Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A young woman was killed in the Capitol today

Re: A young woman was killed in the Capitol today

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    So we are all on agreement that yesterday was an armed insurrection and an attack on our government? The disagreements here are not genuine I suspicion. But that can be easily remedied.
    I think it's clear who is in agreement.

I'm not so sure about the rest.

As I pointed out, the silence among the crew that was the most outspoken about social justice issues, BLM, and the rest, I suspect do not agree. I won't put any words into their mouths, but void of such a declaration of agreement, we are free to assume.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Any defense of what happened yesterday is a losing proposition. It was an anti American action that requires the condemnation of Americans. And the nations leaders and its huge majority agree.
    any defense of what happened in Minneapolis, Kenosha, Portland, et al is a losing proposition. It is anti american and requires the condemnation of all americans. The failure of the incoming President and Vice President to condemn, perhaps that they engaged in outright encouragement even, has sowed the seeds of yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    any defense of what happened in Minneapolis, Kenosha, Portland, et al is a losing proposition. It is anti american and requires the condemnation of all americans. The failure of the incoming President and Vice President to condemn, perhaps that they engaged in outright encouragement even, has sowed the seeds of yesterday.
    Just because you repeat it over and over again doesn't make it accurate.

The incoming President and VP condemned over and over again the violence that happened in these cities.

What you are doing is trying to rationalize a terroristic insurgence and attack on our nation and Democracy. That is appalling and disturbing to me.

The women that died did so as an enemy of state. Her family with have to live with those choices. We need to have an honest discussion on how she (and so many others) became so radicalized. There is absolutely no difference between them and Muslim extremists.

And to be exact, 4 people died in yesterday's raid/coup attempt. 1 was shot, the other 3 from a myriad of causes.
    ~Puma~

Yeah my first post got hung up on my phone and didnt appear to post the first time but you go ahead with your personal attack. Maybe add what your co- ideologist UKHistory said. Situation ethics isn’t ethics it’s ideology. He felt fine tell me “fuck you”. All I need to know about him and anything he has to say.

So I’ll say it again altho we know you didnt and wont, I opposed and oppose all the violent riots of the past year. I don’t think looters should be shot but they should not be “catch and released” either.

And no, there was no violent overthrow the way there was in Seattle, or else the capitol would be today a “free zone” free of government the way Seattle was. That was a violent overthrow of a government. It didn’t happen and as the left frequently points out no coup of a few guys with guns will stand up to tanks and planes.

It didn’t happen and as the left frequently points out no coup of a few guys with guns will stand up to tanks and planes.
    I know you weren't responding to me but there is one HUGE caveat to this point above (and btw, I hate posting on my phone).

When the sitting President is the one inciting the coup attempt, it becomes much more scary as he is the Commander in Chief and actually controls the tanks and planes.

This was/is the danger. It was thwarted. It will not happen. But, it certainly put chills into most Americans to watch what happened and think what "could be" or what "could have been".

Probably a bad idea to elect a Reality TV host who before he was ever elected in 2016 and before the election in 2020 told us he would never lose unless it was "rigged and stolen" and that his followers wouldn't leave him if he shot someone in broad daylight on 5th avenue. Maybe let's pass on that guy next time.
    ~Puma~

This might be posted better in the "Law and Order" thread but since the discussion has gone here. A Retired Colonel on Parler is calling for "Patriots" to bring weapons to Washington DC for a war on January 19th:

Attachment 9872
    ~Puma~

"We will come in numbers that no standing army or police agency can match".
    ~Puma~

So attacks on federal buildings should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The national guard should be called in when federal buildings are attacked. No matter where the federal building is, DC, or, for example, Oregon.

So attacks on federal buildings should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The national guard should be called in when federal buildings are attacked. No matter where the federal building is, DC, or, for example, Oregon.
    Uh, ya. Ha. You must have missed my many posts on this when it happened. I thought the "Sanctuary City" was crazy town that they let that happen.
    How should they have handled it? I don't know. But I am not law enforcement. I have strong opinions about many things...but am willing to admit when I just don't know.
    But again, that's a distraction to the coup attempt and current call for war happening right now and being incited by the President of the United States.
    ~Puma~

The guy with the buffalo headdress and the dude on Pelosi’s chair pointing at his crotch, those are the perpetrators of the serious violent coup everyone is referring to?

Only once they saw they were tanking in the polls. And After they provided resources for the people arrested.

Those riots were unlawful and violent...and they started on the date of the innaguration in DC in 2016.

I am not sure about 200 people (out of how many that were in DC. (that is the apprx number) that went into the Capital counts as a terrorist insurgence. But that is a definitional differnce. What I do know is from friends in DC that were at the march, they were unaware of the issue until they saw it on social media or received calls from friends. So if all hundreds of thousand had committed the crime, I would agree with ou on the insurrection. But I think if that was th eplan they would have been armed because all I know have firearms.

BTW, not heard one complaint about an unarmed female civilian being shot. I am waiting to hear and understand what type of threat she posed and hopeful for video. But, bottom line, she should not have been there and paid the consequencs.

