Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: The last Trebek show is Friday the 8th

The last Trebek show is Friday the 8th

Re: The last Trebek show is Friday the 8th

Going to be just outside Chicago tomorrow night so I hope I remember to watch it.

Have made it a point to watch his last shows.

The last Trebek show is Friday the 8th

Thanks for letting me know. I'll make an effort to watch it tomorrow. I already have a heavy heart.

He was an icon that's certain. When I was younger, well I thought he was so boring. When I got older and he was still around I became interested in the cerebral kindness he displayed hosting the show, and i began to watch and learn from it.

And now, many years later I realize that for most of my life, at the birth of my children,
    and the birth of their children
    As well as the passing of many family members including my Dad, this man and the show was always there.

Not because he was wild and imaginative,
    or controversial.
    Not because he was rich or the child of someone famous.
    No golden balls were ever seen falling down from a platform high in the air
    nor none of the hoopla involved in other such presentations.

But because he was simply genuine, kind, and excellent at his job.
    I must say, that show would not have lasted this long without him. Even the word jeopardy gained fame and stature linguistically speaking because of him.

And I'll always remember him, and in a category all by himself.
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-07-2021 at 10:51 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Modest and self effacing, not secretive, nothing so vain. just straight up and matter of fact, even when dying. Not sure I won't shed a tear tomorrow night. He'd think I was silly or mawkish to do so. Maybe he meant more than the time I've spent watching Jeopardy, which is not much really, that seems hard to understand, but perhaps his permanent skill playing his part was one more little bit a stability we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Modest and self effacing, not secretive, nothing so vain. just straight up and matter of fact, even when dying. Not sure I won't shed a tear tomorrow night. He'd think I was silly or mawkish to do so. Maybe he meant more than the time I've spent watching Jeopardy, which is not much really, that seems hard to understand, but perhaps his permanent skill playing his part was one more little bit a stability we lose.
    Well put. A stable persona is a description he would love I think.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain