Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: (merged) Did UK and coaches take a knee tonight while the anthem was being played

If it’s to show respect and they’re unified in doing it, I’m fine with it.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Re: (merged) Did UK and coaches take a knee tonight while the anthem was being played

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    They are unifying the fan base, for sure.

Darryl

And who are they respecting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post

They’ve learned to score a little and are now really offensive!

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    If the arena announcers would change the introduction it would change the whole movements statement.

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen, please stand for our national Anthem, and for those of you who wish to show disrespect for our service men and first responders please kneel or remain seated”.

Thank you, and God bless America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited to suit my thoughts
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

It's disrespectful. I may or may not continue to watch games but one thing for sure, I will not spend another dime on UK items or clothing. I will never purchase tickets either. Thanks Cal.
    Wise choice.

I asked a few weeks ago, “what can I do I’m not going to switch teams”. Well we are now testing that. I don’t think I will—I watched Buffalo Bills yesterday altho I really am quit with the NBA, so it is a tossup. But on the hells of a year of antifa blm terror riots and then the capitol riot, this was a move of division.

Do All of these protesting idiots actually think that this will unify America?

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post

Darryl
    Only if unifying America means that I get what I want, when I want it, and by getting it means that I feel superior to the person standing next to me.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Not good UK

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    We're doing a tremendous disservice to young people letting them do what they want instead of what they should do. And not explaining to them the real priorities in improving their lives
    Conservatives showed a great example this week didn’t they ?

Darryl
    And I hope when you mean idiots, you please include what happened this week at the capital. The peace can begin once we can call it From both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Blue View Post
    It's disrespectful. I may or may not continue to watch games but one thing for sure, I will not spend another dime on UK items or clothing. I will never purchase tickets either. Thanks Cal.
    Wise choice.
    Have you called destroying our nation’s capital disrespectful?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I asked a few weeks ago, “what can I do I’m not going to switch teams”. Well we are now testing that. I don’t think I will—I watched Buffalo Bills yesterday altho I really am quit with the NBA, so it is a tossup. But on the hells of a year of antifa blm terror riots and then the capitol riot, this was a move of division.
    are you still a Republican after what happened at the capital this week? I may piss a lot of people today, but it’s time to be real as conservatives. We are acting like two year olds at preschool when we say, well look at what they did during the summer.. it’s time to start listening to each other..

Comeback Cat

How condescending Anderwt. I am stlll a proud Republican. Using your standard I am sure you aren’t afflilated with the Dems anymore after how many cities burned this summer and numerous police were executed. The double standard of judgment is what divides this country the most. ALL VIOLENCE should be universally condemned. But it is labeled peaceful protest when BLM burn and loot but domestic terrorist when the idiots on the other side riot.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    How condescending Anderwt. I am stlll a proud Republican. Using your standard I am sure you aren’t afflilated with the Dems anymore after how many cities burned this summer and numerous police were executed. The double standard of judgment is what divides this country the most. ALL VIOLENCE should be universally condemned. But it is labeled peaceful protest when BLM burn and loot but domestic terrorist when the idiots on the other side riot.
    I’m appalled at what happened this summer and how the left wing nuts portrayed it. I don’t like the kneeling... We as conservatives blasted -all of this..then I have to ask how in the world as Republicans can we not condemn what happened this week and admit Trump caused this? I will never be left wing, but I sure as hell ain’t going down this rabbit hole with Trump any longer. It’s time for Republicans to stand up to his insanity

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    And if you chose to actually read any of my other post today. If the right Continues to follow the Trump way, we will be left with the crazy left AOC and cnn winning. I sure as hell don’t want that. I loved what trumps policies did for our country.. but he is not fit any longer and needs to be gone ASAP

Comeback Cat

I was responding to your “how can you still be a Republican” after last week. Trump screwed the pooch at the very end. He did a lot of good in four years and all wiped out in one week. A young White unarmed misguided Air Force veteran was shot and killed. If it was a Black in BLM riot DC would still be burning. That double standard galls me. But rest assured I abhor what happened last week. But our country has crossed the tipping point and God help the Republc but why should He since he was unwelcomed decades ago

My point about the are you still a Republican was in reference to the comments about not being uk fans because our basketball team kneeled during the anthem

Fortunately the Tcu ran long if espn had that live it would been ugly.... Idt most fans know

Kneeling with your hand over your heart during the National Anthem: Traitor
    Storming the Capitol with weapons to kidnap and execute elected officials to overturn an election: Patriot

Welcome to Trump world.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Storming the Capitol with weapons to kidnap and execute elected officials to overturn an election: Patriot

Welcome to Trump world.
    You generally try to be balanced. I will chalk this up to an over reaction. I have done it myself.

Darryl

Re: Not good UK

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    We're doing a tremendous disservice to young people letting them do what they want instead of what they should do. And not explaining to them the real priorities in improving their lives
    What they should do? What does that mean? Is there a law that says you must stand during the anthem? From what I can tell, and someone I am sure will correct me if I am wrong, it is a tradition started by white slave owning men. I can totally understand why a black person may want to find a different way to honor their country.

