Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Name One Nation As Tolerant, Giving To Minorities As America

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Name One Nation As Tolerant, Giving To Minorities As America

These people that trash America can move or better yet...go straight to Hell.

Darryl

Re: Name One Nation As Tolerant, Giving To Minorities As America

I can name many, but you asked for one.

Canada

You haven’t been to only French speaking parts of Quebec....if you can’t speak French, tolerance is out the window.....
    Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    I can name many, but you asked for one.

Canada

This is as true as the day is long....
    C7ECE5C8-1F65-4ADA-9090-1E29E6DB588E.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    You haven’t been to only French speaking parts of Quebec....if you can’t speak French, tolerance is out the window.....
    I have been and have not had that reaction. Regardless, it still wouldn’t change the reality that Canada is one of many countries that treats minorities better than we do in America.

Even Quebecers see themselves as racist.... CBC has done an exposé on the subject. Try being Muslim in Quebec and see what happens....or the fact my coworker in Quebec City was black when I last had to work up there. It was insanely racist.
    I haven’t experienced that in Ontario or Alberta which my employer had sent me.

I am so tired of this narrative that we treat minorities badly.
    Get out and get a damn job, be respectful and earn your respect and stop asking for a handout.
    That’s the biggest problem wanting a free ride.
    I had to work hard to get to the position I am at so know it can be done.
    If I was a minority I would be upset with the fact the every thing is cheapened meaning we are making the school curriculum so much easier so that each will not be left behind and here in the state teacher are no longer required to get a masters so once again we can hire minorities.
    Not how I remember America.

Even Quebecers see themselves as racist.... CBC has done an exposé on the subject. Try being Muslim in Quebec and see what happens....or the fact my coworker in Quebec City was black when I last had to work up there. It was insanely racist.
    I haven’t experienced that in Ontario or Alberta which my employer had sent me.
    So, you are saying that Quebec is a lot like the Deep South? I never said racism doesn’t exist in Canada, but they certainly treat minorities better than our country.

In the US, it’s a constant fight on how we suppress minorities.

Just in the last three years, we have stolen their children, performed forced hysterectomies, tried to take away their health insurance, have traded their lives for personal freedoms, continue to watch those sworn to protect unnecessarily take their lives away, piss all over a global movement that says their lives matter and tell them to shut up and dribble.

I can’t say that, just as you can’t make the assertion you are making correctly. Turn your politcal filter off and maybe you can make a proper assumption.
    I’ve experienced it in Quebec simply due to having a black, Muslim man working on my team and having it happen multiple times during a 6 week span for it to be coincidence. It was not directed at me, but standing there hearing it directly was uncomfortable at a minimum. I’ve worked in Macau China and had racism directed at me point blank too, much more than once to be a coincidence.
    Do I think it exists in the US? Certainly. I have an adopted mix race daughter who faced it full on from a public school system within in the state of Kentucky. So I’m aware it exists, painfully so through my daughter
    However, to assert its worse in the US than in Canada, or anywhere else you choose to list is a stretch.

I just envy you guys getting to travel so much. I've never been out of the lower states. Been coast to coast however. West coast as a pre-teen.

Seems I always go south..

Tolerant isnt a word I would choose however.
    We are all Americans and equal in every way.

And there is no special color, race, or creed to our God other than his chosen people, the Hebrews. All others are considered Gentile and in Christ we are children of the sacred adoption.

That chosen nation is the children of Shem which includes the ancient Assyrians, Elamites, Arameans, Lyddians, and other Semitic peoples.
    One group of Semites gave rise to the Arabs, Hebrews, Moabites, Ammonites, Edumeans and others.

As Caucasians we are of the children of Yefet.

Then there are the children of Ham which includes the ancient Egyptians, Canaanites, Nubians, Bantu (and sub-Saharan Africans in general), and many others.

