Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reasons I hate Xmas

Re: Reasons I hate Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Christmas is okay, but grandpa died on Christmas Day last year, so I don’t look forward to it this year and don’t know how it will be in the future
    Very sorry. I pray that first Christmas gift from God is all the more meaningful to you when you think of him.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I even hate shopping on line because all I see is it lining Jeff Bazo's pockets.
    My wife, who is boycotting Walmart, and Amazon, and I spend a good bit of time looking for items on line that are being sold on smaller business sites that are selling the same product. Most of the time the price is a little higher, and the shipping may not be as quick, but we get a satisfaction knowing that we may be helping an alternative marketplace survive another day.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    FWIW I stumbled over a radio station while driving through Lexington a couple of weeks ago. I think it was 105.5 all Christmas music, all the time... year around Christmas music channel. WTH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's one here, I think 94.5, that does it from Thanksgiving through Christmas, then goes back to a normal Top 40 mix. Not sure if that's the one. I think 105.5 is some other mix station, but I'll check.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Reasons I hate Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    There's one here, I think 94.5, that does it from Thanksgiving through Christmas, then goes back to a normal Top 40 mix. Not sure if that's the one. I think 105.5 is some other mix station, but I'll check.
    105 point something. I was on my way to VA. the last week of Oct. Pretty strong signal, I picked it back up on the way back not too far west of Ashland.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Reasons I hate Xmas

Definitely the traffic is at the top of my list of holiday dislikes, second would be the commercials, both radio and TV.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

FDA Committee Votes to Approve EUA for the Pfizer Vacccine for 16yo and up.

17 Yes, 4 No, 1 Abstain

MOST of the debate (and No's/Abstains) are due to the inclusion of 16 and 17 year old's in the voting question. While the risk profile of the vaccine was known, 16 and 17 year olds are much less likely to get the full blown disease, meaning the potential benefit for them is far lower. The debate revolved around if there was sufficient benefit demonstrated in that age group to warrant the potential risk. One voter asked if they could change the wording of the voting question stating: he didn't want to vote no against it because he would emphatically vote yes for approval for 18 and up. He just felt sufficient evidence of benefit had not been demonstrated.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 12-10-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Re: FDA Committee Votes to Approve EUA for the Pfizer Vacccine for 16yo and up.

Thanks for the updates, Pedro...I have appreciated them.

Yes sir, thank you very much
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

From Pap's little corner of the world.
    Many thanks.
    I may not respond to these threads as I usually have nothing to say, but I read each and every post on this board (even the political ones) and I thoroughly enjoy your input on this subject.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Bombino

Glad I can help.

I expect FDA EUA approval to occur today or tomorrow, which will allow for the vaccine to start shipping. Sunday, CDC-ACIP will meet to approve their recommendations as well. Once they approve their recommendations, injections can start.

My arm is ready. I'm expecting mine in June though. Anything before that and I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    My arm is ready. I'm expecting mine in June though. Anything before that and I'll be happy.
    Same and happy and to do so...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Bombino

FDA EUA approval was just issued. Shipments start immediately.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/11/h...uthorized.html

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Amen, kingcat.
    For giving the scientists working on the vaccines the knowledge and the talent to develop this and for making all things fearfully and wonderfully...
    All Praise to the Almighty!

First, Happy Hanukkah! I always loved living in a town with a huge lighted Menorah right on Main St. Putting faith foremost, (in front of the bank!) said a lot about downtown and our community. I always wanted to illuminate a creche, too. I have met a person offended that our town has a Christmas Stroll. I read a letter from one in the paper. But I’m the opposite; I am uplifted by these reasons for the season. I might crack wise about “winter solstice” but I know this is a time of emotional faith for many Christians, and many of us who were raised with candlelight services and beautiful carols. Whatever Dickens' other messages, it is Tiny Tim's fervent "God bless us, every one" that warms us in the darkest days.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    My wife, who is boycotting Walmart, and Amazon, and I spend a good bit of time looking for items on line that are being sold on smaller business sites that are selling the same product. Most of the time the price is a little higher, and the shipping may not be as quick, but we get a satisfaction knowing that we may be helping an alternative marketplace survive another day.
    I too am boycotting Amazon. Have not bought anything from then in quite some time. Was going to order a laser site and it took me to amazon so I got a different make that I could order directly from them rather than thru amazon.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Christmas lights. Not the lights themselves but untangling and spending hours trying to figure out why half the strings don't work.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Christmas lights. Not the lights themselves but untangling and spending hours trying to figure out why half the strings don't work.
    We got a pre-lit tree about 3 years ago and it's been really nice not having to unravel lights. But I know there's going to be a year where the tree doesn't light entirely and all the time I've saved not unraveling lights will be spent trying to get the pre-lit tree to work properly.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19