Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Election results threads

Re: Election results threads

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Trafalgar also missed on several as well. Going through and picking out random polls who miss is easy. As I've said many times...that is why averages of polls is so important.
    The RCP averages have no margin of error. Statistically an average is a terrible measure of central tendency as it is much more subject to fluctuations by outliers than a measure such as the median.

The Trafalgar polls have all been within the margin of error, most of them are much more accurate than any other poll. Pollster Frank Luntz said this morning that the Trump campaign pollster was the most accurate, and apologized to him on air for dismissing his data.

Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin all tried to change this and their legislatures (Republican) wouldn't allow it.
    I wonder if the fact that those states have Democrats for Governor and all 3 of their Attorneys General are Democrats had anything to do with the final decision to not change the vote counting procedure?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Are you saying he will follow All Gore's example?
    Yes and yes. Hated when any Hillary supporters cried foul.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I wonder if the fact that those states have Democrats for Governor and all 3 of their Attorneys General are Democrats had anything to do with the final decision to not change the vote counting procedure?
    No, its the GOP. Same reason Biden never accomplished much as VP or a legislator
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    when in doubt blame the republicans. Tried and true technique that seems to work. So much for not being divisive
    Florida's legislature is Republican as well. And as I said, they do this the right way imo.
    ~Puma~

And to further my point...there are many Dem states with Dem legislatures that do this wrong also (Imo). In today's day and age, its just silly to wait to count.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The RCP averages have no margin of error. Statistically an average is a terrible measure of central tendency as it is much more subject to fluctuations by outliers than a measure such as the median.

The Trafalgar polls have all been within the margin of error, most of them are much more accurate than any other poll. Pollster Frank Luntz said this morning that the Trump campaign pollster was the most accurate, and apologized to him on air for dismissing his data.
    Btw, once all of this is over I will be the first to praise some pollsters and hit some pretty hard. Lots of votes still out there (especially in states that don't matter) so just curious to see how all of this ends up. But ya, not looking very good for them.
    ~Puma~

Btw, once all of this is over I will be the first to praise some pollsters and hit some pretty hard. Lots of votes still out there (especially in states that don't matter) so just curious to see how all of this ends up. But ya, not looking very good for them.
    I’m not sure how many votes the bad polling impacts, but it does impact voters. Close polls drive voters to vote, but lopsided polls can lead to people either not voting or just choosing the candidate that is ahead in the polls.

I’m not sure how many votes the bad polling impacts, but it does impact voters. Close polls drive voters to vote, but lopsided polls can lead to people either not voting or just choosing the candidate that is ahead in the polls.
    It certainly hurt Clinton in 2016. I don't think it hurt nearly as much this year (on either side) because everyone was more skeptical of the polls, especially Trump voters.
    ~Puma~

Florida's legislature is Republican as well. And as I said, they do this the right way imo.
    So I fuess it NOT the GOP's fault
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

So I fuess it NOT the GOP's fault
    That's my point! I didn't say it was the GOP's fault. I said that Michigan, PA and Wisconsin tried to change their rules months ago to allow early voting to be counted early...to help with what they knew would be an enormous amount during a pandemic. And their legislatures, which are Republican, said no.
    In other states, their legislatures are dem....and still do it wrong. And in Florida theirs is Republican....and still do it right.
    ~Puma~

That's my point! I didn't say it was the GOP's fault. I said that Michigan, PA and Wisconsin tried to change their rules months ago to allow early voting to be counted early...to help with what they knew would be an enormous amount during a pandemic. And their legislatures, which are Republican, said no.
    In other states, their legislatures are dem....and still do it wrong. And in Florida theirs is Republican....and still do it right.
    The issue in PA is the legislature did not change the dates for accepting ballots...the SCOPA did. And because of that, despite state rights superiority, if it comes down to SCOTUS I think they will rull all those ballots ineligible.

