Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Astrophotography...

Astrophotography...

Does anyone on here have any experience with astrophotography? I've been studying the ins and outs and know that the key will be getting a good heavy duty motorized mount. I'm focused on Meade or Celestron for the mount. I'm more curious about the camera. Should I go with a dedicated astro CCD camera are go with an DSLR?

Re: Astrophotography...

Star trails, shooting the ISS, lots of moon shots, but I have no experience with telescopes or tracking. There are a few great astro forums out there that I have read on occasion. If you would like links to them, just let me know.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Dan, if you would, go ahead and post the links so I can bookmark them. I've been reading the Cloudy Nights website but would like to know about others. I'm probably 6 months to a year from make the initial steps but I always like reading the opinions of those who have done it.

This is probably the best of the best forum for beginners and pros as well.

Cloudy Nights

Ooops you already know about this one. Honestly if one can not learn what they need to know there, it probably is not worth knowing. I will check and see if I have other bookmarks.
    seeya
    dan

Dan, I have to agree, that's a great site.

This is not a forum, but I think it is well worth a look

Classic Astrohotography
    seeya
    dan

Dan, I hadn't seen that site before.

Understandable as it is a site for film buffs, but a lo of the info is valuable for digital as well, or at least I see it that way.
    seeya
    dan

Yeah, I shot film for years but moved over to the digital camera a few years ago. I used to read the APUG camera site quite bit. I still think about getting a Nikon F4 just for the heck of it. There cool as heck.

I shot with a Minolta XGM for 25 years until it died, and I moved to digital. Still have a fondness for film as well, enough so that I picked up a Canon 1N a year ago just to satisfy the need to force myself to think more and compose more before I squeeze the shutter button.
    seeya
    dan

Nice pick up on the Canon 1N! Film does make you think a bit more before you fire the shutter. It's one of things I still try and do with the digital camera.

Really worried when I opened this thread that we were talking about camera night at the Spearmint Rhino.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.