All three are the sons of the Biblical Patriarch Noah. Who my grandson is named after by the way.
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-15-2020 at 09:29 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

At the time, it was stressful. Now that I look back on it, it was some of my most meaningful times. Especially when my family was able to go with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I just envy you guys getting to travel so much. I've never been out of the lower states. Been coast to coast however. West coast as a pre-teen.

Seems I always go south..

Tolerant isnt a word I would choose however.
    We are all Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    These people that trash America can move or better yet...go straight to Hell.

Darryl
    Two quick responses to this:

1. I have not been to every country in the world so it would be really hard to answer where else is more tolerant. Every country I have been has people in it that are racist. Some more than others. I do think the United States has done a lot to address it and I do believe we are one of the most tolerant nations in the world overall.
    2. As to your exact statement about "trashing America"....stating things that need to be improved is not "trashing America". We can always continue to make progress and improvements. But, this is a great country with far more good in it Imo than bad.
    Having said that, 50+% of Americans just voted for Joe Biden. And if you read this board, that majority has been called about every name in the book. That is "trashing America"?
    Why is calling out racism where one sees it or saying some changes need to be made "trashing America" but actually calling the majority of Americans "stupid people who will lead to the destruction of America" not?
    Conservatives/Republicans do not have a monopoly on loving America or Patriotism.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Two quick responses to this:

1. I have not been to every country in the world so it would be really hard to answer where else is more tolerant. Every country I have been has people in it that are racist. Some more than others. I do think the United States has done a lot to address it and I do believe we are one of the most tolerant nations in the world overall.
    2. As to your exact statement about "trashing America"....stating things that need to be improved is not "trashing America". We can always continue to make progress and improvements. But, this is a great country with far more good in it Imo than bad.
    Having said that, 50+% of Americans just voted for Joe Biden. And if you read this board, that majority has been called about every name in the book. That is "trashing America"?
    Why is calling out racism where one sees it or saying some changes need to be made "trashing America" but actually calling the majority of Americans "stupid people who will lead to the destruction of America" not?
    Conservatives/Republicans do not have a monopoly on loving America or Patriotism.
    Amen

Good night all. We'll do this again tomorrow probably.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I can’t say that, just as you can’t make the assertion you are making correctly. Turn your politcal filter off and maybe you can make a proper assumption.
    I’ve experienced it in Quebec simply due to having a black, Muslim man working on my team and having it happen multiple times during a 6 week span for it to be coincidence. It was not directed at me, but standing there hearing it directly was uncomfortable at a minimum. I’ve worked in Macau China and had racism directed at me point blank too, much more than once to be a coincidence.
    Do I think it exists in the US? Certainly. I have an adopted mix race daughter who faced it full on from a public school system within in the state of Kentucky. So I’m aware it exists, painfully so through my daughter
    However, to assert its worse in the US than in Canada, or anywhere else you choose to list is a stretch.
    It is not a stretch. I listed several things that we do in this nation to minorities that Canada does not do. I'll add one more very important one to the list, incarceration. Canada does have it problems, but it pales in comparison to the incarceration rates per capita in the US and minorities.

One and Done

It is not a stretch. I listed several things that we do in this nation to minorities that Canada does not do. I'll add one more very important one to the list, incarceration. Canada does have it problems, but it pales in comparison to the incarceration rates per capita in the US and minorities.
    Who championed the mandatory minimum sentences for drug offenses that are cited as a key reason that US incarceration rates are so high?

How is that even a discussion, murders are at an all time high here in our city and 95% are black on black because there are 25-30 gangs fighting for turf and drugs.
    Last edited by catmanjack; 11-16-2020 at 12:04 PM.

We will Likely have some agreement on this subject, simply because our government has made it a for profit thing now in the prison system.
    With that being said, you are equating ignorance of the law with being racist. Ignorance of the law and its consequences isn’t racist..it’s just plain ignorance.
    Enforcement of that law has been racist, but ignorance of the law has put many of those folks in that position with law enforcement. Not all the time, but much of the time.