And "letting young people". Nobody is letting young people do anything. We are "letting them" be free. You, me or anyone else has no ownership over these young men.

So far, the only post supporting the action yesterday is by someone with multiple posts trashing older white people and is a hater of police.

Darryl
    This, coming from someone who frequently trashes black people and hates liberals.

Welcome to Trump world.
    I don't think this is an overreaction. I think this is an accurate statement.

You generally try to be balanced. I will chalk this up to an over reaction. I have done it myself.

Darryl
    No, as in I have heard and seen people say this exact thing and it baffles me.

I’m not an anthem kneeler myself. I don’t really understand what it accomplishes frankly. And I don’t think it brings attention to the causes they are trying to. I’m from a family of retired military. My mom is a Patton (yes, THAT Patton). It runs in my blood.

But, I also think these players are doing what they think is right. I empathize with how they feel. And even though this wasn’t Cal’s idea, I get why he didn’t try and stop them.
    If a report got out that the players wanted to kneel and Cal threatened playing time or something, we would never get another top recruit to this school.
    And I respect he and their right to do it. That is what the flag stands for.
    I don’t think they are traitors. And I’ve seen many call them that online and in comments to articles.

At the same time, I just witnessed the most horrific thing I’ve seen in America since 9/11. Something that could have easily been (and was intended to be) 100x worse.
    And they called themselves Patriots.
    They brought a Confederate flag into the Capitol. Something that not even the Civil War could accomplish. I imagine that sight was on the minds of those players while they knelt.

Again, I wouldn’t kneel. But they aren’t traitors. And the people who stormed the Capitol aren’t Patriots.
    And we live in a seriously upside down world when some are more upset at the kneeling than they are the storming.

No, as in I have heard and seen people say this exact thing and it baffles me.

I’m not an anthem kneeler myself. I don’t really understand what it accomplishes frankly. And I don’t think it brings attention to the causes they are trying to. I’m from a family of retired military. My mom is a Patton (yes, THAT Patton). It runs in my blood.

But, I also think these players are doing what they think is right. I empathize with how they feel. And even though this wasn’t Cal’s idea, I get why he didn’t try and stop them.
    If a report got out that the players wanted to kneel and Cal threatened playing time or something, we would never get another top recruit to this school.
    And I respect he and their right to do it. That is what the flag stands for.
    I don’t think they are traitors. And I’ve seen many call them that online and in comments to articles.

At the same time, I just witnessed the most horrific thing I’ve seen in America since 9/11. Something that could have easily been (and was intended to be) 100x worse.
    And they called themselves Patriots.
    They brought a Confederate flag into the Capitol. Something that not even the Civil War could accomplish. I imagine that sight was on the minds of those players while they knelt.

Again, I wouldn’t kneel. But they aren’t traitors. And the people who stormed the Capitol aren’t Patriots.
    And we live in a seriously upside down world when some are more upset at the kneeling than they are the storming.

Everything well said.

And just in case some of you missed this. The Capitol Police Officer that was killed was knocked out with a fire extinguisher and then beaten to death by the mob of Trump supporters.

Here is a picture of him on the ground knocked out...

Attachment 9904

At the very top of the picture, notice the bearded man staring down. He will likely be one of those charged with the cops murder. The reason is because he was beating with....you guessed it...an American flag

Attachment 9905

Here is the video of him doing it...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1348377945920790528

But ya....let's get pissed about players "disrespecting the flag" because they are kneeling with a hand over their heart.
    ~Puma~

For those without twitter, here is another video of it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg4DrvTJ-gQ

Just look for the bearded guy with the American flag. There is another guy in an American flag suit (illegal) who is beating him with a Trump 2020 flag. You can also see him in the pic above.
    ~Puma~

And I am sure you really believe that when your president in Harris that she will be respectful and listen to you.
    Be honest with yourself and not every riot be it this summer or at the capital should never be accepted.
    Why are there paid rioters? Can you answer that.
    Here in Louisville there were a ton of paid rioters causing the damage, that doesn’t sound like a group that has a cause or a care.
    Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    are you still a Republican after what happened at the capital this week? I may piss a lot of people today, but it’s time to be real as conservatives. We are acting like two year olds at preschool when we say, well look at what they did during the summer.. it’s time to start listening to each other..

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    And I am sure you really believe that when your president in Harris that she will be respectful and listen to you.
    Be honest with yourself and not every riot be it this summer or at the capital should never be accepted.
    Why are there paid rioters? Can you answer that.
    Here in Louisville there were a ton of paid rioters causing the damage, that doesn’t sound like a group that has a cause or a care.
    You two are on the same side. Ander is a conservative. Not a Dem. Not a liberal in sheep clothing. He's a conservative Republican. He can't stand Harris. He voted for Trump.
    He's simply saying enough is enough defending the guy. He did some good things (if you are a conservative). He did a lot of horrible things too (if you are a human).
    ~Puma~