Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: General COVID vaccination thread

Re: General COVID vaccination thread

Sorry to hear that. EmergenCee and a zinc tablet twice a day sez notadoc bigsky.

If you are that short of breath, a visit to the emergency room is probably in order. Take care of yourself!!!!!!!!!
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

General COVID vaccination thread

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If you are that short of breath, a visit to the emergency room is probably in order. Take care of yourself!!!!!!!!!
    Yep! Don’t wait.

If it is anything like my second shot. It sucks all energy from you and I see why it impacts the elderly so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 05-22-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Yep! Don’t wait.

If it is anything like my second shot. It sucks all energy from you and I see why it impacts the elderly so much.

At 68 years old, I have been really fortunate in that respect. I got the 2 Pfizer shots to begin with then have had the 2 boosters, and the only downside to any of them have been soreness the next day at the injection site and then it was gone the following day.
    seeya
    dan

I’m not really exhibiting any shortness of breath, I’m just congested, achey and fatigued. I’m moving around ok, just slowly.

Ive been eating Tylenol for aches and Benadryl for congestion.

I think we’ve got mucinex and I’ve got prescription cough pills, those pearl things. I forgot about emergen C, I’ve got that too.

Nothing has gotten better today, but it hasn’t gotten worse either.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Mine weakened after four days. Ms boss, started feeling bad Tuesday, tested + on Wednesday. I currently have her at out patient getting anti body infusion. Hers has been worse, due to underlying health issues COPD..

I could use the KSR, friends and family prayer wagon loaded up.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Mine weakened after four days. Ms boss, started feeling bad Tuesday, tested + on Wednesday. I currently have her at out patient getting anti body infusion. Hers has been worse, due to underlying health issues COPD..

You certainly have our prayers. Sounds like the infusion is taking place at the very best time, within the first four days of symptoms. I feel very confident that will do the job as it did for Donna.
    God bless and keep you both.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Prayers going up!

You've got em, Blueboss.

Done, and will continue until I hear they are no longer needed.
    seeya
    dan

Bombino

You have my prayers blueboss!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Thanks to all!!

…it’s baby steps, but Ms boss is showing signs of improvement today.

It appears the Covid is lightening up, it’s day four. The bronchitis seems to be better, pounding it with steroids, and antibiotics…

Glad things are improving Boss. Keep us informed as you can.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Ditto, Blueboss. Keep up the recovery! We will keep the prayers going.

How are things going this morning boss? I am hoping to hear good news
    seeya
    dan

It is good news, I don’t mind saying I was pretty worried at the onset back on Wednesday. Ms boss is improving slowly but surely. The bronchitis is lingering but we got it before it went into pneumonia.

The infusion seemed to hold the the rona in check. Luckily, I got mine and was pretty well over it when she came down with it… afforded me the chance to take care of her needs.

Lord works in mysterious ways… thanks for all the prayers, KSR carries some serious weight with the Big Man.

Last edited by blueboss; 05-30-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks for sharing the report. I am very glad that she is on the mend, and also hope that the bronchial tubes clear up soon.
    seeya
    dan

Bombino

It is good news, I don’t mind saying I was pretty worried at the onset back on Wednesday. Ms boss is improving slowly but surely. The bronchitis is lingering but we got it before it went into pneumonia.

The infusion seemed to hold the the rona in check. Luckily, I got mine and was pretty well over it when she came down with it… afforded me the chance to take care of her needs.

Lord works in mysterious ways… thanks for all the prayers, KSR carries some serious weight with the Big Man.

Glad to hear it. Prayers that she continues getting better!

Rupp's Runt

Good to hear Blueboss!

I hate to use the term “bitched at” because one might conclude I’m referring to whoever “bitched” at me is a bitch.

For a lack of better term, Ms boss expressed something adamantly to me this morning that I may have dropped the ball on over the last couple of weeks. I was pleased to take it.

