Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smart TV Question

Re: Smart TV Question

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Thats the one,

It was the Walmart early black friday sale or something. The wife said it was just a four day sale early in the month.
    The TV is slim and trim with a really good picture. And the sound is alright, I just prefer at least a dedicated sound bar.
    That’s the one the wife picked up yesterday. I looked and it got good reviews. The complaints on the Walmart site seemed to all be delivery issues. Our two-year old granddaughter was with us until late in the evening, so we’ll try to get it installed after the UK game against Florida today.

Well, the began installing the ONN my wife got yesterday. Mounted the wall mount and plugged it in, but the screen was busted. Boxed it back up and my wife took it back to Walmart to exchange it. They didn’t have any of them in stock, so she got a 4K UHD 58 inch Vizio for $100 less than the ONN was. It must have been a Black Friday deal as it wasn’t listed on their website as being available in the store, and was $150 off.

The sound isn’t as good as our 12 year old Samsung.

It isn’t a ROKU TV, but has a lot of apps already on it, including YouTube TV. Walmart had a ROKU for $18, so we got one of those to add to the possible streaming services. Philo and Sling aren’t currently available as apps for the Vizio and I don’t want to smartcast them from a phone or tablet.

^Good call on buying the Roku stick to go with it. They're relatively inexpensive and make up for any shortcomings in the built-in apps in your new TV. Many people prefer to go with a stand-alone box (Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV), anyway.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    ^Good call on buying the Roku stick to go with it. They're relatively inexpensive and make up for any shortcomings in the built-in apps in your new TV. Many people prefer to go with a stand-alone box (Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV), anyway.
    I’ll have to get a second ROKU device for our bedroom TV when I cut the cord, so this will let me try this one before getting the second. My daughter has Disney+ and set that account up on our TV so we can use it with the youngest granddaughter.

It does look like I will need to get a new hotspot. This one has had issues streaming video the last few months, but hadn’t had previous issues. ATT now offers a 5G hotspot, and that should help with the stalling issues.