Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Beef Jerky

Beef Jerky

I seem to remember a thread on this subject. Where do you get yours? What's your favorite?
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Bombino

Beef Jerky

I love Mingua Bros, though their batch to batch consistency needs work.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Re: Beef Jerky

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    I love Mingua Bros, though their batch to batch consistency needs work.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    This, on both counts. It's my favorite, but some is fairly dry and I like it with a little moisture left in it.

They've gone to foil packaging which should help, but I still think some of it is just in the batch.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I like beef jerky, but I just generally pick up those packages at Walmart and don't even know what they are. I'm sure that they are substandard quality and I would enjoy better beef jerky even more. So I am anxious to hear more about this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I like beef jerky, but I just generally pick up those packages at Walmart and don't even know what they are. I'm sure that they are substandard quality and I would enjoy better beef jerky even more. So I am anxious to hear more about this as well.
    Tell me you don't just order drinks as "vodka and" or "gin and ". Or like every TV show where the guy orders "a beer".

Walmart brand beef jerky and well liquor. Ew......
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Jack Links I like the individual wrapped sticks and my favorite flavor is Teriyaki
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I've gotten packs from here before; Pretty darn good stuff!!
    https://www.jerkyjerks.com

Today I ordered from this company.....https://www.threejerksjerky.com
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Mingua Brothers is the best I’ve ever tried.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Tell me you don't just order drinks as "vodka and" or "gin and ". Or like every TV show where the guy orders "a beer".

Walmart brand beef jerky and well liquor. Ew......
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Jack Links I like the individual wrapped sticks and my favorite flavor is Teriyaki
    Jack Links it is.

And I'm pretty easy on liquor, sorry. Generally Bud Light gets my beer attention. Sure, I'll drink and enjoy "better" beers, but no, I'm not picky. I don't particularly care for Coors water, but I guess if it's 95 degrees and I've been mowing the lawn or something it is ok.

For drinks, never been a gin person. We had a bottle of Tanqueray at the office and tried it every way I could and just didn't care for it. Vodka, if I drink it by itself, will generally be Grey Goose or Absolut, but I have also been known to have Smirnoff as a mixer. I'm not a connoisseur for any of it, though. Sorry, I'm easy.

There is a beef jerky company here in Louisville called bjo, not sure how good it is but thought that was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Jack Links it is.

And I'm pretty easy on liquor, sorry. Generally Bud Light gets my beer attention. Sure, I'll drink and enjoy "better" beers, but no, I'm not picky. I don't particularly care for Coors water, but I guess if it's 95 degrees and I've been mowing the lawn or something it is ok.

For drinks, never been a gin person. We had a bottle of Tanqueray at the office and tried it every way I could and just didn't care for it. Vodka, if I drink it by itself, will generally be Grey Goose or Absolut, but I have also been known to have Smirnoff as a mixer. I'm not a connoisseur for any of it, though. Sorry, I'm easy.
    that would be great if you were a 20 something smoking hot chick. Alas.

You were good with Goose or even Absolut, though it is overrated, but then you put Smirnoff in there. Why not just strain some sterno through some cheesecloth and save a buck?

It could be worse. You could be me. I'm not a whiskey/bourbon guy and I live right in the middle of it. I think it goes back to a really long night with some really fine Kessler Sippin' Whiskey. Ruined me on it.

And Jack Links is OK. definitely the major national brand, but Mingua is better IMO. But it is a taste thing. They are very different styles. Mingua is a lot more true to the origins of jerky, doesn't add fluids and flavor enhancers, etc. It's sliced meat dried with salt, though they do have a few flavors that are good.

Fab Five

Buc-ee:s!
    Real Fan since 1958