Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky v Alabama Game Discussion

Re: Kentucky v Alabama Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    He is over holding Court on the Barber Shop probably.
    I’m sure he’d tell us all how wrong we are.

Horrible put together just not enough talent

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    @HoopsInsight: @BigBlueFire The last 2 games UK started taking more shots in the paint and not having so many ridiculous turnovers. That is 100% back now. But the Florida game was one of the handful of best games UK has played in the last 5 years, zero chance that was just a one-off performance.
    Thats how I see it. It was something else tonight., I fear it's partially a response to the criticism they have received since Saturday. I hesitated saying that but I kinda' do.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Kentucky v Alabama Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    Pleasure hanging with you guys tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See ya Saturday.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Good news is football season is only 9 months away.
    Yep. And at least Stoops is attempting to improve his offense.

@coreyp08: For just the second time since Rupp Arena opened in 1976-1977, Kentucky is 2-3 through their first 5 home games of a season (1988-1989)

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Thats how I see it. It was something else tonight., I fear it's partially a response to the criticism they have received since Saturday. I hesitated saying that but I kinda' do.
    Next time they take a knee it better be to pray selfishly.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

@MattNorlander: We go live tonight to the streets of Tuscaloosa after Alabama men’s basketball hands Kentucky its worst home loss in the John Calipari era and wins at Rupp Arena for the first time in 15 years to remain undefeated in the SEC. https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...510980/photo/1

@JonRothstein: Observations from Alabama/Kentucky:

1. Nate Oats has completely changed his team's demeanor since the Western Kentucky loss.
    2. Alabama is flourishing despite several key injuries.
    3. Kentucky has regressed following Saturday's performance at Florida. https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...07015755837448

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Well if the fan backlash from their protest messes with their mind that badly, they are too mentally weak anyhow. Now even though I don’t agree with it, I fully respect their right to do it.

@ChrisFisher247: Alabama is a good team, maybe the best in the SEC, but Kentucky with a clear step back tonight. Progress is rarely linear.

@markcstory: Kentucky’s Keion Brooks tells UK Radio’s Mike Pratt ‘We got punked at the rim.’

@JonRothstein: Reminders of how hard it is to win:

1. John Calipari and Bill Self --- two Hall-of-Famers --- have each suffered the worst home losses of their respective current tenures this season.
    2. Michigan State is 2-4 in Big Ten play.
    3. Duke's best win is at Notre Dame, who is 3-7.

They got destroyed from 3-point range.

@markcstory: Kentucky’s Keion Brooks tells UK Radio’s Mike Pratt ‘We got punked at the rim.’

@johnclayiv: John Calipari: "Not one of our players didn't play well. Obviously I didn't coach well." Says he told team he's going to find five guys who will fight and play them. #BBN #ukbasketball

@JDrumUK: Calipari: "We reverted. I'm not sure I'm even going to watch this tape. On to the next one."

@markcstory: Calipari: ‘Let me ask you: Did we have anybody who could stay in front of anybody?’

@JDrumUK: Calipari: "We didn't get it to Olivier. We showed them at halftime five times where he was open, and we didn't get it to him. Or he was in a dogfight and we threw it then, so he couldn't get it."

@KyleTucker_ATH: Calipari on Bama: “One of their players at the end asked me, ‘What’s the score?’ I said, ‘You know what it is.’ " He laughed. Said Tide came right at UK. "When you’re getting clubbed, you got no confidence."

@JDrumUK: Calipari asked can he beat a team like this as constructed... Can't go 4-for-18 from 3. "Maybe we're not a good 3-point shooting team."

@johnclayiv: Calipari: "First half they made 10 (threes). They were either uncontested or we were late getting there." #BBN #ukbasketball

Ya think, try recruiting some shooters Cal!
    @JDrumUK: Calipari asked can he beat a team like this as constructed... Can't go 4-for-18 from 3. "Maybe we're not a good 3-point shooting team."

@KyleTucker_ATH: Asked Calipari if he can beat a time(team) that plays like Bama as his own team is currently constructed. He went on a thing about how they took 18 3-pointers and only made four, so should they have taken 25 to make six?

Huh.

Says UK could've taken advantage inside, failed to.

Has to change his approach surely.
    @JDrumUK: Calipari: "We reverted. I'm not sure I'm even going to watch this tape. On to the next one."

@markcstory: Calipari: ‘Let me ask you: Did we have anybody who could stay in front of anybody?’

@JDrumUK: Calipari: "We didn't get it to Olivier. We showed them at halftime five times where he was open, and we didn't get it to him. Or he was in a dogfight and we threw it then, so he couldn't get it."

@KyleTucker_ATH: Calipari on Bama: “One of their players at the end asked me, ‘What’s the score?’ I said, ‘You know what it is.’ " He laughed. Said Tide came right at UK. "When you’re getting clubbed, you got no confidence."

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Ya think, try recruiting some shooters Cal!
    That's the part he just doesn't seem to get. If you see the post right underneath yours, it makes it even clearer that the question was very pointed, that Kentucky doesn't have three point shooters, and maybe we should have them. Calipari just glossed over it. Surely to goodness he understands and gets it by now. Surely he does.

I learned a long time ago that when someone says surely, it means they're not sure.

Seems like he is going through the motions.
    @KyleTucker_ATH: Asked Calipari if he can beat a time(team) that plays like Bama as his own team is currently constructed. He went on a thing about how they took 18 3-pointers and only made four, so should they have taken 25 to make six?

Huh.

Says UK could've taken advantage inside, failed to.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Seems like he is going through the motions.
    Not doing a great job, that is evident.

@DrewFranklinKSR: Kentucky layups: 8-18 (44.4%)
    Alabama 3-pointers: 14-30 (46.7%)

Goodbye.

Starting to feel myself like at the end of the tubby era. Games just do not have the same meaning.

I think I'm going to call it a night myself, guys. I do think the truth of Kentucky basketball is somewhere between this game and the Florida game and we can reach the Florida game more often this year. It's still not going to be a good year. But I will be here, good or bad, as always. They're my team. See you guys in the morning.

It’s no longer the game is passing Cal by.

It is now passing Kentucky by. Kentucky is a pick-up truck on leaded fuel playing in a hybrid world. This program is a Radio Shack Tandy computer in the internet age. We are as Cal is.

We are Indiana

Or close

Our players have so little Court vision.
    No court vision. Not only can't they see their teamamate to pass it, apparently they can't see the opponent to guard them.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doubt we make it to Saturday in the SECT.
    We continue to play like we did tonight, we could lose on Wed
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.