Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Drinking some freshly ground Coffee Emporium from Cincinnati

Drinking some freshly ground Coffee Emporium from Cincinnati

Thanks to my daughter and S-I-L, I have three different blends of their coffee beans.

This morning it is a chocolate fudge blend. I have their Winter Solstice (rich caramel & butterscotch) and a Bourbon Barrel Aged coffee as well. A nice bonus to working at home.

Fiona's Blend, Day 2. Just as good.

Fab Five

Re: Drinking some freshly ground Coffee Emporium from Cincinnati

If you are ever in LEX, stop by Coffee Times for great fresh ground coffee. I go there everytime I am there. It’s on Regency RD, south of Pasedena, one block from Nick Rd. Stanley Demos is my favorite. It was the blend used at the old restaurant of the same name. I also love the Southern Pecan blend. A couple of other good ones are Merrick Inn and the Bluegrass Breakfast blend.

Several restaurants in LEX use their coffee, including Magee’s bakery on Main.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    If you are ever in LEX, stop by Coffee Times for great fresh ground coffee. I go there everytime I am there. It’s on Regency RD, south of Pasedena, one block from Nick Rd. Stanley Demos is my favorite. It was the blend used at the old restaurant of the same name. I also love the Southern Pecan blend. A couple of other good ones are Merrick Inn and the Bluegrass Breakfast blend.

Several restaurants in LEX use their coffee, including Magee’s bakery on Main.
    Thanks for the tip. I will do.

As life has it, I expect to be at least closer to the area from time to time. With an excuse to visit daughter and new SIL in Cincinnati, that will be close enough for me to visit.

Re: Drinking some freshly ground Coffee Emporium from Cincinnati

Daughter and SIL gave me three different bags, and two of them I really liked, the third one, not so much. And it surprised me, because I would have thought exactly the opposite.

I'm drinking Bourbon Barrel Aged Coffee this morning, with "notes of vanilla and sweet caramel with a hint of charred oak." It is "barrel-aged" for at least 6 months by them which is supposed to breathe the aroma of the bourbon into the raw, unroasted coffee.

Just not my favorite. Maybe as an after-dinner coffee, but it's just not much of a morning coffee to me.

Fiona's Blend has been my favorite, with Winter Solstice surprisingly right there with it.