Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: General COVID vaccination thread

General COVID vaccination thread

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I hadn’t checked this thread for a while - hope everybody is doing better.
    How are you doing?

Re: General COVID vaccination thread

I tested positive for Covid this morning…..triple vaxed too……..

You all remain in my prayers.

The report on my nephew, sister in law and 90 year old father in law is a positive one. They are all seemingly on the mend and absent the fever today, and other symptoms have lessened.

Nephew was very sick for a couple of days, much better yesterday, and as of this morning says he feels fine now.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

All great news, King.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Hope your symptoms are minor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

My daughter administered the home test to me, my wife, and my son last night. All of us are vaccinated.

My wife and son both showed negative.

I tested positive. Me, the guy that seldom leaves the house, who washes his hands constantly, who follows the protocols. And just like when my daughter did her own test, my results on the home test showed in a couple of minutes, not the 15 minute waiting period. Go figure.
    I did feel bad a few days ago, especially with this sore throat and the diarrhea, which has been really bad. The cough is irritating, but not any worse than any others that I've had. I had fever on and off for a couple of days, but Tylenol helped a lot with that.

I wonder what form of pestilence the ChiComs will release on us next?
    Last edited by suncat05; 01-17-2022 at 08:14 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post

You mean other than a river of contaminated pharmaceuticals and food and a river of cheap plastic crap that breaks easy?

Best wishes to all of you, and really to us all. This thing is getting really old, but it does seem that omicron is more in the cold/flu range we have anyway, esp. if vaccinated. Maybe we all get it and build our immunity to the worse strains and we can move on from this that way. Seems like the only real option right now.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fine. Just like I had never had it

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    How are you doing?

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Avian Influenza H5N6, that's the one I was worried about before SARS-CoV-2 appeared. Still sporadic reports of it infecting and killing people but no person to person spread yet.

Also, still testing positive despite my wife already being negative. My work requires a negative result to return to the office, so I am stuck working from home. Hopefully, I test negative by the end of this week.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 01-18-2022 at 01:26 PM.

Sorry to hear of all the positives. Everybody that is anybody is testing positive.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Sorry to hear of all the positives. Everybody that is anybody is testing positive.
    And even some of us nobodies.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I do not think I will take the test when we get the free gubmint testing supplies. That way I can continue on in blissful ignorance.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I'm starting to feel left out.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Finally almost testing negative, today had the faintest of faint pink bands. I am guessing tomorrow I'll be fully negative.

I’m on the downhill side of my positive test. Not the worst Illness I’ve ever had, but not any fun either.

Bombino

To my Alabama folks, stay safe out there. Alabama is running a 45+% positivity rate for testing (that's the 7-day average, not just a single day fluke). For those who haven't gotten boosted please do and for those who haven't gotten vaccinated, I doubt I will change your mind but here we go: do it for your family, do it for your neighbors, hell do it for me. Omicron might be milder but for unvaccinated that's like the saying "getting shot in the stomach is milder than getting shot in the chest".

https://www.al.com/news/2022/01/alab...in-nation.html

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    To my Alabama folks, stay safe out there. Alabama is running a 45+% positivity rate for testing (that's the 7-day average, not just a single day fluke). For those who haven't gotten boosted please do and for those who haven't gotten vaccinated, I doubt I will change your mind but here we go: do it for your family, do it for your neighbors, hell do it for me. Omicron might be milder but for unvaccinated that's like the saying "getting shot in the stomach is milder than getting shot in the chest".

https://www.al.com/news/2022/01/alab...in-nation.html
    Dear Evan Hansen is in town this week. After watching the movie (my wife and I in Jackson, Mississippi as the only two people in the theater), she really wanted to see the play.

With Covid raging here, she said she just doesn't feel comfortable even with a N95 mask sitting in a sold out crowded concert hall.

Next time.

Bombino

Dear Evan Hansen is in town this week. After watching the movie (my wife and I in Jackson, Mississippi as the only two people in the theater), she really wanted to see the play.