She “is” feeling better…

…I took care of it this afternoon.

Now she just needs to rest and regain her strength.

The KSR prayer wagon is powerful. Thanks to all!!

…and The Big Guy, of course.

Last edited by blueboss; 05-31-2022 at 07:03 PM.

Nah, it's "bitching". Doesn't make the source of it a bitch, but I think in a very gender neutral way it's "bitching".

I won't comment on how that is a good sign, lol, but I think you're OK there on the description.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I hate to use the term “bitched at” because one might conclude I’m referring to whoever “bitched” at me is a bitch.

For a lack of better term, Ms boss expressed something adamantly to me this morning that I may have dropped the ball on over the last couple of weeks. I was pleased to take it.

She “is” feeling better…

…I took care of it this afternoon.

Now she just needs to rest and regain her strength.

The KSR prayer wagon is powerful. Thanks to all!!

…and The Big Guy, of course.

Forgot to wash the dishes, do the laundry, do the vacuuming and dusting, and sort the mail? Don't tell us that you forgot to cough up some Biden money and pay the utility bills before they cut you off?
    seeya
    dan

Actually, I have been doing the household chores, including laundry, dishes, grocery.

I had a plumbing issue last fall, the guy that did the repair offered me a side deal on installing a french drain between my house and garage. I had a quote from a guy, but this guy came in for a third of the quotes I was receiving.

We both agreed to get it done in the spring so I could go straight into the grass growing season to get the yard back in shape quicker. Anyway it’s a pretty big job as it is going to run the entire length of the house and beyond to direct the water down the slope of my back yard.

The guy has been canceling for the last couple of months for various reasons including hospitalization due to Covid, rainy weather on weekends etc.

The Mrs. got kind of adamant about getting it done… oddly, she really knows nothing about it and the only reason she’s aware of the task is the guy has dropped a lot of the material ( pipe tubing, a roll of some mesh material etc) off that she doesn’t like cluttering up the area he has it stored.

Ms. boss, still has a deep cough and rattle, called the MD for a video conference, she immediately sent her to get chest X-rays to check for pneumonia.

X-rays came back negative, so that’s a huge relief.

Hers is a slow road to recovery, baby steps and rest.

Sorry about your wife’s health. I’m convinced the monoclonal antibody infusion very early helped me fight it off. And between natural immunity, even with as little as I have, and the antibodies, I got some “immunity” for months afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Sorry about your wife’s health. I’m convinced the monoclonal antibody infusion very early helped me fight it off. And between natural immunity, even with as little as I have, and the antibodies, I got some “immunity” for months afterwards.
    Her GP (Doc) told my wife that the antibodies provided very good protection six to eight months out.

Being unvaccinated, on the fourth day of symptomatic covid and already with covid pneumonia, she received the monoclonal antibody infusion and within three days her lungs were clear. Listening to her breathe the day before her visit to the hospital I stayed awake all night wondering if she could keep up the labored, shallow breathing.

It is 100% certain that M.A. works wonders if administered early on. After ten days of symptoms it likely wont help older folks, and from four days on the related positive outcome begins to generally decline.
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-03-2022 at 11:08 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I believe the MA infusion greatly helped Ms. boss, and knocked the the Covid down. Her problem was it went into a bronchial infection. Good news/bad news, the bronchial thing can be treated with antibiotics, and steroids…. She is getting better.

Good deal boss.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Rupp's Runt

I'm seeing more and more masks in the stores. Not a lot, but I am seeing an uptick.

I think it's going to be really hard to reinstitute a mask requirement, even if it might do some good. I get the sense there's not a public will to return to that.

Perhaps not coincidentally, we're seeing a sudden increase in Covid cases where I work, and where virtually everyone is vaccinated, and there are many of us who have tested negative for Covid but have a lingering upper respiratory thing. I'm on week 2 of mine--no fever, not contagious (I think), but a lingering cough.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19