Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Its Robot Fighting Time

Its Robot Fighting Time

New season starts at 8.

Who wins the giant nut?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Its Robot Fighting Time

Fun show, but the two matches with the rookies were pretty funny, especially Smeeeeee versus the dancing shark

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Fun show, but the two matches with the rookies were pretty funny, especially Smeeeeee versus the dancing shark
    I liked the Mailbox with a bowl and a drill......that was awesome because it looked like something Fred G Samford would have built.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Where's it on Doc? I love Robot Wars, though the reboot is a lot of fluff.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Discovery Channel, I believe.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

The “junk from a farm” one was cool too. I never thought it would din

Yep, Discovery Channel now, apparently on Thursday nights

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    The “junk from a farm” one was cool too. I never thought it would din

Yep, Discovery Channel now, apparently on Thursday nights
    Yes, thurday from 8-10. This was week 1. Some entertaining battle. Replay will be on several times this week.

Great. Didn't know it was back on Discovery. Have they dropped the stupid WWE type announcing and craziness?

I'm a Robot Wars fan from way way back, when Grant Imahara was on there with Dead Blow, and before him Adam and Jamie were in one of the very early ones before the TV coverage with Blendo. They were one of the bots that made them put up better and higher plexiglass b/c it slung parts of other bots into the crowd.

In fact it was such an issue they were sort of technically disqualified from winning despite being incredibly effective. They reached some compromise on it. Later bots caught up with them, but they had one of the real dominant bots in the early days.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.