Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Rupp's Runt

InstantPot! WOW!

I bought my bride an InstantPot 3 years ago last Christmas.
    Due to her Mom & Dad being very ill, and then leaving her job, and then coming back from the Philippines after their funerals and taking another job in Brevard County and having to get an apartment there until I retired, well, she just didn't get around to busting it out of the box.
    Until tonight.
    OMG! She made Filipino beef stew tonight, with all the usual goodies in it along with this seasoning powder called "Magic Sarap" (I call it Filipino pixie dust).
    That was the best stew I have ever had in my entire life! WOW!
    I am firing that bad boy up next week for Nonna's famous Sicilian spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage, pork chops, and an unsmoked pig's foot. I am already drooling in anticipation over how good it's going to be! WOW! 😉
    MOLON LABE!

Re: InstantPot! WOW!

My wife uses ours all the time, it sure cooks the meats nice and tender.

Love the Instant Pot. I made the best blackeyed peas I've ever had in that thing. Does so many things very well.

I'd love to get a Ninja Foodi, which will do pressure cooker like the Instant Pot and also serves as an air fryer.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

InstantPot! WOW!

Ms boss got one for Christmas, need recipe ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Love the Instant Pot. I made the best blackeyed peas I've ever had in that thing. Does so many things very well.
    It does a great job on Pinto and other dried beans as well.

Best way to cook eggs in the shell I ever saw. Cooks them quick and they peel super easy. Wife uses it for more than that, but I like egg salad and that is as far as I have gone with the insta cooking process.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

OT, but I use an egg cooker to "boil" eggs. Eggs are perfect every time. When I get on my diet kick, my doctor hates it because I eat eggs. At 70 calories per egg, it's low calorie, and high protein, and he and I argue about cholesterol. Mine is low, and he still thinks me eating 2 eggs a day, sometimes 3, is way too many. I argue that it replaces cholesterol, doesn't add to it, and he tells me that I got my Medical Degree from Google, and reminds me that I probably hate it when people tell me what "law" is that they found on the internet as well. Of course, he's right. But I'm still eating my eggs. I try to limit it to 2, though.

(Sorry for the diversion. I've never used an Instapot, but I've heard they're great. Son has one, and he's the cook in the family.)

Rupp's Runt

Everything in the stew just started falling apart once I put a spoon to it. The meat was really tender, and everything else was too.
    Really, really GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    OT, but I use an egg cooker to "boil" eggs. Eggs are perfect every time. When I get on my diet kick, my doctor hates it because I eat eggs. At 70 calories per egg, it's low calorie, and high protein, and he and I argue about cholesterol. Mine is low, and he still thinks me eating 2 eggs a day, sometimes 3, is way too many. I argue that it replaces cholesterol, doesn't add to it, and he tells me that I got my Medical Degree from Google, and reminds me that I probably hate it when people tell me what "law" is that they found on the internet as well. Of course, he's right. But I'm still eating my eggs. I try to limit it to 2, though.

(Sorry for the diversion. I've never used an Instapot, but I've heard they're great. Son has one, and he's the cook in the family.)
    I thought the whole eggs raise your cholesterol thing has been disproven?

InstantPot! WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I thought the whole eggs raise your cholesterol thing has been disproven?
    I believe that to be true as well.

Rupp's Runt

I went total old school last night and made pasta fagioli. Grandma's secret Tuscan recipe Italian bean soup.
    With the assistance of the InstantPot, flat out knocked it out of the ballpark.
    Best. Soup. Ever! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I went total old school last night and made pasta fagioli. Grandma's secret Tuscan recipe Italian bean soup.
    With the assistance of the InstantPot, flat out knocked it out of the ballpark.
    Best. Soup. Ever! ��
    You shared that recipe with us years ago and it is a winner; I can attest to that fact...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    You shared that recipe with us years ago and it is a winner; I can attest to that fact...
    Glad you enjoy it Pappy!
    I had not made it in a long while. My bride has to cut back on certain food items for health reasons, and beans sometimes cause her some problems. So far this time around she hasn't had any issues.
    And she thinks this was easily the best iteration of this soup that I have made.

Some YouTube channels I go to for Instant Pot recipes:

Pressure Luck

Mike Vrobel (stopped doing new videos but his archive has some really good stuff)

Flo Lum (her channel is now more of a lifestyle channel but her Instant Pot recipes are really good)

Skinnytaste (a general healthy eating channel but she has a lot of good Instant Pot recipes)
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-20-2021 at 08:56 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Yes, I have seen that Pressure Luck guy's videos. He has a ton of them. And I will very likely try a few of them as they look pretty darn good.
    I just looked at the meatloaf & mashed potatoes video earlier today. It looks pretty tasty. His Jewish brisket recipe looks really good too.

I like to use ours for venison stew. I chunk up the venison and soak it overnight in salt water. I then pressure it for about an hour, add carrots, onion, potatoes and seasoning. Then pressure it long enough to cook the taters and carrots. The venison comes out super tender.