Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Great...Paul Harvey type story

Great...Paul Harvey type story

I just read this story a few minutes ago and thought it was really good.

When Jeffrey Sherman was a little boy, the world was busy eradicating the dreaded polio disease. He went to school one day, and received the vaccine in a sugar cube. In those days, the vaccine could be obtained either that way, or through an inoculation.

Meanwhile, the Sherman family was a musically gifted family, and Jeffrey's father and uncle, the Sherman brothers, were songwriters. They were busy writing songs for a new movie musical, and had reached somewhat of an obstacle when the star of the show did not like their song they had written, "Through the Eyes of Love," the Sherman brothers favorite song for the movie. They were asked to come up with a new song that would be in line with the star's philosophy in the show.

Little Jeffrey came home from school that day and Dad asked how his day went. Little Jeffrey told Dad that he had received the polio vaccine in school.

Knowing that little Jeffrey had a history for rejecting booster shots at his doctor's office, running away, and otherwise avoiding inoculations at all costs, Dad asked "didn't it hurt?"

Little Jeffrey replied that they just put it in a sugar cube and you just ate it.

Dad stared at little Jeffrey, and stared some more. He then went to the telephone, and called his brother Dick.

They went back to the office and wrote, "a Spoonful of Sugar" (Helps the Medicine Go Down.") Yes, the star was Julie Andrews who had been hired to play Mary Poppins, and the inspiration for the songwriting Sherman brothers came from little Jeffrey Sherman and the polio vaccine he received that day.

And now you know...the rest of the story.

Re: Great...Paul Harvey type story

I think Mike does a great job telling stories and he and his team find some really interesting ones to share.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.