Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

(merged) Did UK and coaches take a knee tonight while the anthem was being played?

I just saw a picture of them taking a knee at the Florida game.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-10-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Did the Ky team and coaches take a knee tonight while the anthem was being played

Yes

Re: Did the Ky team and coaches take a knee tonight while the anthem was being played

Wow! This is pathetic if true!

I've just lost all respect for the whole bunch. I may never watch another game if my mind don't change!

https://twitter.com/kentuckymbb/stat...311105536?s=21

Here’s a full picture.

Proud of the whole program tonight. They are truly brothers and played for each other and to win!

After all that has went on lately, I have been pulling away from social media etc, but I thought I can still enjoy watching the cats. I guess I can lump it all together and forget it now!

This world has truly gone mad. God bless us Jesus. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.......Amen!

Peace be with us all!

Peace and prayers!

Richard (CW)

The world has gone mad because brothers wanted to show their love, pride and respect in the way they feel is relevant, something different than being told how they should do so?

(This is a rhetorical question that is not directed at anyone, but open for debate; I’m just borrowing recent words)

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    The world has gone mad because brothers wanted to show their love, pride and respect in the way they feel is relevant, something different than being told how they should do so?

(This is a rhetorical question that is not directed at anyone, but open for debate; I’m just borrowing recent words)
    Peace be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    Peace be with you!
    Thank you!

Peace and well being to you as well. (My version of thoughts and prayers &#128526

Comeback Cat

Cal and the brothers just lost a whole lot of “my brothers “ who served our country
    Last edited by LakeCat; 01-09-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Comeback Cat

Btw just came back from a WKU and both teams stood for the Anthem. Don’t want to stand keep your butt in the locker room

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    This world has truly gone mad. God bless us Jesus. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.......Amen!

Peace be with us all!

Peace and prayers!

Richard (CW)
    Awomen too
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Not good UK

I just saw picture of UK players and coaches kneeling during National Anthem... Only for God don’t like it...

Re: Not good UK

I am one of those who "does not care". I don't mean the post or thread....I mean I don't give a rats ass anymore about who caves to what pressures. I place no value in the thoughts or beliefs of somebody who is good at sports, or an actor, or host a tv show, etc...... Kneel if you want but I am free to be disrespectful to BLM or the NAACP or any other racist group
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Not good UK

I just wish we would do something different. Not following along.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

They can anytime but not during our National Anthem , too many great men n women and have died for us

Rupp's Runt

What would be different? I don't know, but some quick thoughts. Stand in circle and hold hands, to show the team is united? Maybe stand with the other team, to show that your opponent can be your friend?

The kneeling isn't helping anything at this point IMO. Be the team to do something new. Something to unify.

We're doing a tremendous disservice to young people letting them do what they want instead of what they should do. And not explaining to them the real priorities in improving their lives

Comeback Cat

Cal wants us to care about the team yet they choose to use their status as UK players to offend the overwhelming majority of fans who oppose kneeling during the Anthem. If they do that in Rupp hope they get booed off the Court.

How you feel say your from Paris Ky and your son died in Iraq?

Moving this to the political forum.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    Cal wants us to care about the team yet they choose to use their status as UK players to offend the overwhelming majority of fans who oppose kneeling during the Anthem. If they do that in Rupp hope they get booed off the Court.
    I would boo, and be damn proud to

Re: (merged) Did UK and coaches take a knee tonight while the anthem was being played

Totally agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    We're doing a tremendous disservice to young people letting them do what they want instead of what they should do. And not explaining to them the real priorities in improving their lives

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Re: (merged) Did UK and coaches take a knee tonight while the anthem was being played

So far, the only post supporting the action yesterday is by someone with multiple posts trashing older white people and is a hater of police.

Cal has been on the verge of losing the fan base for years. He seems to love the idea of standing apart from us.

Poor timing for this to happen IMO

Darryl

My feelings exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I am one of those who "does not care". I don't mean the post or thread....I mean I don't give a rats ass anymore about who caves to what pressures. I place no value in the thoughts or beliefs of somebody who is good at sports, or an actor, or host a tv show, etc...... Kneel if you want but I am free to be disrespectful to BLM or the NAACP or any other racist group

One and Done

Just because you have the right to do something doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do

(merged) Did UK and coaches take a knee tonight while the anthem was being played?

If the arena announcers would change the introduction it would change the whole movements statement.

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen, please stand for our national Anthem, and for those of you who wish to show respect for our service men and first responders please kneel or remain seated”.

Thank you, and God bless America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 01-10-2021 at 11:14 AM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

One and Done

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    So far, the only post supporting the action yesterday is by someone with multiple posts trashing older white people and is a hater of police.

Cal has been on the verge of losing the fan base for years. He seems to love the idea of standing apart from us.

Poor timing for this to happen IMO

Darryl
    Completely aside from this issue, it’s been clear to me from the beginning that Cal views himself as superior to the average Kentuckian. The “you people are crazy” mantra of his has always had the subtext of his disdain for overwhelming majority of UK fans. I don’t harbor any ill will towards Cal, but I don’t have any illusions about his feelings towards us.