Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Reasons I Love Christmas

--I love the way our tree looks when it's decorated and lit up.

--I love our church's Christmas Eve service. Laid back, some Christmas songs sung by the congregation, a short message from the pastor and Communion. Just sets the tone for the evening and the next day.

--My wife makes the best bourbon balls for Christmas.

--Christmas carols--the religious songs (and some of the secular songs, too).

--It's A Wonderful Life.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: Reasons I Love Christmas

time off work.............................
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Reasons I Love Christmas

I love Christmas.

I love giving gifts, although my wife generally picks them out. I make a big deal out of it when I happen to find something, though.

I love family get togethers, although we're skipping this year's. So much fun going to New Orleans, wandering around the quarter, hitting Cafe Du Monde, and enjoying time off from work. Oh yeah, and seeing family. Yeah, that's it. That's the reason.

I love Christmas music. Yes, I'm grumpy when I hear it in stores before Thanksgiving, as there is a time and a place and it's not all year round. My favorite Christmas music songs are more spiritually based, soulful, and just different than what you hear all year.

I love several of the Christmas television specials. Rudolph, Frosty, It's a Wonderful Life, among them.

I love Christmas Eve Mass, seeing the children's play, and when we are in town, having a special Christmas Eve dinner with very close friends of ours that we don't get to see that often. The tradition started when we were both trying to find some place that was open on Christmas Eve for dinner after Mass, and ended up finding a Mexican restaurant with a mariachi band. For years, that became our tradition. Later it migrated to other restaurants, but I loved the dumpy Mexican restaurant we frequented for years before that.

I love revisiting memories from past Christmases. Talking about loved ones that are no longer with us. That's bittersweet, as I do feel pangs of sorrow where I miss loved ones, too. Remembering putting together that little doll baby stroller with a gazillion pieces til 3:30am, then getting up before 5 because the kids were too excited to sleep in.

Having kids get mad at me because I still insist upon having the video camera running on Christmas Day when Santa comes for them. Laughing at some constant Santa gifts, like my grown son still getting a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper. Because, well, he always has.

I love the tradition of me making sausage cheese balls for breakfast, well my wife usually makes a sweet coffee cake type thing that everybody likes except me. My oldest son and I usually devour the sausage cheese balls. That's not a tradition that has always occurred, and it didn't start that long ago, but it's one I enjoy.

I don't know why we don't have it more often, but I love Christmas dinner, which is similar to Thanksgiving in many of the side dishes. Of course, I could stand to skip Christmas Dinners and a few dozen more like it.

I can tolerate the obnoxious traffic and commercialization, although I don't like it. Just too many other things I love about the season.

I love revisiting memories from past Christmases. Talking about loved ones that are no longer with us. That's bittersweet, as I do feel pangs of sorrow where I miss loved ones, too. Remembering putting together that little doll baby stroller with a gazillion pieces til 3:30am, then getting up before 5 because the kids were too excited to sleep in.

Oh, goodness.
    Had a game table for the oldest grandson, he would not go to bed as he was super excited because Santa had promised him that. Had multiple games, and I got started on it at 12:30 am and finished at 4:45 AM. Went to bed to have him wake us up at 5:15 AM. Now he sleeps in until the crack of noon. Now I am putting toys together for his children...and I love it. Thanks for making me smile Mr. C.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Related to Doc's reason: No one calling at the office.

It's about the only 2 weeks a year people won't ride you for not getting to X or Y, and it's quiet. Sometimes I use that for work, that nice quiet work where you can think, sometimes for a vacation.

This year will be work, nowhere to go on vacation. lol
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

I love listening to Eartha Kitt sing Santa Baby. In three minutes she could fix anybody’s ED problems.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I love listening to Eartha Kitt sing Santa Baby. In three minutes she could fix anybody’s ED problems.
    I'll have to download that one.

..for a friend.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Some people/places/stations start it too early, but most Christmas music is enjoyable, even cheery, to listen to.
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 12-06-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Heat Mizer and Snow Mizer.

And maybe Yukon Cornelius and the Bergermeister Meisterberger
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Reasons I Love Christmas

I like Christmas in general, other than the chaos of traffic and the seasonal commercials.

I don’t mind the music as long as it’s not non-stop back to back. I don’t really care for the new Christmas music, but I do like all the old classics.

I enjoy the decorations both in and outside the house. Ms boss takes care of the inside, I do the outside. I traditionally put it all out the day after Thanksgiving. Over the last several years on the day after Thanksgiving there have been flocks of sandhill cranes migrating overhead. For whatever reason their far off cooing gets me in the spirit.

Some of the family stuff can be daunting with schedules and trying to be several places at once and in a short period of time. I always hate it when it’s over and the house is quiet and all decorations are taken down... seems gloomy afterwards.

This year will be odd... but still, it’s Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Memories. After the divorce no more epic Christmas Eve parties but that was the most memorable thing.

Bowl games!

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Bowl games!
    My father in law was a huge college football fan. I loved spending the holidays there--he'd pull out the sports section in the morning, circle all the games and we'd plan our viewing for the day. All football, all the time with a healthy dose of stories from his Marine days. He passed in 2015 and I miss our holiday time together.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19