Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: pyramid scheme.

Wow.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Re: pyramid scheme.

Orberson first made his bones about 20 years ago in Excel Communications, which was basically multilevel marketing with long-distance service. Sounds like Orberson decided to start his own thing and ran afoul of the authorities.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I thought this was a thread on Social Security
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I thought this was a thread on Social Security
    I thought it was on the F16 fighter jets and Abrams tanks we are sending to that nutcase Morsi to use against our allies.

I have had several people try to talk me into "investing" in Fortune Hi-Tech, I declined because I said it was clearly a pyramid scheme. Provision is another pyramid scheme that is designed to rip off investors trying to make a few bucks on the side.

Fiddlin' Five

Whatever happened to Brandon Knight's mother who worked for Orberson and continued to last year (the year after Brandon left)?

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

There is a story.

Pyramid schemes, amway, etc is an old con. It is also a scam that has impacted college athletics long before Billy Gillispie got hosed.

In the early 1990s Don Lane really pushed a pyramid scheme to high school coaches and even resident assistants working his summer basketball camp.

Similar cons grabbed other college coaches in Kentucky including Denny Crum and a former CJ writer who was the beat report that followed the Cards during those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard Ten View Post
    Whatever happened to Brandon Knight's mother who worked for Orberson and continued to last year (the year after Brandon left)?