Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: General COVID vaccination thread

General COVID vaccination thread

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I got up this morning feeling worse. Cough and congestion escalated, but still no fever to speak of. Took a home test that showed up negative, called my Dr who squeezed me in, tested me for both A&B influenza and Covid… all came out negative.

Basically Ive got a head cold… stinks having to go through all the drama to find out what I had thought all along. Still feel crappy but beats dead.

Covid world sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    …my update, all of my symptoms worsened over last weekend. By Sunday my voice was completely gone and sleep was rare with all of the coughing and hacking.

Monday, back to Dr. another covid/flu A&B test, all negative. Dr switched gears and went with antibiotics and stronger cough suppressant.

Started seeing some relief on Wednesday, fast forward to today, voice still gone but coughing and hacking has gotten better.

…oh, did I mentioned I was involved in a crash on Tuesday totaling my car? Got hit by one of those dumpster open top roll off trucks while crossing Sherman Minton bridge.

That’s a whole other story, bottom line, I was very lucky.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

…my update, all of my symptoms worsened over last weekend. By Sunday my voice was completely gone and sleep was rare with all of the coughing and hacking.

Monday, back to Dr. another covid/flu A&B test, all negative. Dr switched gears and went with antibiotics and stronger cough suppressant.

Started seeing some relief on Wednesday, fast forward to today, voice still gone but coughing and hacking has gotten better.

…oh, did I mentioned I was involved in a crash on Tuesday totaling my car? Got hit by one of those dumpster open top roll off trucks while crossing Sherman Minton bridge.

Jesus what a rough week! Glad to hear you are on the mend. The wife has been sick all week with very similar symptoms to you. Negative for COVID both by antigen and PCR. She just lost her voice. I'll contact her doctor about antibiotics if she doesn't start getting better soon.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Re: General COVID vaccination thread

Darrell, you might want to try a hot toddy right before bedtime. My wife has an issue with nasal drainage, and that is the only solution she has found that works for her every time. She tries cough drops, mucinex, and benadryl, and each of them will work occasionally, but the hot toddy never fails. 1 1/2 to 2 ounces of bourbon, 1 ounce of lemon juice, the stuff in the little plastic lemon works just fine, and 1 1/2 oz of honey, and 2 ounces of iced tea is what she uses, but she says there are a (bajillion) hot toddy recopies on google and she assumes most of them work. I finally forced her to give me the recipe she uses and that is posted above.

She wrinkles up her nose at every sip as she does not really like bourbon, but she loves the relief the toddy brings. She sleeps thru the night with minimal if any coughing.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Dan, I may try that. I drink hot peppermint (no caffeine) tea before bed, and another cup around 3 when I'm still struggling and awake and it seems to have a small impact, but not lasting.

One and Done

Dang Blueboss, that is a rough week. Glad to hear that you are OK.

One and Done

Negative at home test this morning. Looks like my family has put Covid behind us, for now. All in all is was very mild for us. My only wish is that it would be the same for everyone.

Dang boss, got hit by a dumpster truck and sounds like you're at least OK, so yeah that's very fortunate.

Hopefully the new meds will help too.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Well, tested negative Sunday and positive today, so I guess it's not allergies after all.

Have had two days of bunch of sinus issues, little headache but not much. Wrecked my sleep but that's not unusual. Feel a little better tonight than have, so I think I'm on the way to recovery.

Good grief, Blueboss. I'm so sorry to hear. Hope you are recovering from the mystery illness.

Hey blueboss, you take care my friend!

Rupp's Runt

Darrell and Blue, how are y’all doing?

Hopefully Blueboss is doing ok. Sounds like he's got some kinda funk.

I didn't get much sleep. Typical symptoms of cough, congestion (I really hate that), some fatigue but when you don't sleep, you know, you're tired. Not to get gross, but hopefully it's a little educational, the nasal discharge has gone down a lot, which has helped. More disappointed that I'm not almost done today as I expected. I'm ok, though, thanks. Don't worry about me, I'm on the mend.

