Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Anyone use hearing aids?

I have a constant ringing in my ears and Dr. Thinks I have hearing loss. I cannot hear a cricket in the house that is driving my wife crazy.

I just scheduled a hearing test at Costco so likely to buy there (Looks like price is somewhere between $1500 for a normal pair to $2800 for in ear canal with bluetooth).

anyone have any experience with others and prices?

Re: Anyone use hearing aids?

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    I cannot hear a cricket in the house that is driving my wife crazy.
    In my house, that would be a win-win.

Oh, I'm sorry and don't mean to detract from your question. I just couldn't resist the dumb joke.

I've been a big Costco fan for a long time, so I would think their prices are very reasonable. There is a hearing aid place in my office building, literally about 40 feet from my office, but I'm not in my office very often these days and I suspect they sell the same things that Costco would sell, just at higher prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    In my house, that would be a win-win.
    Trust me, I think of it as a win/win! But the Darling wife wants to make sure I hear her!

Wish I could get my mother to get tested. She doesn't listen, whether she hears you or not. lol.

My ex wife got a very expensive pair, I can find out the brand, and really liked them but doesn't wear them. See above. She thought the canal type were fine, she just didn't do it.

My friend from high school has been legally deaf his whole life, and has the in-canal type with all the fancy stuff, and really likes the fit and wear over the ones he had that were behind his ear. also they are just better at picking up sounds as they are sitting in the place where your ear is funneling the sound, as opposed to behind it.

That's all 3rd hand, and probably not worth much, but those are all the people I know with them. I know my friend really loved when he got the first bluetooth ones for use with his phone.

The new ones with the bluetooth are the way to go IMO simply b/c you can then hook them to your TV, phone, whatever, and get great clarity and also control the volume versus others in the room.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

I'm sure my thoughts on the topic are an outlier, but I am always leery of having a Dr. in a retail establishment performing the examination. I never know if they have a financial interest in equipment sales. There are many causes of ringing in the ears. Some have simple solutions; others more complex. I would want to know the cause before going for the solution. And, I would want to know it from the best trained and most impartial professional.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I'm sure my thoughts on the topic are an outlier, but I am always leery of having a Dr. in a retail establishment performing the examination. I never know if they have a financial interest in equipment sales. There are many causes of ringing in the ears. Some have simple solutions; others more complex. I would want to know the cause before going for the solution. And, I would want to know it from the best trained and most impartial professional.
    I don't think you are an outlier. I fee the same way. I get my glasses from my optometrist, not a store. Of course going to the optometrist then buying them wherever is fine. the optometrist also has a financial interest in selling me glasses, but I feel better that he's primarily making his money on fees for his medical services.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Dad needs one. He bought a cheap one from some place that helps, but the quality is not the best. But it does help his hearing but he won't wear it half of the time.

My wife says I am on track for one....