Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: If Trump Is Responsible For The Capitol Chaos, Biden/Harris Caused Summer Of Hate

Karl Rove on Fox: "the president should not have given that speech and was wrong to give that speech and what happened afterwards was a result of what he said"
    ~Puma~

Re: If Trump Is Responsible For The Capitol Chaos, Biden/Harris Caused Summer Of Hate

Who do you think stopped the national Guard?

Capitol Police chief sought DC National Guard help before riots – but was denied by supervisors: report

https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-p...p-before-riots

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Who do you think stopped the national Guard?

Capitol Police chief sought DC National Guard help before riots – but was denied by supervisors: report

https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-p...p-before-riots

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
    And rebuffed allowing Maryland's National Guard who waited hours at the DC border for approval from the Pentagon and Administration.

https://www.axios.com/gov-larry-hoga...62487547a.html
    ~Puma~

Could be because Republican Ben Sasse says according to White House aides he talked to....Trump was "Delighted" at the mob sieging the Capitol.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...f-capitol-riot
    ~Puma~

This could have been stopped and we wouldn’t have egg on our face.. I’m so pissed off..

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    This could have been stopped and we wouldn’t have egg on our face.. I’m so pissed off..
    Could it?

Maybe the Capitol scene, but something was bound to happen, because it's BEEN happening during Trump's Presidency. Even people that finally turned because of the actions last week are still in denial about the role these groups played in the summer riots.

I ask this question with absolute respect, but how was it going to be stopped? Nobody was listening, and plenty of people were shouting, including Republicans. The people in power to stop chose not to, and that primary reason was so they wouldn't lose the support of their constituents. Trump supporters called the Republicans standing in opposition the worst things possible.

I think it became too late to stop when Trump said he could stand on 5th Ave and shoot someone and the GOP supported him. I think there will be a time where there will be GOP soul-searching and watch all of the things we have been watching for years and say how did we not see this. At least I hope so.

Will never be any form of unity like that!

It's interesting that after 9/11, GWB had a nearly 90% approval rate. Think about that. Brown, non-Christian terrorists kill 5,000 people and 90% of the country can unite around their leader.

Fast forward 20 years later. On the heels of 350k deaths that could've been mostly avoided, the President of the United States issues a Call to Action that leads to white domestic terrorists to overtake the Capitol and the best we can get is 2/3 of the people to unite against the cause.

We have some serious problems in our country that goes beyond racism, bigotry and xenophobia.

Several capital police going to jail over this.. as they should.. they took a selfie.. some of them let it happen..

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Karl Rove on Fox: "the president should not have given that speech and was wrong to give that speech and what happened afterwards was a result of what he said"
    So now you take advice from Karl Rove.

Should not is one thing. Being illegal is another. Sort of like "I should not have ordered that second pitcher of beer but is nothing illegal about it"

Likewise Allen Dershowitz claims there is no impeachable action. Doing something you should not do is not necessarily illegal.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Could be because Republican Ben Sasse says according to White House aides he talked to....Trump was "Delighted" at the mob sieging the Capitol.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...f-capitol-riot
    Again, where is the illegality in that? Liberal were delighted with the Hart building was stormed last year. Likewise they were delighted and encouraged the BLM riots. I too was delighted to see Conservatives grow some balls. I was not delighted when the broke into the capitol, however civil involvement and making your opinion known is something I do delight in seeing.

And since "words matter"... it does not say Trump was delighted by the "siegeing" of the capitol. He was reported delighted by the Capitol demonstration. He advocated for that... in a PEACEFUL manner, and that the demonstration be PEACEFUL. Those were his words, words that matter.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I find it simply astonishing that people are actually defending Trump. He is now on record (while taking no questions from reports, in his typical cowardly way) basically saying the Capitol siege is no big deal, his words were "totally appropriate" and that Seattle and Portland is the real problem. Sharing the sentiment of people on this board.

Just f'n nuts.

In other news, somewhere Susan Collins is saying that Trump has learned his lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post

In other news, somewhere Susan Collins is saying that Trump has learned his lesson.
    Ha
    ~Puma~

This is an amazing statement from a prominent evangelical leader who sits on the board of the Southern Baptist Convention.

I will highlight two quick parts that are excellent:

If you read nothing else, read this: If you can defend this, you can defend anything. If you can wave this away with “well, what about…” or by changing the subject to a private platform removing an account inciting violence as “Orwellian,” then where, at long last, is your limit?