You use a netty pot don't you? Can't recall but thought so.

I used to use vodka, but of late it's gin.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I’m finally about over this thing. Coughing and hacking has pretty much cleared up, and my voice is almost back to normal. Antibiotics pretty much did the trick, although it took 7-10 days to clear up.

Along the way I was tested three times for Covid and twice for the flu ,all coming up negative. I’ve had head cold/respiratory congestion colds, but this thing was super strength.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Glad you're on the mend. You'd think with all the mask wearing and distancing we'd all be in great shape on the regular round of flu and other stuff, and seemed to be last year, but not this one. I've known a number of people to get head colds etc. this year and all tested negative.

Now if we can get Darrell's crew OK we'll have a good week on this front.

Man this has been a really fun 2 years.

Daughter went back to work today, per her hospital guidelines. She's supposed to wear N95 masks around everyone for the next 5 days as well, but they need nurses so there she goes at 6 this morning.

I'm better today. Still a lot of "junk," but the congestion is relieved, which was a big part of my discomfort. Still cough and nasal drainage.

And yes, I'm a neti pot user. That has been a godsend for illnesses in the past and allergies. Hasn't helped much here, but I keep two netipots near me, with boiled water (I don't think there is any brain eating amoeba here, but you can never be too careful) and have aggressively used it.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Jesus what a rough week! Glad to hear you are on the mend. The wife has been sick all week with very similar symptoms to you. Negative for COVID both by antigen and PCR. She just lost her voice. I'll contact her doctor about antibiotics if she doesn't start getting better soon.

Whelp, my wife tested again on Saturday because she was still coughing and we just got the results back, she's positive. She's no longer feverish but can't shake this cough. She reached out to get doctor to find out more.

I guess I'll be testing trying to go get tested again tomorrow.

Rupp's Runt

Prayers for you and your wife!

Whelp, my wife tested again on Saturday because she was still coughing and we just got the results back, she's positive. She's no longer feverish but can't shake this cough. She reached out to get doctor to find out more.

I guess I'll be testing trying to go get tested again tomorrow.

Dang! Hate to here it…

My household is on the north side of the funk.. my wife still insists we had omni and the multiple test were all wrong. I think next time I’ll just tell her I was positive.

Pedro, good thoughts and prayers for your wife and you. We are ever so grateful for your presence and help and hope you and your better half get/stay healthy!

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Prayers for you and your wife!
    Thanks! Just noticed you live in Greenville. Not sure if you are from there but growing up, my next door neighbors were from Greenville originally (last name Boggess/Wright)

Dang! Hate to here it…

My household is on the north side of the funk.. my wife still insists we had omni and the multiple test were all wrong. I think next time I’ll just tell her I was positive.

Glad to hear that yall are on the upswing! If you feel like being cantankerous, not that I condone that in any way , you can mention that antibiotics don't work on viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Pedro, good thoughts and prayers for your wife and you. We are ever so grateful for your presence and help and hope you and your better half get/stay healthy!
    Thanks Darrell! We are in the midst of it but overall it hasn't been too bad *knock on wood*. The wife is still coughing like crazy but is now at least getting 4-5 hours of sleep a night before a coughing fit wakes her up. At this point, I am pretty certain that I have it as well, I'm just waiting for the test results to come in. My symptoms match for fully vaccinated and boosted: mild fever (99-100), mild cough, heavy mucous, very lethargic. Considering I likely caught it from her over the weekend and am just starting to show symptoms, I am still early on in the process, so we will see how it progresses.

