Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Really, some folks are so stupid

Really, some folks are so stupid

You all seen this? Woman alleges man she met on internet dating service raped her, and she is suing the internet site for $10,000,000 dollars claiming they should have known. How about she should have known that some folks who utilize these sites are nut cases. She claims that match.com does not warn its users about the risks. Are you kidding me? Good lord, I wonder if folks are born dumb or they work at it. Even though this guy has convictions for assault etc... how would match.com know? I feel sorry for the woman but its not any internet sites fault. Its the guy who attacked her. No different than if you meet somebody at a bar (is the bar liable?) or on social media (is facebook liable?). Next week she will be suing Nigeria for having a minister of finance who defrauded her.

Additionally, I suspect it won't be too long before some type of legislation comes down the pipe attempting to further regulate/restrict the internet. You can't have the gov't waste another opportunity to meddle into your life. Between this and the Manti Te'o scandal, look for some idiot in congress to use these to get their name out there.
    Last edited by Doc; 01-25-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I could see a market for dating sites that do background checks but obviously that's a service to be offered and charged for and not an obligation.

Thats the problem w government. They want everyone mothered instead of letting the market respond to demand. This site clearly doesnt do those checks and does warrant any such thing. If you're too stupid to not know that that's your fault and if someone is a rapist as you said so well the venue in which you met is hardly responsible.

As you said this is a criminal matter and the fault is w the rapist. I dont even put blame on her but I sure don't put it on the site either.

As steve Dallas said, never ever ever sue a poor person. So they sue anyone remotely involved who may settle and cut a check.

It is a good idea for a site. Anyone want to invest a few mil in startup money w me?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Really, some folks are so stupid

Yes, people are stupid and they are praised and rewarded for their stupidity.

up_and_locked.jpg

Re: Really, some folks are so stupid

I doubt there wasn't some inherent thought about the risk of meeting a stranger through the internet. While I doubt she was looking for trouble, I don't think for a second she didn't think of this as a way to capitalize rather than punitive damage.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.