Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Re: Kentucky v Alabama Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    Well if the fan backlash from their protest messes with their mind that badly, they are too mentally weak anyhow. Now even though I don’t agree with it, I fully respect their right to do it.
    I dont know about the fan backlash and don't really think that would have mattered. But I do know when the university has to publicly address something like this, that can obviously have an effect on the teams psyche.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I dont know about the fan backlash and don't really think that would have mattered. But I do know when the university has to publicly address something like this, that can obviously have an effect on the teams psyche.
    Wait, I thought it was the passing of Ben...

That or UK is a poorly designed team that lacks defensive intensity and has no perimeter shooting.

Me, I lean towards the latter because UK has not played well all season including before the kneeling episode.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Wait, I thought it was the passing of Ben...

That or UK is a poorly designed team that lacks defensive intensity and has no perimeter shooting.

Me, I lean towards the latter because UK has not played well all season including before the kneeling episode.
    The latter certainly appears true, and for all but the staff and Brooks i just dont see how Ben's passing could affect them that much. I am truly sorry to hear it myself though.

But what I suggest is likely true at least to some extent also Doc. Now, I don't know how much it would have effected their play but I say it's a big deal for a college student to be defended by a public university statement. A group of students could see that effect multiplied exponentially. Even if it was about abusing bathroom privilege's or getting caught in a coed drinking game. We don't know what all may have been said to them by the A.D. and the university president. Fact is those two did feel the need to make a statement to the press.

I'm making no comment one way or the other about the kneeling incident positive or negative..
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-12-2021 at 11:49 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

The latter certainly appears true, and for all but the staff and Brooks i just dont see how Ben's passing could affect them that much. I am truly sorry to hear it myself though.

But what I suggest is likely true at least to some extent also Doc. Now, I don't know how much it would have effected their play but I say it's a big deal for a college student to be defended by a public university statement. A group of students could see that effect multiplied exponentially. Even if it was about abusing bathroom privilege's or getting caught in a coed drinking game. We don't know what all may have been said to them by the A.D. and the university president. Fact is those two did feel the need to make a statement to the press.

I'm making no comment one way or the other about the kneeling incident positive or negative..
    I can only relate my own experiences

while in vet school, we had an instance where 2 students in the class behind me died. was a traffic accident where the driver fell asleep and hit a car on the shoulder. Left the passenger and one kid in the back of the pickup dead. was a shocking incident, but our school work didn't suffer, at least not mine. Then during my final year we had a graduate from the year before died when kicked in the head by a horse. While it affected the school, my academics continued. When in HS, my senior year I had a good friend stalked and murdered in Gatkinburg TN. That too did not alter my school work. I always see such things as an excuse, not the cause. Of course thats just me but I suspect every poster has a similar story or example

As for the knealing, its the trendy thing to do. VS FL many credited the act as an inspiration for solid play, now its an excuse for poor play? The university and coaching staff came out in support, hardly a negative. Add these are young people who have little concern about such issues (as a rule of thumb) of a reaction. But if so, I don't excuse the consequences of your actions. They elected to do what they did, free choice. And if that action and the result produced that, they need to rethink their actions.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

The national articles about it such as USA Today are also a big distraction.

Ok, they do not get to grab that excuse, especially Cal. Mature adults and individuals realize that if they take an action or allow an action to be taken, they are responsible for that action and if that actions effects their performance in their job (in this case player athlete) they should not take that action. Especially if they are not prepared for possible negative responses to that controversial action.

Again, this is on Cal. The players have too many that just became adults and need leadership and guidance.

No one making any excuses that I have heard. Our opinion of the actions they took have nothing to do with discussion on my whether such national attention is a distraction.
    Simply put, it most certainly is. A big one.
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-13-2021 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    @MattNorlander: We go live tonight to the streets of Tuscaloosa after Alabama men’s basketball hands Kentucky its worst home loss in the John Calipari era and wins at Rupp Arena for the first time in 15 years to remain undefeated in the SEC. https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...510980/photo/1
    In a way that is funny but his attempt at comparison humor is a bit off. Defeating UK in the regular season dims in comparison to wiping out tOSU in the last football game of the year, regardless of how UK fans feel about it.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

No one making any excuses that I have heard. Our opinion of the actions they took have nothing to do with discussion on my whether such national attention is a distraction.
    Simply put, it most certainly is. A big one.
    king, not going to argue the point it is a distraction. My point is if you make yourself the disctracty you do not get to use it as an excuse for your performance.