Honestly, Omicron is absolutely burning through the metro-Seattle area right now (like it is in most of the country). Test positivity at Univ. Washington Clinical Lab was 32% yesterday and estimates indicate that around 1.0-1.5% of the metro-area population is contracting Omicron each day. Even though Omicron is significantly less severe for the fully vaccinated and boosted (it is still notably severe for the unvaccinated), the hospitals are being stressed just due to the scale of infections. It is simple math, if something causes 1/2 the hospitalizations per infection but infects 10x the people you are going to end up with a lot more hospitalizations. In the end, the math also says this will burn itself out in the next few weeks to a month and we will have some breathing room.

Rupp's Runt

Thanks! Just noticed you live in Greenville. Not sure if you are from there but growing up, my next door neighbors were from Greenville originally (last name Boggess/Wright)
    From Greenville and still live there. I live just south of there between Greenville and Todd County if that tells you anything. I work in Hopkinsville and commute, not a ton of IT jobs in Muhlenberg County I know a few folks with those last names.

PDG8,

Your wife’s symptoms sound exactly like what I had along with my voice being gone. Hope she gets through it sooner than later and your symptoms remain mild.

I still have some slight congestion in week two.

I’m already on the cantankerous angle…

One and Done

Pedro, thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for both of you.

It is crazy the number of people who are getting this variant!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

My (vaxxed) nephew who is an OTR driver came home yesterday and is isolated in his room after testing positive. He is pretty sick they say.
    Thing is, he lives with my sister in law (his Mom) with my 90 year old father in law on his new farm.

Bill, my Wife's Dad has a 101 degree temp this evening. He is a healthy hard working feller', but say a prayer for him.

She, and he are both un-vaxxed. Bill refused it because he has it worked out with the family that since he is nearing 91 when God takes him, to just let him go. No surgeries or hospital stays.

Sister in law is a strong anti-vaxxer who believes it's a government conspiracy and a religious type event. But is also a kind hearted soul.
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-13-2022 at 09:48 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Just a random observation, non-medical.

I usually wear a Garmin watch that monitors my heart rate 24/7 (unless I have a meeting or something and switch watches). Anyway, the interesting thing is that my resting heart rate went up 5-8 beats per minute for 7 days after I got covid. Not anything to worry about, just something interesting. Feeling much better today and the RHR is back to normal as well, based on last night's sleep.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    My (vaxxed) nephew who is an OTR driver came home yesterday and is isolated in his room after testing positive. He is pretty sick they say.
    Thing is, he lives with my sister in law (his Mom) with my 90 year old father in law on his new farm.

Bill, my Wife's Dad has a 101 degree temp this evening. He is a healthy hard working feller', but say a prayer for him.

She, and he are both un-vaxxed. Bill refused it because he has it worked out with the family that since he is nearing 91 when God takes him, to just let him go. No surgeries or hospital stays.

Sister in law is a strong anti-vaxxer who believes it's a government conspiracy and a religious type event. But is also a kind hearted soul.
    Wow, that is tough. Prayers going for them all! May this pass over them with minimal suffering, if God wills it.

As for my fam, the wife tested negative this morning via rapid antigen test whereas I am still positive (no surprise). She still has the cough and phlegm but everything else is back to normal. For me, my head is stuffed up with some of the thickest mucous I have EVER had. Beyond the occasional cough/sneeze, literally ZERO symptoms. I have known a couple others who were fully boosted and all have been pretty similar. Booster FTMWF!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    You use a netty pot don't you? Can't recall but thought so.

I used to use vodka, but of late it's gin.
    Covid19 does not like a different type of pot.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid...ompounds-study
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

One and Done

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Just a random observation, non-medical.

I usually wear a Garmin watch that monitors my heart rate 24/7 (unless I have a meeting or something and switch watches). Anyway, the interesting thing is that my resting heart rate went up 5-8 beats per minute for 7 days after I got covid. Not anything to worry about, just something interesting. Feeling much better today and the RHR is back to normal as well, based on last night's sleep.
    I have a Garmin as well and noticed the same thing. Hoping it starts dropping soon.

I hadn’t checked this thread for a while - hope everybody is doing better.