Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: A young woman was killed in the Capitol today

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    Really wish this sight had a block user feature.
    I would hope that is not aimed at me Trucker. I am certain if taken correctly you would agree with everything in my post. I was only addressing the criminal groups involved and what they have brought on themselves such as the Proud Boys, QAnon and any hate groups.
    We all stand united against attacks like that, and support the right to peacefully protest.

Those others have brought the wrath of the American people down on them. Not the republican party.
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-09-2021 at 02:53 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    https://projects.propublica.org/prot...U50B3emZY7Ai4M

Since there’s lots of talk in this thread about violence in our cities this year I thought I would post this link even though it’s unrelated to Wednesday’s happenings. Peaceful protest is a guaranteed right under the First Amendment. Hopefully most of you will find these clips disturbing; if you don’t it might be time to think about how much of that Constitution thing you actually agree with.
    That's really tough to watch. It brings back awful memories of the times that I was victimized by police and other people that I know who were too.

A lesson learned of this week is that when there is so much anger, respect for anyone goes out the door. People for cops, cops for people. This week showed that even the people that are supposed to be law enforcement, when angered enough, have no problem in killing one of them.

Our nation has to collectively look at what the root causes of all of this anger is. If we can't, we can't heal. We can't solve problems. We won't survive as a nation.

There is too much dismissiveness as to what happened this week and what to call it. Even if you put it aside, it's completely naive to assume that it can't happen again and actually work, no matter who is doing it.

Maybe that is the fate of our nation. I like to think that we are better than that; that we have evolved. I still have confidence that we can get past these times, but it just may be one other thing that I am wrong about.

Impeachment proceedings are set to begin Monday. Trump took some embers, kicked them around a little then threw gas on them and stood back and fanned the flames.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Impeachment proceedings are set to begin Monday. Trump took some embers, kicked them around a little then threw gas on them and stood back and fanned the flames.
    Saw an interesting take that Impeachment is absolutely necessary to show the world that this is abnormal and must be punishable to show the world that we are indeed a nation of law and order no matter who the person is. We must do so to restore their confidence and trust that we are indeed law abiding.

An excellent point that I agree with and I think it could be a driving force behind some Republican decisions to not look the other way this time.

If nothing else he’s guilty of stochastic terrorism and is an existential threat to the U.S. If that’s not worthy of removal from office what is?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I would hope that is not aimed at me Trucker. I am certain if taken correctly you would agree with everything in my post. I was only addressing the criminal groups involved and what they have brought on themselves such as the Proud Boys, QAnon and any hate groups.
    We all stand united against attacks like that, and support the right to peacefully protest.

Those others have brought the wrath of the American people down on them. Not the republican party.
    Not aimed at you at all my friend. Our positions may be different but are conveyed with respect and not a condescending tone. You are cool in my book. Plus your tips have helped me with bar chords!

This video is brutal.

A police officer is getting crushed by the Trump supporters as they yell, "Heave Ho" to smash their way in the door followed by them spraying pepper spray at the cops etc.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/08/video-...ign=SocialFlow
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    Not aimed at you at all my friend. Our positions may be different but are conveyed with respect and not a condescending tone. You are cool in my book. Plus your tips have helped me with bar chords!
    Haha I wish there was an easy answer for arthritis. That's becoming a problem for me too

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain