Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: RIP Dawn Wells

RIP Dawn Wells

Dang shame. I always was a Mary Ann guy.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...awn-wells-dead

In fact I was going to contribute to her Gofundme, put up by a friend to help cover medical expenses that had gotten her in a hole a couple of years ago. By the time I got to it they had closed it, raising over $600K I believe when the original request was for far less. A sign of her popularity esp. as that character.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

RIP Dawn Wells

Big fan.

She came down to support a community theatre group I was part of 17 years ago when we did the premiere of Gilligan's Island, the Musical. Attended the pre-opening event, and was as completely sweet as she portrayed on television.

A good friend of mine played the skipper, and she signed his play poster,

"To Mike - Rescue Me. Love, Mary Ann. Dawn Wells."

Damn 2020.

Re: RIP Dawn Wells

Another piece of my youth, taken away.
    2020 you were a busturd if ever there was one...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Bummer
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

RIP Dawn Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Bummer
    Doc, when you do your deaths of 2020, I think it's going to depress me more than any before.

RIP Dawn Wells

Shoot!!

...a three hour tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

RIP Dawn Wells

And here she was with the artistic director of the community theatre, and an incredible actor and singer. He played Mr. Howell in the musical.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Doc, when you do your deaths of 2020, I think it's going to depress me more than any before.
    Just commented on his list. Yeah, there are several there I am sad to see go, but Dawn Wells is a biggie for me. It's not like I watch Gilligan's island these days, but as a kid I watched it every day, and her character was beautiful and sweet and charming and the very definition of the 'girl next door'. I also admire all actors who are gracious with their fans, esp. those who end up typecast with a role and may have the desire to get away from it. I get why they would bristle, but those that are gracious and appreciative strike me as being genuinely good people, maybe better than I would be, and I respect them.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Interview with Bob Denver's widow. Wells and Denver and his wife, and really the remaining cast over the years other than Tina Louise, were quite close.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...lligans-island

In a bit of irony, Tina Louise, the one cast member who really wasn't happy with her role and didn't reprise it in the TV movies, is the last remaining original cast member.