Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Social Media options

Social Media options

I am "transitioning" away from facebook for several reasons. I am exploring my options and want some input and help tweeking. I have set up accounts with

Parler despite Wikipedia describing it as a "significant user base of Trump supporters, conservatives, and Saudi nationalists. Posts on the website often contain far-right content, antisemitism, and conspiracy theories." Of course that made it more desirable to me. Only thing I wish it had was more devil worshiping and human sacrifice protocols. My problem with them is that every time I log in I have to enter my user name, password, then go thru a Captcha, then I get a text message with a code to be entered. Seems like a real pain in the ass unless that whole multi-tiered security can be nixed in the setting, but I can't find it

MeWe I actually like this one so far. I did set up a University of Kentucky but have yet to find a way to have it appear when you "browse group". I can invite by link but don't know how to get people to find it thru browsing groups. my profile and University of Kentucky group

What other options are there?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Re: Social Media options

You seem like a My Space guy!
    Real Fan since 1958

If you lean left, Liker is the platform for you.

Social Media options

Front Porch for social non-contentious, Barber Shop for more contentious!

Or MySpace. Is that still a thing? I remember it...

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Front Porch for social non-contentious, Barber Shop for more contentious!
    Or MySpace. Is that still a thing? I remember it...
    That was going to be my suggestion.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I tried Tinder but some chick with an Adam's apple kept inviting me out for coffee. Not sure why though
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    If you lean left, Liker is the platform for you.

Definitely NOT an option

Doc you might be a plenty of fish guy.

I’m on Facebook (too political), Instagram (owned by Facebook), and Twitter (rarely use). I’d like an alternative myself, some place where my siblings and I can gather without blowing up my phone with text messages. The younger crowd uses Snapchat and a couple of others they don’t want old people like me on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I’m on Facebook (too political), Instagram (owned by Facebook), and Twitter (rarely use). I’d like an alternative myself, some place where my siblings and I can gather without blowing up my phone with text messages. The younger crowd uses Snapchat and a couple of others they don’t want old people like me on lol.
    This is me

Rupp's Runt

I don't think there any good options. I have Facebook but I have unfollowed just about everyone except for Doc. My Facebook is pretty much narrowed down to the news and interest I want to read. The messenger part is handy.

I've signed up for Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter. Those platforms are just not what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I tried Tinder but some chick with an Adam's apple kept inviting me out for coffee. Not sure why though
    Is this her?

809A7EAA-A672-4FCA-AA81-0D3D1AC3BC6B.jpg
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 11-12-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Shim or this one

Social Media options

"I'm going to ask you for the fifth time to stop calling me a man. Because quite clearly, I am not."

Uhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    "I'm going to ask you for the fifth time to stop calling me a man. Because quite clearly, I am not."

Uhh...
    He did have a purse.

Dang, I did it too! Luckily I dont have a corporate #

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

She/he certainly does not act like a lady.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    He did have a purse.

Dang, I did it too! Luckily I dont have a corporate #
    So does Ron White. Still doesn't make you a chick.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.