Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Dems win the Senate

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Not as confident the coup will fail. Hopeful. But not confident. The nation has rejected Trump. We must hold firm.
    I really am. Pence is against it. Mitch is against it. These Senators and Reps will do their objections. Speeches will be made. It will take longer. But it won't matter.
    Its ultimately a civil war in the Republican Party as they all try to position themselves moving forward.
    Imo, those on the "coup" side will never have a National life after this. They might be able to win their local stuff...but their national ambitions are done.
    ~Puma~

Pence just released a statement saying he will do his job.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    I really am. Pence is against it. Mitch is against it. These Senators and Reps will do their objections. Speeches will be made. It will take longer. But it won't matter.
    Its ultimately a civil war in the Republican Party as they all try to position themselves moving forward.
    Imo, those on the "coup" side will never have a National life after this. They might be able to win their local stuff...but their national ambitions are done.

I should add....just because this won't work doesn't make it any less appalling. If they controlled both houses they would absolutely try and I would be much more nervous.
    ~Puma~

I am certain the presidential election was stolen. By fair and foul means. I no longer trust many of the states in the union to run a legit election.

Montanans have a constitutional right to bear arms in defense of self and home. That is where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I am certain the presidential election was stolen. By fair and foul means. I no longer trust many of the states in the union to run a legit election.

Montanans have a constitutional right to bear arms in defense of self and home. That is where I am.
    I think it has been proven over and over to be an extremist view fueled by right wing extremist propaganda and in direct opposition to the constitution. I view it as a direct attack on the United States of America , and am 100% convinced the majority of Americans agree including nearly half of the Republican Party.

And really hate that we are so far apart. But I want the next Congress with the support of the legitimate President to investigate and convict those who have betrayed the trust of the American people and its history to the full extent of the law.
    It must be proven to those like you who are so invested in the Trump administration, that the deceipt was widespread and criminal. I think it will be and his supporters will be shocked...and repentant.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

As a recap:

- Trump's attorney's refused to claim fraud in multiple cases under oath.
    - Trump's appointed DOJ found no fraud
    - Republican officials in multiple states (in question) found no fraud
    - Over 50 lawsuits were thrown out
    - Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency called it the "most secure election in US history"
    - Hand recounts in multiple states found no fraud
    - Mitch McConnell just dismissed the claims as well
    ~Puma~

From the White House Communications Director and deputy press Secretary Alyssa Farah:

Dear MAGA- I am one of you. Before I worked for
    @realDonaldTrump
    , I worked for
    @MarkMeadows
    &
    @Jim_Jordan
    & the
    @freedomcaucus
    . I marched in the 2010 Tea Party rallies. I campaigned w/ Trump & voted for him.

But I need you to hear me: the Election was NOT stolen. We lost. There were cases of fraud that should be investigated. But the legitimate margins of victory for Biden are far too wide to change the outcome. You need to know that.

I’m proud of many policy accomplishments the Trump Admin had. But we must accept these results.
    It’s time to regroup, organize, & campaign for political leaders we believe in, and let our democracy work. It is NOT and NEVER will be a time for violence.

If you believe in America first, you believe in our Constitution, the rule of law, & our first principles.
    ~Puma~

I’ve worked the polls and canvassed votes as an elected official. There are so many obvious irregularities that stand in stark contrast to my experience that the question of fair national elections is open. I do think Montana elections were mostly fair, although I have watched dems violate the no campaigning in polling places and no inducements for voting mostly at will. Incrmental cheating. I’ve suffered them lying about me, George Soros campaigning against me (in a small town election !). Getting videod wherever I go.

In person voting with a photo ID. Cameras over the counters. Hold media and social media accountable. Those are a start.

I’ve worked the polls and canvassed votes as an elected official. There are so many obvious irregularities that stand in stark contrast to my experience that the question of fair national elections is open. I do think Montana elections were mostly fair, although I have watched dems violate the no campaigning in polling places and no inducements for voting mostly at will. Incrmental cheating. I’ve suffered them lying about me, George Soros campaigning against me (in a small town election !). Getting videod wherever I go.

In person voting with a photo ID. Cameras over the counters. Hold media and social media accountable. Those are a start.
    I think we should start protecting our election integrity by removing a sitting President who incited an attempted coup.
    ~Puma~

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Keep hope alive--invoke 25.

Has to be removed. We are not safe until January 20.

Keep hope alive--invoke 25.

Has to be removed. We are not safe until January 20.
    He is done. He has lost a lot of followers, a lot of influence and frankly a lot of money today.

He won't go away, but he will be a sideshow. Before today, he still wielded a LOT of influence in the Republican Party. Far less now.
    ~Puma~

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

He needs to be charged and arrested and if found guilty imprisoned.

Trump is the worst excuse of a person to ever represent our country.

