Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Explosion in Downtown Nashville, Looks Intentional

OT: Explosion in Downtown Nashville, Looks Intentional

https://abcnews.go.com/US/parked-rec...ry?id=74908234

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

Re: OT: Explosion in Downtown Nashville, Looks Intentional

Not good at all. Alas, Nashville is becoming a rougher town. Spent a lot of time working in the 2nd And Commerce area years ago, and have friends who perform 8 to 10 times a week on S Broadway. They have been telling me how bad the neighborhoods there have become. A lot of performers have requested security as they carry equipment to their cars. Police have trouble keeping up with the crime.
    Real Fan since 1958

Been in that exact area many times during SECT.

So very glad no one was seriously hurt.

Have family that lives in the Nashville area so glad everyone is safe and unharmed.

Fab Five

Fox analyst believes it was an intentional trap to kill responding police officers.
    Real Fan since 1958

"The vehicle broadcast a message from a loudspeaker warning of an imminent blast before it detonated, according to police, who called the incident an “intentional act.”

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Scary. God bless the officers. One lost his hearing which hope is only temporary. I was watching a Netflix show about about he Atlanta bombing and eric Rudolph.

Cowardly, crazy act.

Sounds like minimal injuries thanks to officers clearing the area.

ATT cell service is down in Lexington right now,apparently some ATT equipment was damaged in the blast. Parts of KY and TN are down along with some 911 call centers.

Shows just how easy it would be to attack our grid if a RV sized bomb in Nashville shuts down cell service across 2 states.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Fox analyst believes it was an intentional trap to kill responding police officers.
    I don’t agree. There would not have been a warning about imminent explosion.

Read up about Multi Domain Operations and you will understand what is going on here and it scares me.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post

Read up about Multi Domain Operations and you will understand what is going on here and it scares me.
    I thought MDO was a joint military counter attack? If so, how is this MDO?

Think the Chinese are testing our infrastructure and response?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Ok, that is a diff spin.

I figured someone depressed that wanted to go out with a bang but really did not want to hurt others.

They will trace the RV (prob already have). guessing DNA will happen on the remains found as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Think the Chinese are testing our infrastructure and response?
    Could our own spec ops be testing our own system in the case of civil unrest?

Now that the dust has settled, it is truly a miracle that no one was killed in the blast. 40 buildings damaged or destroyed.

It seems obvious whoever did this did not do it with the intent to have a high death toll, unless they screwed up when setting am/pm on the timer/detonator. Might be overkill on an insurance job on a failing business due to the covid shutdowns.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

That is my take as well. The 911 calls to dispatch about gun shots in the area that sent the original responders to the area, put them in harms way while they were assisting in evacuating people from the area. Without the 911 calls there is no police presence prior to the blast, and those shots and phone calls were part of the plan
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Providing an audio warning that there is a bomb in the vehicle with a countdown to the explosion virtually guarantees it was not an attempt to kill anyone.

That's just not how that works.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

I feel like domestic terrorism and most likely to kill law enforcement.

If it is a testing of our response time, it isn’t our own government. If our government would do that...I can’t give voice to that.

And if it is a foreign power, it is an escalation of cyber tactics to real grounds for war.

Sound a lot like a Holiday suicide intended to be quick, painless, make big noise, ruin festivities for many, and garner national headlines.

The warning broadcast from the vehicle played for a while leading up to the explosion. That's just not the way to take anyone out.
    Last edited by kingcat; 12-26-2020 at 11:57 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Providing an audio warning that there is a bomb in the vehicle with a countdown to the explosion virtually guarantees it was not an attempt to kill anyone.

That's just not how that works.
    Except it draws officers to the scene to warn people to evacuate.
    Real Fan since 1958

Except it draws officers to the scene to warn people to evacuate.
    But not close enough to kill. You're evacuating people in the vicinity to keep them away from the danger.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 12-26-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Fab Five

But not close enough to kill.

It wasn't designed for that.
    Don’t disagree. The Central Switching Office appears to be an obvious target. Holes were blown in a building designed to withstand earthquakes and bombs.
    Real Fan since 1958

Don’t disagree. The Central Switching Office appears to be an obvious target. Holes were blown in a building designed to withstand earthquakes and bombs.
    Yeah, I'm not convinced it was some simple act. There is something very sinister with it. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't accomplish exactly what it was intended to accomplish, but it was just a step in a process. It is a very scary thing.

Fwiw, there are CURRENTLY a number of emergency systems out in Tennessee and Kentucky as a result of the blast. That's very frightening.

Rupp's Runt

Fwiw, there are CURRENTLY a number of emergency systems out in Tennessee and Kentucky as a result of the blast. That's very frightening.
    Yep, I am out in Muhlenberg. Thankfully my Internet is Comcast. Many have zero means of communication right now.

Fab Five

FBI Agent in charge says over 500 tips were received. We will get to the bottom of this. Officers are heroic. They do what they do. They ran to danger.
    Real Fan since 1958

https://twitter.com/davidbegnaud/sta...213345282?s=10

Of course this could all be hooey...maybe a disgruntled ATT employee.

Last edited by blueboss; 12-26-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Rupp's Runt

JMHO, but I think this may have been a test to see how much damage could be done, and to see how any communications could be affected.

Just seems strange that there was a warning like this. And followed by a fifteen minute count down.

"Williams, who lives in a loft apartment on the third floor of the restaurant building, said she heard the sound of loud, rapid-fire gunshots at about 4:30 a.m. After multiple rounds of gunshot sounds, Williams said she called 911. Then, she said, she heard a repeated warning she said came from the RV parked outside her building.

“Evacuate now. There is a bomb. A bomb is in this vehicle and will explode,” she remembers the recorded warning saying. Then, she said, the voice started a 15-minute countdown.

Her family headed to Nissan Stadium, about a half-mile away and waited. When they didn’t hear an explosion, they headed back. That was when they saw a fireball fly over the AT&T building on Second Avenue.

“Whoever did it did give fair warning,” Williams said.

Yeah, I'm not convinced it was some simple act. There is something very sinister with it. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't accomplish exactly what it was intended to accomplish, but it was just a step in a process. It is a very scary thing.
    Feels like a test run. Went out of their way to clear people from the area but took out a piece of hardened infrastructure.

No details yet but I'm betting an anfo bomb, between 500 and 1,000lbs. Not a small effort.

Of course could be just a crazy disgruntled employee with time on his hands. But smells like more at this point.