Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Article 2 Section 1 Clause 2 .........Legislature

Article 2 Section 1 Clause 2 .........Legislature

What is Article 2 Section 1 Clause 2 of the Constitution?

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, ...

Re: Article 2 Section 1 Clause 2 .........Legislature

Legislatures, not governors, not courts, not election officials.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Legislatures, not governors, not courts, not election officials.
    And now we have 5 justices that are more focused on the strict interpretation of the US Constitution...

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    And now we have 5 justices that are more focused on the strict interpretation of the US Constitution...
    I want to revisit this point. The justices did this by not taking the Texas case. A case that had no merit and one one that would undermine states rights for years to come, the Supreme Court didn’t take the case.

In bigger news the court stood by the Constitution over a tyrannical president who nominated three of its members.

Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    I want to revisit this point. The justices did this by not taking the Texas case. A case that had no merit and one one that would undermine states rights for years to come, the Supreme Court didn’t take the case.

In bigger news the court stood by the Constitution over a tyrannical president who nominated three of its members.

Good for them.
    That is one interpetation. Yet other legal scholars say they neglected their duty by remaining above the Texas Case., If one states some how escelates the value of its votes in a manner that devalues the votes of another state, that is an interstate issue that only SCOTUS can answer.

When the states change their election methods and dates by either Exective action or court action, they did so outside the constitution which says on the legislature can make law and process as it relates to elections in that state. That is my opinion. SCOTUS did not say so and I know those people have more knowledge than me.

But, I think this could have been avoided today had they at least heard the case. Roberts is a weak Chief Justice.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

You hear a case that is legitimate. Trump has fomented paranoid rebellion and is a traitor to the nation and is negligent in fulfilling his oath of office.

God damn Donald Trump's fucking soul to hell. I pray any here who stand by that worthless traitor.