He needs to be charged and arrested and if found guilty imprisoned.

Trump is the worst excuse of a person to ever represent our country.
    But we knew this. I more blame those whom aided and abetted him for 4 years and road his coattail of influence for political ambition.
    ~Puma~

Unforgettable

The enablers have a lot to answer for as well.

You know I am a little disappointed by the lack patriotism on display by folks here.

This is my words. I expected better and more than just trying to compare this any old riot.

All bad. This was an attempt at overthrowing the government.

I could not agree more. The foundation of our government is open, fair, and non discriminatory elections. The operation of a fair, honest and impartial 4th Estate comes in 2nd. The citizens of the United States can no longer trust either of those to help them keep the governments at all levels honest and above board in their sworn duties.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

The enablers have a lot to answer for as well.

You know I am a little disappointed by the lack patriotism on display by folks here.

This is my words. I expected better and more than just trying to compare this any old riot.

All bad. This was an attempt at overthrowing the government.
    You make a mistake if you are questioning my patriotism. Do not do that again unless you want to create an enemy.

As I said earlier I have not seen any news reports of today's events. I will read the reports in the morning to get the news I want to see. You have been playing here long enough that you should know I do not watch any MSM news reports, and have not watched any of them for years.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    You make a mistake if you are questioning my patriotism. Do not do that again unless you want to create an enemy.

As I said earlier I have not seen any news reports of today's events. I will read the reports in the morning to get the news I want to see. You have been playing here long enough that you should know I do not watch any MSM news reports, and have not watched any of them for years.
    The video is bad.

Fwiw, I don't question your patriotism at all. And I know Bigsky and love the guy. And there are a lot of good conservatives on this board that I have no doubt do not condone what happened today.

Things are very very tense right now. Today was awful and the lady that died is from my city....so its terribly sad all the way around.
    I am one who does like to look for silver linings. And I can think of several in this awful time:

- Trump has lost much of his influence and power over the Republican Party. I view this as a good thing.
    - Tragedy often breeds unity. I don't know if it will but we needed something big to bring people a little closer together. I hope this does.
    - People who took a very hard but correct stance today look so much better: Pence, Mitch, Sasse, Romney, etc.
    - Our Capitol was clearly vulnerable. I am thankful the damage and death wasn't worse and I hope like 9/11, this really firms up security.

I will finish with this. I think Trump is a danger and that those who have aided him should feel a responsibility. He has gone unchecked.
    Some time ago (more than a year) I posted a thread on how we talk to one another in politics. I think it had 9/11 in the title. That thread went downhill fast. I hope situations like today scare everyone to what is possible, and cause all of us to watch how we communicate. Words do matter. That’s the lesson of the day.
    Last edited by ukpumacat; 01-06-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Yeah Trump is done. He lost 60% of his voters today. My friend senator Steve Daines was one.

I can’t watch the news. Twitter contributors are better sources of news than Fox or CNN. Has been that way since 2009. They are talking heads

I don’t believe anything will change until the tyrants are removed and we elect people who have real jobs they have to get back to because Congress doesn’t pay.

End of America
    This is how I feel sky.

There is definitely a change coming and has been for awhile and has little to do with politics and more to do with the attitudes of people.
    Trying to pass laws about parenting What? That is crazy.

The Senate has overwhelmingly turned aside a challenge to President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in Arizona, guaranteeing the result will stand.

The objection to the results in Arizona -- spearheaded by Rep. Paul Gosar and Sen. Ted Cruz -- was rejected 93-6 on Wednesday night. All votes in favor came from Republicans, but after violent protesters mobbed the Capitol earlier Wednesday a number of GOP senators who had planned to support the objection reversed course.

The Republicans raised the objection based on false claims pushed by President Donald Trump and others of issues with the vote in Arizona, which were repeatedly dismissed in Arizona’s courts and by the state’s election officials.

___

10:10 p.m.

Sen. Lindsey Graham says a commission to examine the 2020 election is not a proper next step and affirmed that Joe Biden is the “legitimate president of the United States.”

Graham, a South Carolina Republican and longtime ally of President Donald Trump, called it a “uniquely bad idea to delay this election,” referencing the commission idea proposed by his fellow South Carolina Republican, U.S. Sen. Tim Scott.

Graham says, “Count me out. Enough is enough.”

Earlier Wednesday, supporters of Trump breached the U.S. Capitol, forcing a lockdown of the lawmakers and staff inside. Trump has claimed widespread voter fraud to explain away his defeat to President-elect Joe Biden, though election officials have said there wasn’t any.

Graham said that “if you’re a conservative,” the idea that Vice President Mike Pence could reverse the results of the election, as President Donald Trump had urged him to do, was “the most offensive concept in the world.

..From the AP

___

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain