Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Yikes... Accident on the firing range

Yikes... Accident on the firing range

Re: Yikes... Accident on the firing range

Sounds like a case of really bad luck.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Sounds like a failure to eject the previously fired shell casing. I could be wrong, but that's the first thing that comes to mind.
    It was a Taurus .380? Taurus makes decent guns, depending on exactly when it was manufactured and how well it was maintained by the owner.
    Not a fan of anything smaller than a 9mm for personal carry, but there have been major improvements in bullet technology in the last 15-20 years. Even .380's are a lot more lethal than they used to be.
    This guy is very lucky to have not been injured worse.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Sounds like a failure to eject the previously fired shell casing. I could be wrong, but that's the first thing that comes to mind.
    It was a Taurus .380? Taurus makes decent guns, depending on exactly when it was manufactured and how well it was maintained by the owner.
    Not a fan of anything smaller than a 9mm for personal carry, but there have been major improvements in bullet technology in the last 15-20 years. Even .380's are a lot more lethal than they used to be.
    This guy is very lucky to have not been injured worse.
    It definitely appears that the slide wasn’t completely in the lockup position, there doesn’t appear to be any barrel damage. I wonder if the FTE left behind a tiny piece of brass that prevented lockup?

I assume it's the rear of the slide that hit him. I'm of the mind that the round discharged as normal either due to a lockup issue as Keith mentioned or just metal fatigue in the slide, it shattered at those two points and the rear of the slide kept coming back and struck him.

Freak thing, but he's lucky he had on safety glasses. It sounds like the impact through the glasses damaged his eye socket severely, but otherwise it probably would have killed him.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Yeah, when I looked at the picture and saw the slide was split in half, I was amazed.
    That guy was very fortunate to have not been injured worse than he was.