Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Lockdown panic shopping, November edition

Lockdown panic shopping, November edition

The wife and I went to Kroger in Morehead to do some shopping to prepare for Thanksgiving. We intentionally went on a Monday morning expecting crowds to be light and freshly stocked shelves to be full.

Wrong! The parking lot was crazy, as was the store. People definitely appear to be stocking up for another COVID lockdown. I saw one lady with three of the huge packages of toilet paper, looked to be maybe 36 roll packages.

Just putting this out to warn everyone about what is going on and what to expect if you plan on an resupply missions.

Re: Lockdown panic shopping, November edition

i wish I could find it, but over the weekend I saw that there were only 2 or 3 counties in Kentucky that aren't red (which I think means 25 cases/100,000 people).

For a long time Jefferson County was the hottest of the hot spots but many of the rural counties are now higher than Jefferson County in terms of cases/100K.

IMHO a lot of people are seeing this and concerned Gov Breshear is going to issue some orders. So you get the panic buying we had in the spring.

I'll say the one thing I liked (kind of) about the spring was the stores limiting how many could be in the store at one time. It felt a lot more comfortable, even if it meant spending more time in line.

ETA: OK, here's a link to Kentucky's Covid dashboard:

https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...3fee0bd55b140c

According to this, 103/120 Kentucky counties are 25 cases/100K or greater. Every county is 10 cases/100K or greater.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 11-16-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Thanks, Keith.

I went Saturday morning and found just the opposite with the exception of the hot items that have never really recovered from the first panic spree. (toilet paper, disinfectant wipes and spray cleaner, hand sanitizer, alcohol) While the stock on those have recovered the shelves are never really full, and the brands are still off the wall brands.

The grocery shelves with Thanksgiving items were overflowing and there were multiple displays throughout the store that had Thanksgiving items stocked as well. (turkeys, stuffing ingredients, pie making ingredients, sweet potatoes etc)

Everybody is hoarding stuff they won’t need if locked down... even when the last lock down occurred grocery stores were still open with essential status. With the holiday gathering restrictions being suggested, obviously not a lot of people are cooking large Thanksgiving feasts so the inventory isn’t moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

My wife had an Rx at the Morehead Walmart to pick up. We do a lot of grocery shopping for my octogenarian parents, and Mom wanted a package of Eckrich bologna. They had no lunch meats at all, no soups, and a lot of their other normal items were gone as well.

Maybe by going on Saturday I beat the panic crowd. I better make a mid week reconnaissance trip.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

May depend on location. I texted my wife, and she went to the grocery store after a PT appointment she had, and everything was fine, no crowds, and supplies for everything. She still stocked up on some things just in case (hey, we're Alabama. Even the speed of sound is slower here).

Virginia...

@TylerJThrasher: Greaaaaat....

Here we go again.

https://twitter.com/TylerJThrasher/s...294592/photo/1

@samgavinLA: The Costco in Los Feliz is out of toilet paper but a guy working there says they'll probably put some out tomorrow morning at 8 a.m... also it was astonishingly crowded

Walmart returning to counting shoppers, limits on purchases:

https://www.stltoday.com/business/wa...c7243eb29.html
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

(hey, we're Alabama. Even the speed of sound is slower here).
    You folks can hear a snow forecast 3 days before it happens
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    You folks can hear a snow forecast 3 days before it happens
    I actually can't disagree with this.

I guess I spoke too soon, the morning shows are informing/inciting everyone that panic buying has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I guess I spoke too soon, the morning shows are informing/inciting everyone that panic buying has returned.

I literally laughed out loud when I read this. Too true.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    May depend on location. I texted my wife, and she went to the grocery store after a PT appointment she had, and everything was fine, no crowds, and supplies for everything. She still stocked up on some things just in case (hey, we're Alabama. Even the speed of sound is slower here).
    As a follow-up, one of my wife's friends texted her last night and she was at the grocery and it was packed, with "certain" products in short supply.

Told you we were just slow.

Thanks again for the heads-up, Keith.

The local Dollar General got in a stock of TP this morning, apparently it did not last long. I may need to check our TP supplies and stock up when I get a chance. We planned to get a package at Sam’s last weekend, but the we’re out of the Member’s Mark brand. They had boxes of Pom, but my wife didn’t know if it was good TP or John Wayne TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    As a follow-up, one of my wife's friends texted her last night and she was at the grocery and it was packed, with "certain" products in short supply.

Told you we were just slow.

Thanks again for the heads-up, Keith.
    I heard on the news this morning that TP, hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes, etc. are all in short supply many places. Rural King had lots of hand sanitizer last weekend if anyone is looking for a less obvious place to find it.

Couldn't find any TP around town, so stocked up at Home depot with sandpaper.

They were running short on 300 grit, but still had plenty of 200. When they get down to 60 and 80 you'll know it's bad.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

They were running short on 300 grit, but still had plenty of 200. When they get down to 60 and 80 you'll know it's bad.
    60 and 80 grit still beats the Brillo pads.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

Go to the pet store and buy a few small rabbits and a bottle of pet shampoo. Two things there will never be a shortage of.

Go to the pet store and buy a few small rabbits and a bottle of pet shampoo. Two things there will never be a shortage of.

Now I know why you talk in code. It keeps you from getting arrested.

Maybe Sears should bring back their Christmas catalog.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I stopped by Kroger’s on the way to work yesterday morning after seeing the hysteria on the news. The hoard item shelves TP, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, disinfectant spray cleaner, alcohol were all full.

I grabbed a pack/cnt of each as we were actually low on everything but hand sanitizer. When I checked out I asked the checkout lady when she thought the panic would begin, she told me it already had and the shelves were empty the day before and I got lucky because a truck had just come in and they had just stocked the shelves...

Note to self... truck comes on Tuesday night.

I stopped by Kroger’s on the way to work yesterday morning after seeing the hysteria on the news. The hoard item shelves TP, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, disinfectant spray cleaner, alcohol were all full.

I grabbed a pack/cnt of each as we were actually low on everything but hand sanitizer. When I checked out I asked the checkout lady when she thought the panic would begin, she told me it already had and the shelves were empty the day before and I got lucky because a truck had just come in and they had just stocked the shelves...

Note to self... truck comes on Tuesday night.

Tuesday for Kroger makes sense. Their normal ads run Wednesday to Tuesday.