Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Rupp's Runt

Christmas lights

If you enjoy Christmas lights, I recommend the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter. After 5:00 you can pay $10 to park and walk around the grounds for free and catch some free shows as well. I will post a link later after I get the pictures uploaded to Flickr.

Anyone else have any Christmas light recommendations? I realize we are not all in Kentucky but I'd still like to hear. My girls (4 and 6) really got into the lights this year.

Re: Christmas lights

My grandkids really loved the lights at the NCM motorsports track. 2 &1/2 miles of paved track and thousands of lights. 1 million lights, 25 scenes and 350 displays.

20 bucks for a carload on week nights and 25 bucks on weekends.

Have also heard good things about the lights under louisville. 17 miles of lights and more lights, 4,000,000 points of lights in fact and over 900 displays.

$30 bucks for all the people you can stuff in a car, pick up truck or mini van.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

I heard the Under Louisville lights were good. Probably would have done that on the way home if the wife did not have to work the next day.

Christmas lights

That Under Louisville lights sounds terrific. Maybe next year...

We do the lights thin g up big every year. This time we done what they called the "Rudolph Run Scavenger Hunt" which took about three hours to complete. Every destination (37 I believe in total) had a home or several decorated to the max. A lighted functioning roller coaster at one home was amazing

One of the large subdivisions of fine homes was simply just amazing. Ashfield Lane in Louisville...take note of that Kentuckians'.
    I've seen lights under Louisville and Christmas in the park, etc.. but this was a different world altogether, with every large beautiful home, I'd guess close to a hundred of them, decorated to the max and a steady line of viewers there to see it. Safe to say there were millions of lights.

We found Rudolph at an ice skating rink hidden downtown somewhere in Old Louisville.
    Last edited by kingcat; 12-31-2020 at 11:22 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Rupp's Runt

A few pics from the Creation Museum and Ark

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tonynelson/

Very nice

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Mr. Nelson, you sir, have way outkicked your coverage and have a beautiful family.
    God's blessings to you and yours, and thanks for the pictures...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    A few pics from the Creation Museum and Ark

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tonynelson/
    Wow, that's a wonderful display. Your children are precious.

And, as is exceedingly common among members of this fine community, our male members consistently outkick their coverage, indeed. We must all make up for it by being kind, generous, intelli...nah, we're all just dumb lucky!

Thanks for sharing the great pics.

Rupp's Runt

I think she married up, I just haven't aged as well hahahaha I know you all won't believe that lol. But seriously, thanks guys.

It is a pretty good little Christmas tree light trip if you are close at all. My co-worker posted some pictures from the Under Louisville lights. It does look nice as well.

Christmas lights

You can take my house off the list. My lights are coming down this morning... mostly, Cats play at noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I heard the Under Louisville lights were good. Probably would have done that on the way home if the wife did not have to work the next day.
    I just noticed your handle listing and it shows where you live and it brought back some really old memories. I dated a girl from there when we were both in school at western. Her dad owned a big department store before there were WalMarts. It was named Colonel "something" IIRC, Also there was a swimming lake south of town. I have gone brain dead on the name, but the owner was in the excavation business. Had some really good times there for a couple of years.

Also there was a rumor about Grenville that it was the richest town in KY back in the late 60s and early 70s. Peabody had bought all the mineral rights in and around town and they had paid very well for those rights.
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I just noticed your handle listing and it shows where you live and it brought back some really old memories. I dated a girl from there when we were both in school at western. Her dad owned a big department store before there were WalMarts. It was named Colonel "something" IIRC, Also there was a swimming lake south of town. I have gone brain dead on the name, but the owner was in the excavation business. Had some really good times there for a couple of years.

Also there was a rumor about Grenville that it was the richest town in KY back in the late 60s and early 70s. Peabody had bought all the mineral rights in and around town and they had paid very well for those rights.
    I do not remember a "colonel" department store. We had Cohens? Seems like it was named EA Cohens, but everyone just called it Cohens. I barely remember it, if that does not sound right I will ask around.

We may have been the richest town/county at one point. Before my time really, but I do remember that it seemed like everyone was doing well in the 80s and do remember the fall out.

Felix Martin was a coal miner (owner I guess). He left the county a fortune. Left my church about 3 Million. Greenville has taken a lot of that money and restored their downtown area. It is now a very nice looking downtown area.
    Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 01-06-2021 at 02:19 PM.

I believe that I remember the swimming lake, was Bandy Lake. Does that ring a bell?

The department store was a lot like a one man Walmart and was heavy on sporting goods
    seeya
    dan