Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Remind me, who was running toward the towers in 2001;political activist or police?

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Remind me, who was running toward the towers in 2001;political activist or police?

Obama and Eric Holder turned this country against the police in their 8 years

Darryl

Rupp's Runt

Re: Remind me, who was running toward the towers in 2001;political activist or police

Guys, I cannot tell you how glad I am that I retired.

I have run toward the sounds of gunfire and explosions many times. I honestly don't recall ever "thinking about it". I just did it because I knew someone needed my help.

Yes, there are some bad apples in some law enforcement agencies, but by and large most law enforcement officers are good, honest, caring people that love their communities and care for all of the people that they serve.

And even many criminals know that LEO'S are good people, and hold no ill will towards them, because 1)most of them ADMIT they are criminals and commit crimes against others, and 2)they know they are the wolves and that the LEO's are the sheepdogs, so when they are captured by LEO's they know what time it is, and what may happen if they resist capture.

Re: Remind me, who was running toward the towers in 2001;political activist or police

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post

I have run toward the sounds of gunfire and explosions many times. I honestly don't recall ever "thinking about it". I just did it because I knew someone needed my help.

Yes, there are some bad apples in some law enforcement agencies, but by and large most law enforcement officers are good, honest, caring people that love their communities and care for all of the people that they serve.

And even many criminals know that LEO'S are good people, and hold no ill will towards them, because 1)most of them ADMIT they are criminals and commit crimes against others, and 2)they know they are the wolves and that the LEO's are the sheepdogs, so when they are captured by LEO's they know what time it is, and what may happen if they resist capture.
    The accuracy of the bolded segment can not be over emphasized. The actions of the few taint the actions of the many. The cry against the police is based on the actions of a few making assumptions about the actions of the few which is exactly what the protestors are and have been doing. They base their protests and violent acts on the actions of the minority because the minority of police officers base their action on the acts of the minority. Yet another irony of society
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The accuracy of the bolded segment can not be over emphasized. The actions of the few taint the actions of the many. The cry against the police is based on the actions of a few making assumptions about the actions of the few which is exactly what the protestors are and have been doing. They base their protests and violent acts on the actions of the minority because the minority of police officers base their action on the acts of the minority. Yet another irony of society
    Well said.
    ~Puma~

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Thank God for people like you. A history of my family:

My Grandfather was a Sheriff in Eastern Kentucky, rode a horse busting up stills
    My Dad, 2 brothers and Sister were Prison Guards and a Prison administrator
    Another brother was a game warden (very dangerous)
    My oldest brother was a Swat team member in Charlotte
    My cousin retired with the FBI
    Another cousin is a State Trouper in Ohio
    My best friend is retired Police Chief in Hazard

Needless to say, I hate all of those anti-police idiots

Darryl

Rupp's Runt

And now that it's finished for me, I hope there will be others who are willing to step forward to protect us and our nation.
    For the right reasons.
    For God. For Country. For Family.

And now that it's finished for me, I hope there will be others who are willing to step forward to protect us and our nation.
    For the right reasons.
    For God. For Country. For Family.
    There will. Thank you for your service. A lot of great law enforcement out there with all kinds of political views who will always do the right thing and put the country first.
    ~Puma~

Comeback Cat

Appreciate your service Suncat. My son is going to pull his KSP pin soon although he has risen well up the ranks. Mainly because of the politics of the governor

I hate the defund the police movement..but what happened this week at the capital unfortunately PROVED the BLM movement to be right

Rupp's Runt

Thank you to all of you!

My Grandfather was a Sheriff in Eastern Kentucky, rode a horse busting up stills
    Not sure I would be proud of that. Be proud of the sheriff part I understand, just not the still busting tactics. Those poor dirt farmers in the Appalachian mountains either had to turn their pitiful crop of corn into liquor or starve to death. I know that a few of them were just lazy criminals, but not the vast majority of them.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    I hate the defund the police movement..but what happened this week at the capital unfortunately PROVED the BLM movement to be right
    I'm not sure why we needed what happened at the Capitol this week to be what was needed to prove the BLM movement was right.

What is wrong about a movement that primary and fundamental focus is that black people's lives should be treated equally to everyone?

However, if it took the events at the Capitol to provide validity to the BLM movement, I think we will take that.

How can anyone support the BLM, do you bow down when you pass them?
    Why don’t you give me your number and the next time my wife has to call a parent of a student that never comes to class and cussed her out I will give you a call.
    This narrative is old and tiring.
    America was built on hard work and building respect from each individual but that is being lost from everyone who believe that they are entitled and should be handed everything.
    It comments like this that continue and will continue to fuel the BLM and NAACP because that’s how they achieve their money making.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    How can anyone support the BLM, do you bow down when you pass them?
    Why don’t you give me your number and the next time my wife has to call a parent of a student that never comes to class and cussed her out I will give you a call.
    This narrative is old and tiring.
    America was built on hard work and building respect from each individual but that is being lost from everyone who believe that they are entitled and should be handed everything.
    It comments like this that continue and will continue to fuel the BLM and NAACP because that’s how they achieve their money making.
    Very simple. Treat black people equally and practice empathy. I proudly do it everyday.

Why don't you give me YOUR number and I will call you every time my sister-in-law has some entitled rich kid yell and scream at her when he/she fails her test and the parents blame the teacher, because their precious child sure couldn't be wrong. She has had her house vandalized, car keyed, tires slashed and received threats from these students and the parents almost always take the children's side.
    Last edited by StuBleedsBlue2; 01-10-2021 at 04:48 PM.

BLM the true call of BLM does not even support black men.

Stu as always you are one of a kind.
    How many times do you visit these poor repressed neighborhoods and provide?

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Stu as always you are one of a kind.
    How many times do you visit these poor repressed neighborhoods and provide?
    I lived in downtown Chicago for 23 years. I shared districts with them. I paid my taxes. Shopped at their bodegas. Ate at their restaurants. I supported their candidates. I marched for their causes. I donated to their churches.

Is that enough?

I'm actually NOT one of a kind. There are TONS of people that are diverse like me.

Speaking of officers....I love that this guy is starting to get his due right now.

You may have seen the video of him when Trump supporters are coming up the stairs and he is trying to keep them back. This was the moment he had about 2 seconds to decide what to do next.

Attachment 9908

Just in front of him were a mass of rioters coming up the stairs.
    Down that hall, between those two chairs is the entrance to the Senate where the VP and Senators were still being evacuated.
    He looks down and instead goes to his right. It lured the insurgents that way and bought precious time to get all of the Senators (and VP) out.
    ~Puma~

Could not help but think of you when I read this story just a few moments ago. It is a sad and tragic news report.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.