Kentucky really has a nice system. You have to request an absentee ballot to receive one. When you send it back you can verify online that it is received. When you vote or early vote you hand them your driver’s license they scan the QR code thing on the back of it and sign the electronic signature thing. My county does the optical readers, so you bubble in your ballot and run it through the machine as you exit.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    The issue in PA is the legislature did not change the dates for accepting ballots...the SCOPA did. And because of that, despite state rights superiority, if it comes down to SCOTUS I think they will rull all those ballots ineligible.
    That’s what happens when judges attempt to legislate.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Maybe. I think Biden will win there either way. Those ballots would pad his numbers but I think the ones already turned in will be just enough for him (I also think Georgia goes Biden. BARELY.)
    ~Puma~

Election results threads

Looks bad for Trump and the United States of America... looks like we’re screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Looks bad for Trump and the United States of America... looks like we’re screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This Eric Trump and Rudy G news conference is just embarrassing. Like seriously embarrassing.
    ~Puma~

This Eric Trump and Rudy G news conference is just embarrassing. Like seriously embarrassing.
    Yep. Almost as bad as one of those by Chuck Schhmer and Nancy Pelosi

Yep. Almost as bad as one of those by Chuck Schhmer and Nancy Pelosi
    Agreed. Dislike listening to both of them.
    ~Puma~

Ugh....welcome to the next 3 months:

https://twitter.com/BrodyLogan/statu...667291648?s=20
    ~Puma~

A lot of those issues were preventable had the election officials complied with laws on observing elections.

A lot of those issues were preventable had the election officials complied with laws on observing elections.
    This was all predictable. He's been saying he could only lose if "they" cheated. He's a sore loser and the next 3 months will suck. As I said earlier today, I just really hope Republican leaders step up and tell him to knock it off.
    I (and nor do any of us) have any clue what election officials have done. But we all knew he would do this (I posted it earlier today as well as several times in the past few weeks) because he's said he would.
    He's going to lose AZ and Nevada...and I still think he loses PA and Georgia (barely).
    Last edited by ukpumacat; 11-04-2020 at 04:28 PM.
    ~Puma~

Were you not paying attention to the last 4 years? It’s tit for tat......
    This was all predictable. He's been saying he could only lose if "they" cheated. He's a sore loser and the next 3 months will suck. As I said earlier today, I just really hope Republican leaders step up and tell him to knock it off.
    I (and nor do any of us) have any clue what election officials have done. But we all knew he would do this (I posted it earlier today as well as several times in the past few weeks) because he's said he would.
    He's going to lose AZ and Nevada...and I still think he loses PA and Georgia (barely).

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Were you not paying attention to the last 4 years? It’s tit for tat......
    Of course I have. As I posted on here many times, I hated the impeachment stuff. And the Kavanaugh circus. I thought both were terrible politically and for the American people.
    ~Puma~

As I said, tit for tat. I’m sure the senate will have a look at Biden’s connections for at least 2 years to Hunter’s messes in Ukraine simply because the trail has been blazed the prior 4 years.
    Politics in this country are in the gutter, and I see no healing in sight.
    Of course I have. As I posted on here many times, I hated the impeachment stuff. And the Kavanaugh circus. I thought both were terrible politically and for the American people.

All we could do is vote. And all we really know is what we want to choose to believe.

All our opinions are tainted. And that is a fact.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Saying the media is "in on it" and Trump calling and screaming at Murdoch because Fox called Arizona yesterday only cements what I already think...which is that Trump plans on starting his own news network to become the new Fox.
    ~Puma~

I that is a real possibility simply because so many have went to media as commentators. He can actually afford to start his own network...
    Saying the media is "in on it" and Trump calling and screaming at Murdoch because Fox called Arizona yesterday only cements what I already think...which is that Trump plans on starting his own news network to become the new Fox.

Yeah. Nothing worse than a sore loser.

Signed
    Hillary Clinton and the entire democratic party

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    As I said, tit for tat. I’m sure the senate will have a look at Biden’s connections for at least 2 years to Hunter’s messes in Ukraine simply because the trail has been blazed the prior 4 years.
    Politics in this country are in the gutter, and I see no healing in sight.
    And they elected the definition of a swamp creature