Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Despite the DC and Media Narrative right now...

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    No actually.

In each state in the Union that used the courts or executive branch to change their voting laws (be it date to receive or mail ballots or extending period for which ballots could be accepted) those are illegal ballots. Only the legislative branches can make change to state voting laws. As I understand it SCOTUS never said they were legal, just that the claims were filed too late (balless Roberts). That would not even account for the new mail in ballots processed developed by those two branches that were outside the approved absentee ballot process in each state.

And that is why you will always have 74MM people, at least, saying Biden is not legitimate POTUS. COVID or any pandemic is no excuse for Exec Branch and Judicial Branch to make an end run around the legislative branches.
    It happens in every single election. There have always been exceptions made and rule changes. They were simply highlighted this year.
    Not just that, every single new member in the House and Senate as well as a huge number of state and local elections were on the exact same ballots following the exact same rules.
    No one is standing up and saying anyone else "stole the election". No one is sating any of those people are "not legitimate".

That is what has always made this argument such an illogical one. There were people in House and Senate elected on the same ballot who voted to overturn the Presidential election based on your exact argument. Even though its completely and utterly illogical to do.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    Definitely right about Mitch. He’s not dumb. I just hope we as Kentuckians can find a better candidate than him in 6 years. I’ve wanted him gone for a while but the alternatives have been worse.
    Mitch will be 84 when his current term ends. I don't suspect he will run again.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    Puma,

Serious question, why do you think Mitch blocked the vote for 2K stimulus? He had to know it would cost them votes in Georgia, heck I did. Was/is always his end game to rid the republican party of Trump and his supporters?
    Blocking the vote was smart of him imo (as a political move). The reason he did it is because it would not have passed the Senate. The majority of Republicans had already said they would not support it. He knew it wouldn't pass.
    As bad as it might have looked to not hold the vote....it would have been worse to hold it and not pass it. And that would have put those particular Republicans on record which they didn't want.

Trump put the squeeze on Mitch and the Republicans and it didn't work. Imo (and I am sure in Mitch's), Trump cost Republicans the Georgia races. Him putting pressure on Mitch and going public about the stimulus was likely the final nail in the coffin.

But, Republican turnout in that run-off was doomed from the start. That's what happens when the President tells people for months their election was rigged and they can't trust the Republican SOS etc to run an election.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Mitch will be 84 when his current term ends. I don't suspect he will run again.
    You never know. He could try to become a modern day Strom Thurmond. God help us all!

It happens in every single election. There have always been exceptions made and rule changes. They were simply highlighted this year.
    Not just that, every single new member in the House and Senate as well as a huge number of state and local elections were on the exact same ballots following the exact same rules.
    No one is standing up and saying anyone else "stole the election". No one is sating any of those people are "not legitimate".

That is what has always made this argument such an illogical one. There were people in House and Senate elected on the same ballot who voted to overturn the Presidential election based on your exact argument. Even though its completely and utterly illogical to do.
    Not to mention that everything that VirginiaCat's arguments could or have been settled in court and the point of yours that I have called out is absolutely important to remember.

There are people smarter than any of us here that have concluded that it is over.

At this point, people can either accept that this election was indeed the most safe and secure (as stated by the DHS) or choose to believe lies.

No one likes to be conned. We all have at some point in our life to some degree or another, but there is a time to accept reality and get over it.

Blocking the vote was smart of him imo (as a political move). The reason he did it is because it would not have passed the Senate. The majority of Republicans had already said they would not support it. He knew it wouldn't pass.
    As bad as it might have looked to not hold the vote....it would have been worse to hold it and not pass it. And that would have put those particular Republicans on record which they didn't want.

Trump put the squeeze on Mitch and the Republicans and it didn't work. Imo (and I am sure in Mitch's), Trump cost Republicans the Georgia races. Him putting pressure on Mitch and going public about the stimulus was likely the final nail in the coffin.

But, Republican turnout in that run-off was doomed from the start. That's what happens when the President tells people for months their election was rigged and they can't trust the Republican SOS etc to run an election.
    Thanks, I had not thought of it from that point of view.

No actually.

In each state in the Union that used the courts or executive branch to change their voting laws (be it date to receive or mail ballots or extending period for which ballots could be accepted) those are illegal ballots. Only the legislative branches can make change to state voting laws. As I understand it SCOTUS never said they were legal, just that the claims were filed too late (balless Roberts). That would not even account for the new mail in ballots processed developed by those two branches that were outside the approved absentee ballot process in each state.

And that is why you will always have 74MM people, at least, saying Biden is not legitimate POTUS. COVID or any pandemic is no excuse for Exec Branch and Judicial Branch to make an end run around the legislative branches.
    There have been a lot of excuses put forth about this issue like, it always happens but was made an issue in this election, lots of other people were on these same ballots that are claimed to be illegal and none of them are complaining. What the excuse makers are not addressing is the FACT that the ballots were filed ILLEGALLY. I do not give a damn about the other candidates on those ballots, but I do care about the ones that were illegal for POTUS due to a judge, a governor, a mayor, etc that decided they had the power to change voting rules that only the legislators are charged with doing by the constitutions of the USA and of the individual states.

Count all the legal votes for POTUS, throw out the ones that were not filed legally and see how the results shake out.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I also do not care about the rulings of lower court judges that nullified the legal complains filed by the Trump administration.

Count the damn legal votes and see who wins. I will not be angry or disappointed if Trump loses under those circumstances. Given the events of the last couple of weeks I would hope he loses, but that is not really fair either as none of the events of the last 2 weeks would have happened if the election had been handled in a fair and legal manner whether he had won or lost.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I also do not care about the rulings of lower court judges that nullified the legal complains filed by the Trump administration.

Count the damn legal votes and see who wins. I will not be angry or disappointed if Trump loses under those circumstances. Given the events of the last couple of weeks I would hope he loses, but that is not really fair either as none of the events of the last 2 weeks would have happened if the election had been handled in a fair and legal manner whether he had won or lost.
    You can't have one without the other.

We have laws (like election laws).
    And then we have judges to enforce, implement and apply those laws.
    They did. And they concluded all legal votes were counted. And Trump lost by over 7 million.

Trump received votes in the exact same election on the exact same ballot that Biden did. No votes would be counted under your scenario for either candidate (or any other race) because the "rules were changed".
    ~Puma~

You can't have one without the other.

We have laws (like election laws).
    And then we have judges to enforce, implement and apply those laws.
    They did. And they concluded all legal votes were counted. And Trump lost by over 7 million.

Trump received votes in the exact same election on the exact same ballot that Biden did. No votes would be counted under your scenario for either candidate (or any other race) because the "rules were changed".
    No they did not. Those judges steped into MAKING law, not interpreting them. There in is the problem

No they did not. Those judges steped into MAKING law, not interpreting them. There in is the problem
    You missed my point.

As an example....When the Supreme Court makes a decision that conservatives disagree with because they say the justices "made the law and didn't interpret the law" (this happens a lot) is that decision still the law?

And of course the answer is yes. Just because you or me disagree with the decision (or how they made it) doesn't change the fact that their decision is now the law. Their decision is literally the supreme decision. There is no higher court to appeal.

Those judges made the decision. The Supreme Court accepted (or refused to overturn) those decisions. So, it is THE LAW. Therefore, all legal votes were counted. That is the law (like it or not).

And again, Trump received votes on the exact same ballots in the exact same states where you disagree with the judges decisions on election law.
    So, either none of their votes are legal or both of their votes are legal. That is ultimately the point.
    ~Puma~