You will hear people saying that for the sake of “unity” we should quietly put such things away. God forbid. The unity of the people cannot come with a lack of accountability. The police do not have the option to ignore these mobs. The Congress does not have the
    option to ignore their constitutional obligations on high crimes and misdemeanors. The Vice President and the Cabinet cannot put aside questions of their responsibilities for fear of their futures. To hope that this all will just quietly go away and resolve itself is to incite future terrorists and is to do exactly what the Bible forbids—to “justify the wicked and to condemn the righteous” (Prov. 17:15).

Unity demands accountability. Justice demands accountability. Without such, all we are left with is “lawlessness leading to more
    lawlessness” (Rom. 6:19).
    You don’t have to agree with me. I might be wrong. I don’t speak for anyone else, only myself. But you deserve to hear from me what I honestly think. If I were the President, I would resign. If I were the Vice President, I would assemble the cabinet in accordance with the 25th Amendment. If I were a Member of Congress, I would vote to impeach. And if I were a United States senator, I would vote to convict. And I would be willing, if necessary, to lose my seat to do so. As a matter of fact, I am willing, if necessary, to lose this seat.

Is that easy? No. Will people say you’re a “closet liberal.” Yes. Will people threaten “psychological warfare” or conduct endless investigations against you? Maybe. Will people send threats to kill you and your family or to destroy your reputation and ministry? Perhaps.

https://erlcemailcommunication.cmail...EAE85EE68EA635
    Retired county prosecutor me would put Trump's conduct in front of a grand jury, with the intent to seek an indictment for treason/sedition. Impeachment isn't good enough. In the 18th or 19th Century, this would be a death penalty case.

AND I would also have been indicting and prosecuting all along malefactors who committed crimes such as arson and vandalism during the summer. You do not let such stuff pass without a reaction. Moynihan famously called that 'dumbing deviancy down', and he's right. It's the inner city community that suffers from that.

But Trump's crime was significant greater - and more frightening - than anything that happened during the spring and summer. I'm no Democrat - I think Trump is actually the creation of the Democrats' abandonment of some of their core constituencies, rather than the GOP. I never liked him - he obviously has problems with narcissism and a swollen ego.

But I never, EVER thought he'd descend to the depths he reached.
    Last edited by Genuine Realist; 01-12-2021 at 03:01 PM.
    My mother used to tell me, "Elwood, in this world, you must be oh, so smart or oh, so nice." For years I was smart. I recommend nice. You may quote me. - Elwood P. Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Genuine Realist View Post
    Retired county prosecutor me would put Trump's conduct in front of a grand jury, with the intent to seek an indictment for treason/sedition. Impeachment isn't good enough. In the 18th or 19th Century, this would be a death penalty case.

AND I would also have been indicting and prosecuting all along malefactors who committed crimes such as arson and vandalism during the summer. You do not let such stuff pass without a reaction. Moynihan famously called that 'dumbing deviancy down', and he's right. It's the inner city community that suffers from that.

But Trump's crime was significant greater - and more frightening - than anything that happened during the spring and summer. I'm no Democrat - I think Trump is actually the creation of the Democrats' abandonment of some of their core constituencies, rather than the GOP. I never liked him - he obviously has problems with narcissism and a swollen ego.

Well said....I agree with everything except for your last line.
    As in, I did think he could descend to this depth. Many of us have tried to talk about this for years. And call me crazy...but I don't think he has reached his floor.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by Genuine Realist View Post

Good thing that isn't your job. Me, I always believed in innocent until proven guilty.... and I have yet to see anything that shows Trump encourage or promoted violence. I've only seen him ask for peaceful protest, something the Constitution allows, and him LEGALLY challenge an election. In the past democrats have legally challenged elections but I don't recall charges of sedition and treason..

As for Trumps actions being worse than what happened over the summer...I guess your business wasn't burned to the ground. Were it, I suspect you might think that was far worse.

Well said....I agree with everything except for your last line.
    As in, I did think he could descend to this depth. Many of us have tried to talk about this for years. And call me crazy...but I don't think he has reached his floor.
    I completely agree with you as well that the only thing I disagreed with was that he was totally capable of descending to such depths . I was going to react with something similar, but paused as I didn't want to appear like I needed to be right (sarcasm).

We have been trying to say this for years and people way above our pay grades, access and influence have been as well. I still highly recommend for anyone that did not see this coming or believed he was incapable of doing such things, check out Michael Cohen's podcast, Mea Culpa. I do not think there is a person alive that knows him better and is open about it.