Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: TS Eta

TS Eta

Looks like the Keys are gonna get super wet later today and tomorrow. After that it is anyone's guess as to where the storm goes. This time of the year when a storm enters the GOM it has a tendency to wander around a while as the steering currents are weak and do not push or pull the storm in one solid direction. Heck I have seen them get hung up in and around the loop current and spin around it for a few days and then die.

Western side of Florida should keep their eyes and ears on the storm as it could spawn tornadoes and pump out lots of rainfall.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: TS Eta

It’s a hurricane now. Out my lanai at the moment it’s fairly calm.
    66EE45C9-1110-4178-8DCE-28DB6742A437.jpeg

I am suppose to fly into Ft Lauderdale tomorrow (am currently in Louisville) so am watching closely
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Be careful, Floridians.

Now at 65 mph, TS at moment. Will be hurricane again early morning. Worst at my location will be from midnight to 8AM. Not too bad now, a lot of ran and an occasional gust of wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Now at 65 mph, TS at moment. Will be hurricane again early morning. Worst at my location will be from midnight to 8AM. Not too bad now, a lot of ran and an occasional gust of wind.
    I know it is not worth much, but IMO the storm may have hit it's peak wind field and velocity. I am guessing it does not make it to 75 mph hurricane velocity.
    seeya
    dan

As of 6 PM. Having seen a couple of these this year, I’m certain that will change by the update later tonight. Attachment 9786

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I am suppose to fly into Ft Lauderdale tomorrow (am currently in Louisville) so am watching closely
    Direct flight or connecting? How early in the morning for arrival?
    seeya
    dan

Pretty mild here compared to what we received from Laura this summer. Coastal Broward got 10+ inches of rain and flooding is resulting. Here in Naples, 2 or 3 inches at most and wind gusts in the 40s

My son and his family literally just moved outside Jacksonville this past weekend.....WELCOME TO FL!

Rupp's Runt

I haven't been down to Moore Haven to check on my house down there in a little over a week, but I have some of my buddies @ the Sheriff's Office checking on it for me until I can drive back down.
    On the bright side, my newly planted banana tree here at my new house is getting plenty of water right now. 😉

Looks sunny and nice in Key West at the moment per the webcams.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

It has run out of steam for the day. Anyone that would like to try their hand at shark tooth hunting should have a great few days in the Venice area, especially Casey Key and Mansota Key on the GOM facing beaches.
    seeya
    dan

ETA is hung up in the middle of the GOM loop current and there is currently nothing to push or pull it out of that attraction. That is likely to change tonight and we should see a slow movement almost due north and an increase of 15 to 20 mpg in storm wind speed intemsity that should last 24 to 36 hours when a weakening and change in direction is likely to occur. NHC is predicting a north west track beginning tonight, and dan_bgblue is forecasting a right hand turn moving the storm toward Tampa. I do not think it is going to make a run at Tampa but the change in direction will look like it is.
    seeya
    dan

We have rain on tap again tomorrow due to the outer bands here in Naples.

Gonna rain all day today....
    Attachment 9789

Upgraded to hurricane status at the 8am update.

Looks like a really bad golf shot.

seeya
    dan