Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

List your favorite podcasts!

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Darrell have you listened to “to live and die in la” yet? Man I liked that one.

I’ve been doing some Conan podcasts lately and the Willie Nelson one is gold. I like hearing Conan talk to people that you wouldn’t think would like his comedy as much. He’s great!
    I started it, but I started it as a thing to listen to (with headphones) before going to sleep. So I didn't want to start it in the middle with my wife and I didn't want to start over. I haven't been listening to audio podcasts lately at home so I'm kinda stuck there after a few episodes.

Re: List your favorite podcasts!

Bttt did not want to lose this thread.

I will have a 3 hour drive Saturday and a 3 hour drive Sunday, and then a 3 hour drive a week from Friday and a 3 hour drive a week from Saturday.

THEN...

Sometime the next week, it is looking like around a 2400 mile roundtrip, give or take. Not sure yet where my daughter will be working, but will be helping moving her.

Sometime the next week, it is looking like around a 2400 mile roundtrip, give or take. Not sure yet where my daughter will be working, but will be helping moving her.
    You going to make that a 2 day trip, or are you going to have to take a boat for part of the journey?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    You going to make that a 2 day trip, or are you going to have to take a boat for part of the journey?
    2 days each way, I guess. 2 up, 2 back.

That's approximate, because I still don't know what the destination is.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Bttt did not want to lose this thread.
    catmanjack, good thinking. I made it a sticky at the top of the board.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Thanks a lot!
    Started to live and die in LA, really enjoying and well done.

Being in Virginia and catching up on my history i found a solid podcast, "Virginia History Podcast", by Robert Van Ness which starts with the early settlers. It isnt going to blow you away entertainment-wise, but i like it and it served my purpose to give me a quick overview of the area.
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    2 days each way, I guess. 2 up, 2 back.

That's approximate, because I still don't know what the destination is.
    Update...still don't know. She got a break because one of the jobs was going to have her start 5/17. She graduates 5/15, and was going to hate to have to miss graduation for this job. It's not like it's a permanent career job, either...just a stepping stone. Anyway, they offered her 5/24 to start instead, so it put that one back in the running. Odds are I will be in the car by myself on the way "up," and wife will be in car on the way "back," so I'll need to have two separate podcasts (I wouldn't want to be six episodes in on one podcast, and my wife have to listen to Episode # 7 on the way back, ya know?) I'll post when I know expected times, and maybe this group can help me figure out two good podcasts to use.

One is 996 miles one way (Guessing 600 miles Day 1, 400 Day 2; and then reverse on Day 4 and 5).
    The other is 1086 miles one way (Probably 600 miles Day 1, 500 Day 2, and then reverse).

I'm already dreading it.

Do you have to subscribe to receive the podcast? Some to this point I have listened to by finding them on the web but others I have trouble finding.

Do you have to subscribe to receive the podcast? Some to this point I have listened to by finding them on the web but others I have trouble finding.
    All of the nes I’m listening to are free on apple podcast through the app on any apple device. I’ve never tried it but it looks like you can make an Apple ID without a device and go to podcastconnect.apple.com and listen, try that if you need to.
    Go Cats!

I use Castbox to play all the podcasts here on my android phone. There are a bunch of apps, not sure but I think somebody here recommended that one and it's very easy to use and easy to find whatever podcast you want. If you want, you can subscribe, but you don't have to, and you don't have to go on the web for them.

Just finished listening to in the red clay, the story of Bobby Sunday Birt, the deadliest man in Georgia.
    Was really good.

Just started listening to a new podcast, "Films To Be Buried With," hosted by Brett Goldstein, who's Roy Kent on Ted Lasso. The premise is you've died and people are trying to learn more about you by the movies you liked, including the one movie you want to be buried with. Guests include Ricky Gervais, Jim Gaffigan, Judd Apatow, Kevin Pollack, Bobcat Goldthwait, etc.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Just started listening to a new podcast, "Films To Be Buried With," hosted by Brett Goldstein, who's Roy Kent on Ted Lasso. The premise is you've died and people are trying to learn more about you by the movies you liked, including the one movie you want to be buried with. Guests include Ricky Gervais, Jim Gaffigan, Judd Apatow, Kevin Pollack, Bobcat Goldthwait, etc.
    Sounds good I may have to give that a listen!
    Go Cats!

I got into a spell of listening to murder podcast recently and did Bonaparte, bone valley, foxhunter, and the todt family. I liked Bonaparte and foxhunter pretty well and the todt family is interesting but slow.
    Go Cats!

Theo von. It’s pretty crass and can get a bit mundane at times but when he gets going on a subject you’ve never heard more truthful humor. It’s called this past weekend. It’ll grow on you for sure. I supposed he’s a top comedian these days.
    Go Cats!

I've been listening to a lot of Dateline NBC recently, along with Crime Junkie. Crime Junkie got a lot better when they did two things - first, they began attribution to the sources they were using. They took a lot of criticism for taking other people's work and just basically pretending like it was their own. I find that saying things like I couldn't find anything on this, but according to an article from The Herald Leader, the father had a secret mistress... Etc.

I think rather than it sounding worse, it sounds a lot better, and is the right thing to do anyway.

Secondly, the co-host of the show was generally unbearable to me for many episodes. I told my wife when we were listening to it that it sounded like she was drunk. You know how sometimes your friends or you may have a little too much to drink and you just laugh at everything and are too loud. Well, it turns out that she had an alcohol problem and went into rehab facility and was absent from the show for a long time. Now that she is back, I find that she has been very good at bouncing things off, it's much more soft spoken, and doesn't have these impulsive outbursts. I am a huge fan of someone who fights through any kind of addiction, and I am rooting for her and the show now.

Most if not all of the Dateline NBC podcasts are really the television show that features murders. I rarely watch television, so that works out very well for me. They are very professionally done, as you would expect.

I have had so many three and a half to four hour car rides in the last 2 months that I don't know how many podcasts I've listened to. So, so many.