Stu, I do not want to make whatever mistake I made yesterdy again. I am not arguing with you in a violent manner or saying that in any way. I simply disagree with your positons. Still would love to have a beer with you and talk sports.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Just because you repeat it over and over again doesn't make it accurate.

The incoming President and VP condemned over and over again the violence that happened in these cities.

What you are doing is trying to rationalize a terroristic insurgence and attack on our nation and Democracy. That is appalling and disturbing to me.

The women that died did so as an enemy of state. Her family with have to live with those choices. We need to have an honest discussion on how she (and so many others) became so radicalized. There is absolutely no difference between them and Muslim extremists.

Yeah my first post got hung up on my phone and didnt appear to post the first time but you go ahead with your personal attack. Maybe add what your co- ideologist UKHistory said. Situation ethics isn’t ethics it’s ideology. He felt fine tell me “**** you”. All I need to know about him and anything he has to say.

So I’ll say it again altho we know you didnt and wont, I opposed and oppose all the violent riots of the past year. I don’t think looters should be shot but they should not be “catch and released” either.

And no, there was no violent overthrow the way there was in Seattle, or else the capitol would be today a “free zone” free of government the way Seattle was. That was a violent overthrow of a government. It didn’t happen and as the left frequently points out no coup of a few guys with guns will stand up to tanks and planes.
    Welcome to the club. At least you are not a traitor...

Grew up in Chesterfield county. So I am in that Virginia Cat club. Lots ofTimes-Dispatches with Kentucky articles.

I have mourned the woman killed, and nothing she or anyone did warranted being flock shot. The callous dismissal of her death is extraordinary, (everywhere, it isn‘t pointed here.)

I spent almost 30 years in politics and this past year has been the worst. Waters and Harris urging the rioters on. The media and social media’s campaign against republicans. The Richard Jewell line, “US Government and the media the two most powerful entities on earth” have burnt out my taste for public service.

But even with all that I would not submit to my baser nature on this board or anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Welcome to the club. At least you are not a traitor...
    We definitely aren’t traitors. I got family in Leesburg VA. Aunt/Uncle and 91 year old grandmother who I adore lives there.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post

BTW, not heard one complaint about an unarmed female civilian being shot. I am waiting to hear and understand what type of threat she posed and hopeful for video. But, bottom line, she should not have been there and paid the consequencs.
    There is video but I am not going to post it. A guy with her yells, "Down, they have guns". And she jumps through the broken window.

This is in response to your post and Bigsky's about the people posing in the offices.

Yes, after the fact, they can look back and go....."Whew, that could have been much worse". They can think, "many of them just took selfies, etc.". But, even if that is what many did....it changes nothing as to what it all was (and even those two things are Federal crimes).
    But this was a violent attack on the Capitol while the VP and entire Congress were inside.

I have posted many videos from yesterday in another thread. But stop focusing on some "cute" pictures and watch some of those videos.
    This was VIOLENT and frightening.
    Rioters had guns, bats, pepper spray, pipe bombs, etc. Many were not armed. But it doesn't matter.

Here is the video of how it started....you can see it escalate quickly:

https://twitter.com/PhilipinDC/statu...685800961?s=20

And the next line of defense:

https://twitter.com/Julio_Rosas11/st...603033602?s=20

More...

https://twitter.com/SunsaraTaylor/st...652601858?s=20

Once they got past those lines, it was breaking the windows to get in....

https://twitter.com/RealDonaldHumor/...528797703?s=20

https://twitter.com/MrOlmos/status/1...971557890?s=20

And then of course broke into the chambers themselves:

Attachment 9873

Attachment 9874
    ~Puma~

The guy with the buffalo headdress and the dude on Pelosi’s chair pointing at his crotch, those are the perpetrators of the serious violent coup everyone is referring to?
    Amongst many others, yes. This should not be downplayed in any way whatsoever. Watch the videos and see how violent and out of control it was. As I said earlier, its astonishing only 4 people died.
    ~Puma~

A Capitol Police Officer has just died from the attack yesterday.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Amongst many others, yes. This should not be downplayed in any way whatsoever. Watch the videos and see how violent and out of control it was. As I said earlier, its astonishing only 4 people died.
    Make that 5.

A Capitol Hill policeman has now died.

Besides these people being terrorists and traitors, they are now cop killers too.

One Trump supporter arrested yesterday had 11 Molotov cocktail bombs on him:

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/s...884363266?s=20
    ~Puma~

I have mourned the woman killed, and nothing she or anyone did warranted being flock shot. The callous dismissal of her death is extraordinary, (everywhere, it isn‘t pointed here.)
    Mourning an insurgent against Democracy is completely mind boggling to me. She was a radicalized enemy of the state and was fully aware of her unlawful actions and the potential results of her decisions.

What is worth mourning is how millions and millions of people have been lied to, brainwashed and now only live in a radical world of conspiracy theories. These people are lost and that is extremely sad. It's time to heal as a nation and do what we can to rehabilitate.

I mourn her loss the same as I would the death of American Taliban, American Al Qaeda or any other enemy of state.

do you have a link on the dead capitol policeman? also, a person was found with 11 molotov cocktails, did not find any report of his political affiliations, but I'm ready to read your link to that as well.

CNN reporting a capitol policeman has died following events yesterday. Not sure what that means yet.

do you have a link on the dead capitol policeman? also, a person was found with 11 molotov cocktails, did not find any report of his political affiliations, but I'm ready to read your link to that as well.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=uxbndlbing

"Details surrounding the officer's death, including his or her name, were not immediately available.

More than 50 officers were injured and 15 hospitalized in the standoff against supporters of President Trump, who breached the Capitol building in an attempt to stop Congress from certifying President-elect Joe Biden's election"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-capitol-hill

https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservativ...eb2x&context=3

Likely with QAnon like the horned gentleman. I would doubt the proud dudes or what have you would get by with even getting it on the grounds as close as they were being watched.
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-07-2021 at 06:54 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Didnt find any answers there but maybe my reading comprehension is poor.

Horned shirtless guy a Trump supporter

https://fox8-com.cdn.ampproject.org/...-identified%2F

Just gonna be honest but I’m not really gonna debate about five people who died.
    I feel for all of them and their families.

I’ve read articles on police finding the Molotov cocktails, several other pipe bombs, a truck with guns and ammunition and pipe bomb materials in it. I’ve seen the posts and videos for weeks now of the Proud Boys and other Trump supporters saying they were showing up on the 6th for war. This was all predictable.
    I’ve seen and watched countless videos of the entire thing. I watched as Trumps supporters screamed and ranted and tweeted and did Facebook live and Instagram videos while breaking in. I saw them with bats and spraying pepper spray at cops and fighting with railing and poles and knives. I watched the video of the young woman get shot as they tried breaking through the Capitol doors. And I saw a police officer (not sure if it’s the dead one) get trampled by a railing and then hundreds
    of people as they rushed through. I saw all of it with my own eyes. And it’s all there for anyone else to see who wants to.

I also watched the President for months add fuel to the fire and incite them. And I watched the speeches that day inciting them to “fight” and go to “combat”.

I don’t need to keep posting link after link with pictures and videos and articles. It’s obvious what happened. It’s obvious why it happened. And it’s obvious who could have prevented it from happening. To me and most other Americans including many of Trumps party who have said so publicly.

It was an awful day for our country. For those in the building. For democracy. And for those who died as a result.

Didnt find any answers there but maybe my reading comprehension is poor.
    I thought you wanted a link about the officer dying. Thats all the information they have given to date as far as I know.

The other link was just about who I figured would be most likely to get something like that on the grounds. It wouldn't be someone who said Hey, Im going to leave this here rally and take those old cocktails in the trunk over to the capitol". Nor a proud boy or the like who were certainly being watched all week long.

The other, well documented crazies who like to bring big boy toys to pizza parlors and the like are the QAnon whacks who think an alien from the future is guiding them. They have been planning on participating in this kind of stuff for the last four years. The most likely culprits imo.

Yeah, the horned shirtless guy is like a QAnon celebrity. The “QAnon Shaman,”
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-07-2021 at 08:00 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/benjam...e-capitol-riot. This is a good link to information about the four other deaths.
    Last edited by bigsky; 01-07-2021 at 08:05 PM.

Here's a quote about the guys arrest with the cocktails..I guess my QAnon theory is shot. It seems the man has no online presence.

A 70-year old Alabama man was arrested yesterday near the U.S. Capitol as rioting broke out amid the certification of Joe Biden’s presidential win.

Capitol police on Thursday released the names of 14 people charged with a variety of crimes in relation to the chaos in Washington on Wednesday.

They identified the Alabama man as Lonnie Zoffman of Falkville.

However, officials at the D.C. Central Lockup said Lonnie Coffman is being held there. He is 70. The lockup did not provide an address for Coffman.

Coffman is charged with carrying a pistol without a license, which is a felony crime in D.C., as well as unregistered firearm and unregistered ammunition. Additional details surrounding his arrest have not been released.

Coffman lists an address in Eva which is in Morgan County, and formerly lived in Cullman County.

Coffman’s ex-wife said he is a big Trump supporter, but said she was not aware of his arrest and declined to comment further about him.

Efforts to reach some of Coffman’s children for comment weren’t immediately successful.

Coffman has no prior arrests in Alabama and does not appear to have any social media presence. Law enforcement officials in Cullman County and Morgan County said they have had no known dealings with him.

The arrest was first reported by The New York Times which said the man, arrested by federal authorities, was in possession of a firearm and materials to make several Molotov cocktails.

Rioters swarmed the Capitol yesterday causing evacuations and lockdowns as protesters made their way through the building.

https://www.al.com/news/2021/01/70-y...-material.html
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-07-2021 at 08:25 PM.