Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

China suggests Italy may be the birthplace of COVID-19

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-...id-19-pandemic

The World Health Organization has admitted it is possible that the virus “silently circulated elsewhere” before it was detected in Wuhan.

And we all know that the WHO is a perfectly trustworthy agency of the United Nations right?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: China suggests Italy may be the birthplace of COVID-19

A team of World Health Organization scientists said on Tuesday in China that the coronavirus had probably first spread to humans through an animal and was “extremely unlikely” to have been the result of a lab accident.

The findings, delivered after 12 days of field work by the team visiting Wuhan,
    China, were the first step in a painstaking process to trace the pandemic’s origins, a question that is critical to helping prevent a recurrence.

“All the work that has been done on the virus and trying to identify its origin continue to point toward a natural reservoir,” said Dr. Peter K. Ben Embarek, a food safety scientist with the W.H.O. who is leading the team of experts. He was speaking at a news conference in Wuhan, the city where the coronavirus was first discovered late in 2019.

Dr. Embarek dismissed the idea that the virus might have emerged from a laboratory in Wuhan, a theory that has gained currency among some officials and experts in the United States and elsewhere. “It was very unlikely that anything could escape from such a place,” he said, citing safety protocols.

12 days huh? What a joke
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Does anyone else really believe this tripe? Which is exactly what it is.
    And just the fact that the WHO said it while IN CHINA during this so-called investigation just suggests to me that the WHO people may have been "persuaded" by the damn Communists to lay the blame for this garbage at someone else's door.

Yeah i have about zero faith in what the Chinese government says and i also believe nobody here currently wants to point the finger at them publicly because we want to ease tensions with China with the new administration. I hope behind closed doors we arent as forgiving as we appear to be.

As for the virus being created in a lab, i mean i could buy that theory on several levels but as i understand there would be some evidence of that in the genome testing of the virus correct? You can't create things in a lab in short order and it not show up as human intervention. However, i suppose it could have been grown and fostered, to the degree it may have taken 50 years to mold this virus into what may have never occurred or may have taken 5000 years to occur naturally. That seems believable. Then we have to figure out a motive for the biological warfare, which is likely the easiest part of this.
    Go Cats!

I only know one expert and person I trust to tell it like it is, and that's our own Pedro.

Where doesn't matter to me as much as why it wasn't better contained in our country.
    Last edited by kingcat; 02-17-2021 at 05:19 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I only know one expert and person I trust to tell it like it is, and that's our own Pedro.

Where doesn't matter to me as much as why it wasn't better contained in our country.
    It's all Trump's fault. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    It's all Trump's fault. ��
    Honestly, there are other people farther down the chain, and agencies that should have been on top of the covid threat and any other danger approaching our shores. For all the "intelligence" organizations, and their self proclaimed efficiency, we were no better protected than a third world country.
    And certainly unprepared as a nation even before Trump.

Trump wasn't alone in being unprepared. It was a national failure imo. But he should have kept his lack of education on the matter to himself though I think. Just wanting and needing it to go away, and concern about political damage control wasn't a good look.
    Last edited by kingcat; 02-17-2021 at 11:20 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

As you said Pedro is a great source but just how do you think the US should have contained covid.
    My mother in law has not been outside nor seen her family in person for over a year.
    Guess a mandatory stay in your basement order would have helped.
    Meanwhile close to 700,000 died from cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    As you said Pedro is a great source but just how do you think the US should have contained covid.
    My mother in law has not been outside nor seen her family in person for over a year.
    Not going to argue something that has been rehashed over and over here. A united front on the necessity of wearing masks and social distancing would have saved countless thousands of lives. Stating it would be over in a couple of months and everything would be back to normal was a huge, huge mistake and an embarrassment. These things have been discussed over and over,.

As for coming here to argue politics or the like, that wasn't my intent. And I certainly wont try to argue with anyone who thinks the USA handled the virus well in the first few months..that would be an unnecessary waste of mental energy.

And as for comparing a virus to cancer, I just don't know how to respond.

Never been a fan from day one

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    I appreciate the support from everyone, I just try to give insight into things which I am lucky to understand the science behind and/or work with directly. To cut through the spin and the bullshit or to give context to a murky situation.

When it comes to the theory about it escaping from a lab, it strikes me as remotely possible but very unlikely:

1. It was NOT developed in a lab, it has none of the thumbprints of lab development and has all of the thumbprints of natural evolution
    2. If it was not lab developed, this means they isolated it from the wild where it was already spreading. In which case, the escape from the lab becomes an unnecessary step (Occam's Razor), it was already in the wild.

I think this idea is pushed heavily because it is actually misinformation intended to protect the real source. I think the most likely source is either the factory mink farms (for furs) or the factory meat farms in the region. Both of these are VERY VERY profitable and are owned either by the state or individuals VERY well connected to the state. In particular the mink farms are interesting because we discovered in Denmark (I believe) that this virus RAPIDLY and heavily infects minks.