Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: OK...now this is what I am hunting for....

OK...now this is what I am hunting for....

I want a microphone stand--looking at desktop (for where I am now) or the clamp type (for when I "move" in a couple of months. There are ten tons of those available, so I don't need help finding that.

Something like this....

or even a scissor arm stand might work. But him those are easy to find. Where I need your help is this.... the actual clip.

I do not have a round microphone that I want to use this microphone stand for. Instead, it is a dictation microphone. I want to use it so that I can place it next to the keyboard and not have to hold it. Here's what it looks like:

The problem is, all the microphone clips, or clip holder, seems to be made of hard plastic and made for a round microphone to slip into. I really need something with a flexible clip holder

Any ideas? I have even thought about even trying to make one myself out of a gooseneck lamp that I have, removing the lamp portion at the top, and trying to rig something like flexible wire at the top. That may be what I end up doing, but I was looking for a little more elegant solution than that.

I hope this makes sense. It may not.

Re: OK...now this is what I am hunting for....

Maybe I'll get something like this....putting a strip of something underneath bottom prongs (cell phone holder) and just rest it there. Maybe even a rubber band.

Could then use it to hold an ipad or cell phone too.

Re: OK...now this is what I am hunting for....

There are many different types of clips and shock mounts. Some get rather expensive.

The shape is not unlike many studio mics. This is an example..
    https://www.lunchboxaudio.com/se-ele...nd-pop-filter/

You can shop that site and likely come up with a solution for any type mic, but might I suggest using something like you show above and just use the amount of self adhesive velcro it takes to securely hold the mic, yet little enough to make it easy to remove also. Doesnt take much of the quality V to do the trick.
    No musician can get by without the stuff.

Then again, maybe the Apogee ONE Mic Mount would fit ..
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-14-2020 at 01:14 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

OK...now this is what I am hunting for....

Thanks, sir, excellent advice.