Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Any Black Friday deals?

Any Black Friday deals?

This is been a very weird year in a lot of respects. Black Friday seems to have extended for a couple of weeks and mainly be online anyway.

The only thing that I purchased was a black Friday television from Walmart that was dirt cheap and had received decent reviews for my daughter. I think the brand was ONN.

I was looking this morning at some deal on Amazon for a Facebook Portal Smart Video Calling Touch Screen Display and was wondering if that was something that would be super easy for my in-laws to use. They both have iPads, although they sometimes struggle with the technology for them, but are active Facebook users. I was wondering if that Facebook portal device might be something they could use so that they could videoconference easily with their five children and 4000 grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Here is the link to the device. Regular price was $179 and the Black Friday price is $129.

https://www.amazon.com/Facebook-Port...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Does anyone else have any other suggestions for today?

Re: Any Black Friday deals?

I haven’t had time to look yet but that does sound like it would work for them. Everyone undoubtedly needs to be on fb though.

Have they ever tried Facebook messenger? You can video chat there but group chats might be difficult. I don’t know though; I’ve never tried.

By the way, I very much miss the days when the kids were a little younger and we made Black Friday like a scavenger hunt. We used to go downtown to get the newspaper and all the Black Friday ads the night before it came out, go through all of the ads, and cut out the ones we were interested in. We then separated them by store, and stapled them to pieces of cardboard to make it easier to carry.

The kids would be dropped off at various store locations to stand in line before the store opened, and my wife would go to a store herself (usually with the true Christmas presents, although we worked our way around that, to). I always got the stay-at-home duties, and would go online when the time opened for the online sales to occur. I remember getting a computer one year from one of the office supply retail stores, and feeling very smart because they advertised that it opened at 6 AM. Rather than wait until 6 AM, I began before 5 AM, thinking that it was a nationwide store, so 6 AM was probably Eastern time (I'm on Central time). At 5 AM, the online store opened and I secured the computer and a couple of other nice items at really good prices. I checked back at 6 AM central time, and everything I purchased was sold out.

We would meet up for breakfast midmorning, because by then we had already shopped for several hours and shared each other's successes. Sometimes we would go out in the afternoon after the frenzy had worn away to pick up other Black Friday ad items that had not been the hottest items. Things like batteries at Home Depot and such. Anyway, those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    This is been a very weird year in a lot of respects. Black Friday seems to have extended for a couple of weeks and mainly be online anyway.

The only thing that I purchased was a black Friday television from Walmart that was dirt cheap and had received decent reviews for my daughter. I think the brand was ONN.

I was looking this morning at some deal on Amazon for a Facebook Portal Smart Video Calling Touch Screen Display and was wondering if that was something that would be super easy for my in-laws to use. They both have iPads, although they sometimes struggle with the technology for them, but are active Facebook users. I was wondering if that Facebook portal device might be something they could use so that they could videoconference easily with their five children and 4000 grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Here is the link to the device. Regular price was $179 and the Black Friday price is $129.

https://www.amazon.com/Facebook-Port...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Does anyone else have any other suggestions for today?
    You can video call through Facebook messenger. I used that to accidentally call my cousin last night. When in Messenger click on the little video camera and it connects. I was on my iPad and he was on his laptop.

Rupp's Runt

I am looking for a 16 inch dewalt chainsaw and 20v dewalt leaf blower if anyone sees a bargain.

By the way, I very much miss the days when the kids were a little younger and we made Black Friday like a scavenger hunt. We used to go downtown to get the newspaper and all the Black Friday ads the night before it came out, go through all of the ads, and cut out the ones we were interested in. We then separated them by store, and stapled them to pieces of cardboard to make it easier to carry.

The kids would be dropped off at various store locations to stand in line before the store opened, and my wife would go to a store herself (usually with the true Christmas presents, although we worked our way around that, to). I always got the stay-at-home duties, and would go online when the time opened for the online sales to occur. I remember getting a computer one year from one of the office supply retail stores, and feeling very smart because they advertised that it opened at 6 AM. Rather than wait until 6 AM, I began before 5 AM, thinking that it was a nationwide store, so 6 AM was probably Eastern time (I'm on Central time). At 5 AM, the online store opened and I secured the computer and a couple of other nice items at really good prices. I checked back at 6 AM central time, and everything I purchased was sold out.

We would meet up for breakfast midmorning, because by then we had already shopped for several hours and shared each other's successes. Sometimes we would go out in the afternoon after the frenzy had worn away to pick up other Black Friday ad items that had not been the hottest items. Things like batteries at Home Depot and such. Anyway, those were the days.
    I remember tales of those scavenger hunts. Seems like I recall you using your PDA with the master list to mark items as they reported they picked them up. I also recall the fervent fight trying to keep that PDA alive long after people stopped using them.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I am looking for a 16 inch dewalt chainsaw and 20v dewalt leaf blower if anyone sees a bargain.
    Rural King had the leaf blower and 12 inch chainsaw for $99 each yesterday. They were bare tools, no batteries, but if you are specific about Dewalt you probably have other 20V Dewalt tools.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Rural King had the leaf blower and 12 inch chainsaw for $99 each yesterday. They were bare tools, no batteries, but if you are specific about Dewalt you probably have other 20V Dewalt tools.
    Thanks! I may run there today.

I have the 12 inch. It is perfect for cleaning out my fences. Need the 16 for when I have a slightly bigger tree down. Yes, I have several batteries.

Victor pre baited mouse traps, 4 pack on sale for $3.58 at Lowes. Curbside pick up available.

These are the humane traps that kill instantly when the spring loaded wire snaps down on the mouses neck and the mouses eyes bug out.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I remember tales of those scavenger hunts. Seems like I recall you using your PDA with the master list to mark items as they reported they picked them up. I also recall the fervent fight trying to keep that PDA alive long after people stopped using them.
    You have a good memory, my friend.

You have a good memory, my friend.
    Just don’t ask where I put anything that was in my hands five minutes ago. ��

YES!! Use code "ETSYMARKET" and receive another 10% off my prints this weekend. Total 20% savings!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RogerElliottImages
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Victor pre baited mouse traps, 4 pack on sale for $3.58 at Lowes. Curbside pick up available.

These are the humane traps that kill instantly when the spring loaded wire snaps down on the mouses neck and the mouses eyes bug out.
    Humane or not. Mice and Rats are filth on feet. Little vermin carries diseases and all manner of human suffering.
    Blow 'em to Hades with a shotgun if you have to.
    Funny, I am not afraid of snakes or spiders, but ever since I was about 13 years old and I had a fieldmouse run up the pantleg of my bib's, and I had to squash him, I ain't been right in the head when it comes to a mouse or a rat.
    You let one run across my path and I am up on the nearest table screaming like a ten year old girl and I am not ashamed to admit it...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

$139 today at my Rural King

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    $139 today at my Rural King
    Amazon leaf blower price is $119.

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCE100...6594798&sr=8-2