Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: I have rejected this so far...but I'm weakening....car insurance monitoring

I have rejected this so far...but I'm weakening....car insurance monitoring

As of Saturday, I will have 7 cars and 6 drivers on my car insurance. It's a disaster. Only one teenager on my insurance now, but....

Anyway, I was asking my agent today if there was anything I could do to lower premiums. He told me they offered an app now that would monitor driving of each person. He said that if you agreed to it, you automaticaly received a 15% discount, and if you were a "really good driver," you'd get up to 30%.

15% off my premium is a healthy sum.

But...monitoring my driving? I dunno...

Anybody do this with their insurance company?

Re: I have rejected this so far...but I'm weakening....car insurance monitoring

No sir I do not and if the discount is dependent on driving the posted speed limit it would be of no use to me. Could even wind up costing me a bundle.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

I switched to State Farm. Saved about 2k per year. House and car. Agent told me about the monitoring option. I said I drive fast so that is probably a bad idea. He said he drives fast as well and did not have the monitoring on his car either

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

I was going to ask him if I got a discount because of my radar detector, too, but figured that wouldn't work.

If "everybody gets 15% discount," do you think that a pattern of speeding would change that over time?

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    If "everybody gets 15% discount," do you think that a pattern of speeding would change that over time?
    When my agent didn't have it, that told me I didn't want to find out lol

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

The drawback means my agent knows how much time and how often I go to strip clubs and crack houses

Fab Five

I strongly recommend you pass on the monitoring. You may find out things about your family you don't really want to know.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I strongly recommend you pass on the monitoring. You may find out things about your family you don't really want to know.
    That--is probably the single best argument against getting it.

I'm declining it. You guys have convinced me.

I worked for Allstate for 20+ years. They had a lot of data on their insurers and some claimants prior to digital monitoring.
    So I’ll never participate in such. That data is used, and sold......

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    I worked for Allstate for 20+ years. They had a lot of data on their insurers and some claimants prior to digital monitoring.
    So I’ll never participate in such. That data is used, and sold......
    I was hoping you might see this and post.

Good enough. I hate to give up a discount, but there are prices to pay that may not be in our best interest.