Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

OT: Downtown Lexington being evacuated, random RV in parking lot?

Chuck, and all you Lexington area folks, please be careful.

Hopefully it's just LPD being prudent and cautious, and risking their lives to save ours.

God protect them all.

@lexkypolice: 🚨 SAFETY ALERT 🚨

8:30pm - Lexington Police is working an incident in the area of Short Street and Market. Pedestrians and motorists are asked to avoid the area.

We will post updates when more information is available.

@lexkypolice: 8:45pm - AVOID DOWNTOWN

Traffic is shut down and the area of Vine to Third Street and Broadway to Martin Luther King Blvd is being evacuated.

@CameronMillz: Part of downtown Lexington being evacuated due to lone RV in random parking lot. Apparently K9 sniffed something suspicious. Of course #newyearseve2020 ends like this. Wife and I having dinner 75 feet from RV. Regardless of what comes of it, thank you Lexington PD for your work.

Re: OT: Downtown Lexington being evacuated, random RV in parking lot?

I'm actually over at my business working, was about to head that way. it's not near me (sadly I'm measuring that in "RV full of explosives damage radius" distances), other part of downtown, but obviously still close.

Haven't seen any other updates. I'd drive down and check it out but a) they won't let me get very close, and b) that may not be the best idea anyway.

The area it is in is the most active part of downtown, the Short St. area that is full of bars and restaurants.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Cam says he's home. Not sure what I'm supposed to do when downtown IS home. lol (in a very dark way).

Extremely likely to be an abundance of caution, and rightly so.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Hopefully it’s RV paranoia. Similar to Ryder rentals after the Trade Center bombing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Prudent to be a bit paranoid for awhile, though.

@lexkypolice: 10:25 UPDATE

Around 7:40 pm Thursday, an officer noticed a large RV parked in a downtown parking lot. Given the circumstances, an explosives detection canine was brought in, and it “alerted” to the vehicle. https://twitter.com/lexkypolice/stat...784832/photo/1

@lexkypolice: The downtown area was evacuated and the police department’s Hazardous Devices Unit responded to the scene. Officers made contact with the driver of the RV and no explosives were located.

The scene was cleared around 10:15 pm.

Ended up being a false alarm, but great job by Lexington pd to be on the ball and thorough.