Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Trumps DC speech Cane Mutiny or Pure Lunacy

Watching in horror as Trump spouts lies to a crowd. He is unhinged.

Blamin Barr, his nominees to the court, weak Republicans. Referencing Oprah, Romney, Brian Kemp being small.

Sad and scary. What will Pence do?

Re: Trumps DC speech Cane Mutiny or Pure Lunacy

It’s definitely time to turn the chapter.

But from a Republican standpoint Harris and the extremists like the squad can do as much damage if given the chance.
    Last edited by catmanjack; 01-06-2021 at 11:54 AM.

I had thought he was placing himself for another run in 4 years. Ummmm......not a chance of that now.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Watching in horror as Trump spouts lies to a crowd. He is unhinged.

Blamin Barr, his nominees to the court, weak Republicans. Referencing Oprah, Romney, Brian Kemp being small.

Sad and scary. What will Pence do?
    He will do his job and certify. I can nearly guarantee it. And Trump will crush him for it. There will be a longer drawn out certification today, but it will happen (today or tomorrow). And Biden will be inaugurated on the 20th.

The next couple of years will be Republicans trying to get the Trump stink off of them. Pence literally was subservient until the final weeks of their administration and will now be slaughtered for being disloyal.
    Mitch will do the same.
    They will all try and take their party back and it will be very difficult to regroup. Over time, Trump will lose a lot of his influence (he will always have some) and things will get back to some sense of normalcy for the party.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    But from a Republican d see standpoint Harris and the extremists like the squad can do as much damage if given the chance.
    As a Dem, let me help you feel a bit better.

Harris ran for President and didn't win. Neither did Bernie. Neither did AOC. Biden did. He won the Dem primary because he is a moderate and they believed he could win the White House.
    ~Puma~

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

But from a Republican standpoint Harris and the extremists like the squad can do as much damage if given the chance.
    Extremists left or right are bad. AOC and the squad have some extreme and in my view misguided views. The insults and threats (photoshopped scenes of rape) telling the one to go back to her country (she is an American now) is Un-American and counter productive.

The squad's ideas will fall flat if you argue their points. The one woman from Minnesota made several anti-semitic comments in the past year or so. Those comments are damning. let her positions and policies destroy her without being personal.

Left wing extremism is as dangerous as right wing.

For now, Trump as president was and is the single greatest threat to our democracy. A set of junior Congressional representatives do not wield anywhere near the threat that a president who misunderstands the confines of Article 2 and believes himself to be above the law.

That is the danger that must be expunged. As the will of the American people is being challenged illegally by the sitting president, he is the danger to address first and foremost.

Herman Wouk’s Book and the movie was the Caine Mutiny. It’s pretty ambiguous and his lawyer tells off the mutineer defendant in the end. Maybe that is not a bad analogy.

Keep an eye on Ted Cruz in the future. He clearly thinks his best position politically is to ride Trump's coattails. On the other side, you have Tom Cotton who has been very loyal to Trump NOT do that.

Imo, Cotton will be on the right side of this both historically and politically but we shall see.

I don't think Cruz had much of a shot to become President anyways...but I think his chances are done now.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Herman Wouk’s Book and the movie was the Caine Mutiny. It’s pretty ambiguous and his lawyer tells off the mutineer defendant in the end. Maybe that is not a bad analogy.
    So is Pence Maryk and Trump Queeg?
    ~Puma~

Unforgettable

The scenes at the Capitol are more than a little alarming. I have walked those stairs. I have spoken in that great building and to see the hooligans assaulting our Capitol is a disgrace.

Trump is literally trying to destroy the country and this is an actual freaking coup being attempted.

He is a bully dictator and no one understands how to deal with this maniac.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    They will all try and take their party back and it will be very difficult to regroup. Over time, Trump will lose a lot of his influence (he will always have some) and things will get back to some sense of normalcy for the party.
    They will lose. This is Trumps party now. The traditional GOP'er is a dinosaur and history. did you see the confrontation with Romney in the Utah airport? He will be primaried. As will all the others. Mitch is lucky he just got elected to another term. he will not have another.

The scenes at the Capitol are more than a little alarming. I have walked those stairs. I have spoken in that great building and to see the hooligans assaulting our Capitol is a disgrace.

Trump is literally trying to destroy the country and this is an actual freaking coup being attempted.

Gee, did not hear you worrying about hooligans this past summer...hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    They will lose. This is Trumps party now. The traditional GOP'er is a dinosaur and history. did you see the confrontation with Romney in the Utah airport? He will be primaried. As will all the others. Mitch is lucky he just got elected to another term. he will not have another.
    We shall see. I think Mitt wins again.
    ~Puma~

Gee, did not hear you worrying about hooligans this past summer...hmmmm....
    Then you weren't reading. He and I both posted many times about it being awful and illegal (amongst many others on here).
    ~Puma~

Btw, if you are right and the "not loyal to Trump until the end" GOP'ers get primaried....Republicans will lose the Senate for the near future going forward. Those candidates cannot win in any states besides bold red.
    ~Puma~

Ha. Ya. I will make a $20 bet with you right now Mitt wins his seat again.

Of course there are crazy Trump supporters everywhere. He was on a plane in Coach traveling to DC on the day of a Trump rally and protest.
    ~Puma~

Btw, if you are right and the "not loyal to Trump until the end" GOP'ers get primaried....Republicans will lose the Senate for the near future going forward. Those candidates cannot win in any states besides bold red.
    No they won't. The States populace and local and state races are much more conservative than the national races. More GOP were elected to state houses than every before. Many states are pushing to the edges. The Blues are getting Bluer and the Reds are getting redder. VA is the exception I think but in all truth, 3 counties in VA carry the vote and they are really east coast populace, not traditional VA.

No they won't. The States populace and local and state races are much more conservative than the national races. More GOP were elected to state houses than every before. Many states are pushing to the edges. The Blues are getting Bluer and the Reds are getting redder. VA is the exception I think but in all truth, 3 counties in VA carry the vote and they are really east coast populace, not traditional VA.
    I agree on red and blue states. I am saying the purple states.
    ~Puma~

I agree on red and blue states. I am saying the purple states.
    Even in NC and other similar states, they got less purple and more red in November.

Even in NC and other similar states, they got less purple and more red in November.
    Much time to debate this after January 20th. For now, I am just going to focus on the attempted coup as Trump supporters have violently stormed the Capitol.
    ~Puma~

I don’t disagree but let’s not forget the hooligans that destroyed cities this past summer that were fully supported by well Democrats.
    Once the BLM and Antifa were allowed freedom that opened up this can right here.

Unforgettable

I don’t disagree but let’s not forget the hooligans that destroyed cities this past summer that were fully supported by well Democrats.
    Once the BLM and Antifa were allowed freedom that opened up this can right here.
    In those protests people were arrested and shot. Those were supposed to be the bad people. I don't wish to equate behavior.

But this is a attempt to overthrow the government of the United States. To try and equate these acts of violence is apples and oranges.

I am sick.

In those protests people were arrested and shot. Those were supposed to be the bad people. I don't wish to equate behavior.

But this is a attempt to overthrow the government of the United States. To try and equate these acts of violence is apples and oranges.

I am sick.
    Hearing gunshots in capital so some of them may have been shot.

And it is not apples and oranges. It is like..

But again, this is something we will not agree on.

I agree with VirginiaCat. I don’t approve of violent riots. Period. Any other stance is just “Rules for Radicals” situation ethics.