With Covid raging here, she said she just doesn't feel comfortable even with a N95 mask sitting in a sold out crowded concert hall.

Next time.
    That sounds prudent. Hope you are doing ok D.

Next time.
    My mother is itching hard to go to a home basketball game. I've dissuaded her thus far, esp. playing East Armpit Technical College all during November, but getting harder now that we're in the conference and not playing like a AAU team.

I'm just not warm to getting it. I wont' cower from it, I run my business and do my job and try to be prudent but not over the top. But for something this discretionary, where I really don't have to go and can watch on TV, I just don't see the risk as worth it even though we're all vaxxed up.

Same for dining out. I like to cook, and can do that with as much or even less allocation of time than going out, it's cheaper, and I'm not in a crowd of people most of whom seem oblivious to any risks and are thus not the best crowd in which to find oneself anyway.

So for now I don't hide from the rain running from doorway to doorway, but neither do I walk down the middle of the street in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    That sounds prudent. Hope you are doing ok D.

I'm great, Pedro, hope you and your wife are doing well.

I'm no longer having any symptoms. Just got back from a leisurely 6.55 mile walk while listening to a seminar. Not doing any running yet, but walked 30+ miles this week, so I'm feeling fine.

I'm still sleeping in a separate bedroom, eating separately, and wearing a mask when I go to common rooms at my house - have no clue how my wife avoided it when my daughter and I got it, but trying to make sure she doesn't get it.

About ready to unmask at home, but it's not a big deal to us right now so just being ultra cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    My mother is itching hard to go to a home basketball game. I've dissuaded her thus far, esp. playing East Armpit Technical College all during November, but getting harder now that we're in the conference and not playing like a AAU team.

I'm just not warm to getting it. I wont' cower from it, I run my business and do my job and try to be prudent but not over the top. But for something this discretionary, where I really don't have to go and can watch on TV, I just don't see the risk as worth it even though we're all vaxxed up.

Same for dining out. I like to cook, and can do that with as much or even less allocation of time than going out, it's cheaper, and I'm not in a crowd of people most of whom seem oblivious to any risks and are thus not the best crowd in which to find oneself anyway.

So for now I don't hide from the rain running from doorway to doorway, but neither do I walk down the middle of the street in traffic.
    Yeah I think that's similar to our course.

We went to a movie, wore N95 masks during a matinee where we chose our seats. When we saw nobody else in the Theatre, it made it easy.

Outdoor sports, we've attended.

Stopped dining out, although we do takeout once or twice a week, go inside to get it, but just don't hang around for an hour.

Others do, and I don't criticize them for it. We all have our own decisions to make like that. Some of us drive a little faster than others. Some of us drive vehicles that are less safe.

I almost decided to go to Auburn tomorrow for the game because I think for at least the next few months I'll be as safe as anybody, but I missed the deadline (and truthfully didn't know I'd be feeling this good yet). I may go to a game soon because I'm not sure when I will go again. I hate the SEC Tournament is in Tampa this year, although truthfully, I may be in Cincinnati playing new grandfather.

Life goes on, but weighing a lot of things to me seems pretty easy to balance in favor of being a little more cautious.

Bombino

I'm great, Pedro, hope you and your wife are doing well.

I'm no longer having any symptoms. Just got back from a leisurely 6.55 mile walk while listening to a seminar. Not doing any running yet, but walked 30+ miles this week, so I'm feeling fine.

I'm still sleeping in a separate bedroom, eating separately, and wearing a mask when I go to common rooms at my house - have no clue how my wife avoided it when my daughter and I got it, but trying to make sure she doesn't get it.

About ready to unmask at home, but it's not a big deal to us right now so just being ultra cautious.
    The wife and I are doing well. I finally tested negative today, just in time for our trip next week. Glad to hear that you are recovering nicely as well. Honestly, that sounds very prudent. I'm almost certain that I got it from sharing spaces with my wife (we have a 1bd apartment, not easy to keep separate).

Good to Hear everyone is recovering and nothing severe. We’re at all kinds of basketball games, running concessions at hs games, and of course boosters decided to do a pancake breakfast a week or two ago so everyone I think got it there or at the mustang madness tourney that weekend. Heck we didn’t even test I was just tired and had very minor cold symptoms. Wife had a fever for a day or two and felt bad then better (I had warned her to get boosted so she didn’t feel as bad and she didn’t listen). Kids all had some tiredness and maybe a minor cold symptom. Several others tested and were positive but only one of the players did because they all wanted to play. So the honest truth of it now is that people are tired of this and aren’t gonna test because they don’t want to miss anything. So it’s just gonna run wild like it has, and the only way not to be as concerned is to have zero contact or get vaxd and boosted and hope for the best. Luckily it seems minor for most anyone that’s fully vaccinated. Still know many do not want to do that and I hate it for them that the only answer is to stay locked in the house. I can’t even worry about hiding from it, I’ll go insane if I have to spend another year locked up.
    Last edited by Padukacat; 01-23-2022 at 08:35 AM.
    Go Cats!

My SIL is still sick but holding her own. The normal upper respiratory stuff

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Florida shuts monoclonal antibody treatment sites after FDA sets new limits

Florida health official disagrees with FDA's decision, particularly regarding Regeneron

Florida Deputy Secretary for Health Kenneth A. Scheppke went on the record saying that the state disagrees with the FDA's decision, particularly regarding Regeneron, noting that it has not been supported by any clinical evidence provided by the FDA.

In a letter to leadership at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Scheppke noted that Florida had ordered more than 30,000 doses of both Regeneron and the sotorovimab monoclonal antibody treatment (which remains permitted), but that HHS had not been responding to their requests for an update on the order.

"While we were hopeful to immediately connect on this timely and important issue, unfortunately, you were no longer able to accommodate our request for a call today and canceled," Scheppke wrote. "We believe the decision to delay our meeting was made with the awareness that this would be announced. Rather than transparent communication from the federal government to states, decisions continue to be made through news cycles and this actively prevents states from making operational decisions that actively save lives."

Gov. Ron DeSantis blasted the Biden administration for the decision.

"Without a shred of clinical data to support this action, Biden has forced trained medical professionals to choose between treating their patients or breaking the law," DeSantis said in a statement. "This indefensible edict takes treatment out of the hands of medical professionals and will cost some Americans their lives. There are real-world implications to Biden’s medical authoritarianism – Americans’ access to treatments is now subject to the whims of a failing president."
    seeya
    dan

@josh_wingrove: DeSantis says his state may sue to keep using two Covid treatments after the FDA halted their use and said they simply don't work on omicron.

The drug manufacturers haven't objected; one even agreed. The AMA agrees. DeSantis objects.

W/ @JonathanJLevin:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...hey-don-t-work

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    The current vaccines are basically worthless against contracting Omicron.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    The current vaccines are basically worthless against contracting Omicron.
    Not with boosters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ainst-omicron/

Lab study shows omicron-blocking antibodies persist four months after a Pfizer-BioNTech booster

Fauci is a lying, conniving, bum.

Andersen added that the situation needed to be looked at more closely, at which point Fauci organized an all hands on deck conference call with colleagues where he was told that risky experiments with the novel coronavirus may not have gone through proper biosafety review and oversight.

Hours later, Fauci hastily organized a call with dozens of worldwide virologists, and notes from the meeting obtained by Special Report reveal that suspicions of the lab leak theory were suppressed over concerns of how the public would react to news of possible Chinese government involvement.

In the meeting, fears were raised by then-National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins that "science and international harmony" could be harmed and accusations of China’s involvement could distract top researchers.

IMO he deserves to be tarred, feathered. and run out of DC on a rail.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 01-26-2022 at 09:06 AM.
    seeya
    dan