Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: This morning around 4 a.m. I saw a cool website...can't find it now

This morning around 4 a.m. I saw a cool website...can't find it now

I don't even remember for sure what the site was, but you could plug in the county where you lived, your age, health condition, occupation, and it would show you where you would be expected to fall in line to receive the Covid vaccine.

Has anyone seen that? It told you the number of people ahead of you in your county, and even had a "S" graph of sorts, with people standing in line, and showing you everyone ahead of you in a 100-person line.

You guys are good at that googling thing...can you find it for me?

Re: This morning around 4 a.m. I saw a cool website...can't find it now

^Yes, the NY Times is where I saw it yesterday.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Yup I just found it as well. 23 minutes to search for it is just not up to snuff.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I doubt the veracity of their work, but the results are interesting.

If I don't claim any Covid related health factors then i'm behind 4.0 million in Kentucky. Considering there are only 4.5 million in the state, that means way in the back of the line.

If I put that I do have Covid related health factors (let's go with obesity, lol) then I'm suddenly behind only about 300,000 people.

The problem is I'm probably not much more obese than the average Kentuckian, considering that stats say about 37% of Kentuckians are obese.

I'm guessing WAY in the back of the line.

MOST interesting is that they have "children" Pretty far up in that line despite the fact we know almost no children die from it, most are asymptomatic and they don't even spread it very well.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

In a line of 100 people, I would be #3

Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind*very few*people across the United States.

When it comes to*Florida, we think you’re behind*very few*others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in*Martin County, you’re behind*very few*others.

If the line in*Florida*was represented by about 100 people, this is where you’d be standing:

The article continues below the graphic.

1.1M healthcare workers

You

273k in nursing homes

191k first responders

6.5M with health risks

1.1M other elderly

539k essential workers

411k teachers

37k homeless

106k prisoners

2.4M young adults

4.0M children

781k other essential workers

3.2M others

The order outlined above is one
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Thanks, guys, that's it.

Doc, I missed the "are you willing to bribe someone" question that got you in front of first responders and nursing homes. I wonder what they are charging in Kentucky.....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Doc, I missed the "are you willing to bribe someone" question that got you in front of first responders and nursing homes. I wonder what they are charging in Kentucky.....
    Classified as a healthcare worker
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Not sure why "prisoners" rank above nonessential workers, and why nonessential workers rank last. I'm sure the nonessential bar tenders and waitresses do not see themselves as nonessential....and I don't either
    Last edited by Doc; 12-05-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Not sure why "prisoners" rank above nonessential workers, and why nonessential workers rank last. I'm sure the nonessential bar tenders and waitresses so not see themselves as nonessential....and I don't either
    I may rob a bank so I can move up the list. Seems like a win win situation.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Fab Five

2.1 M in Alabama ahead of me. I don't believe the vaccine enters into my near term plans.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

I'm still NOT getting the vaccine until I see what the possible side effects are.
    I'm retired, stay local, and really have no plans of visiting family in Kentucky, the Philippines or Australia in the near future.
    I just don't think it's a good idea until more substantial data is available.
    Frigging no good lousy ChiComs! 😠

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Not sure why "prisoners" rank above nonessential workers, and why nonessential workers rank last. I'm sure the nonessential bar tenders and waitresses so not see themselves as nonessential....and I don't either
    Why are homeless ahead of essential workers?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Why are homeless ahead of essential workers?
    Exactly........

Rupp's Runt

We have "elderly" and "at risk"...Then we have "essential" then toward the end we have "other essential". Lower in the graph they call "other essential" as "lower risk essential". This makes little sense to me. Either you are essential or not. Either you are "elderly" and "at risk" or not.

Out of 100 Kentuckians, I'd be 9th in line. Just about everybody in Kentucky has at least 1 risk factor (obesity), so I'm not sure how I'm there except I do have some others relating to my accident (mainly history and risk of DVTs).
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

When it comes to Alabama, we think you’re behind 4.3 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

Just FWIW, Alabama has 4.9 million people. I'm like, almost last. I was hoping to be classified as a "teacher" but I think it's K-12 that they're considering. Even if they go to the University level, my teaching a random class or two as a part-time adjunct probably won't get me there, either.

Oh well. I guess that means I'm fortunate not to be in a higher risk classification of sorts.

If I got bumped up to teacher...

When it comes to Alabama, we think you’re behind 2.3 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    We have "elderly" and "at risk"...Then we have "essential" then toward the end we have "other essential". Lower in the graph they call "other essential" as "lower risk essential". This makes little sense to me. Either you are essential or not. Either you are "elderly" and "at risk" or not.
    Every worker is essential because it is essential to work to provide for your family. It has been that way since the beginning of mankind. People took risks to provide for their family, clan or tribe. There was a risk to hunting mammoth for food, there was a risk to hunting buffalo, there was a risk to farming in the isolated wilderness, etc.... and those risk were likely far greater what we see with COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Out of 100 Kentuckians, I'd be 9th in line. Just about everybody in Kentucky has at least 1 risk factor (obesity), so I'm not sure how I'm there except I do have some others relating to my accident (mainly history and risk of DVTs).
    Me too. I have a history DVT's (at least 3 times)--except mine have seeded my lungs...twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    When it comes to Alabama, we think you’re behind 4.3 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

Just FWIW, Alabama has 4.9 million people. I'm like, almost last. I was hoping to be classified as a "teacher" but I think it's K-12 that they're considering. Even if they go to the University level, my teaching a random class or two as a part-time adjunct probably won't get me there, either.

Oh well. I guess that means I'm fortunate not to be in a higher risk classification of sorts.

If I got bumped up to teacher...

When it comes to Alabama, we think you’re behind 2.3 million others who are at higher risk in your state.
    You're a lawyer. Does that not carry some criminal aspect to it? Maybe you could go to prison? However, clearly lawyers are nonsessential.

I have reached my lawyer joke quota for the year.

For me, I feel a little guilty of the healthcare worker classification....but not that guilty. Pets are people too
    Last edited by Doc; 12-08-2020 at 07:00 AM.