Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Cal Pauses Bball Practice for Two Weeks Due to Postive COVID Test

Fab Five

Cal Pauses Bball Practice for Two Weeks Due to Postive COVID Test

The Cal *Bears* that is.

Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    Cal is pausing team workouts for up to two weeks after a team member tested positive for COVID-19, per release.
    12:11 PM · Oct 27, 2020·TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...37512463634432

Sorry guys - I couldn't resist!! But that is what Rothsteing tweeted!

Re: Cal Pauses Bball Practice for Two Weeks Due to Postive COVID Test

We are going to see a lot of this I fear.....I am not sure what type of flow this season will have for any team honestly. We could very well be next. When these kids go home for Thanksgiving, etc. it could get ugly.

Prayers to the Cal Bears!

Peace

Richard (CW)

You just push through.. I hear that the virus controls everything.. no it doesn’t. America can get through this by continuing to move forward and survive.. I have friends and customers who have gotten it and it’s a rough virus, but all are fine now.. These kids will be fine..

I said it on another thread but my daughters first day of hs practice was stopped because one player and one coach exposed them all in a workout last week, so the health dept called and quarantined them all. I don’t see how they ever get to play honestly. Too many ways to get quarantined.
    Go Cats!

Dude. Not nice!

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    You just push through.. I hear that the virus controls everything.. no it doesn’t. America can get through this by continuing to move forward and survive.. I have friends and customers who have gotten it and it’s a rough virus, but all are fine now.. These kids will be fine..

Exactly.

It’s as if some people just ignore that we’re now 8 weeks into a football season and 5 weeks into an SEC season.

Will there be hurdles and obstacles and setbacks? Of course. But there will also be a season.

I had it.....the only way I knew something was not right is because I am an avid runner and my breathing was off. I decided to get tested and had it. I had no other symptoms....no fever, no loss of smell/taste...nothing. I am 54 and was 100% in a week back to running.

Peace

Richard (CW)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    I had it.....the only way I knew something was not right is because I am an avid runner and my breathing was off. I decided to get tested and had it. I had no other symptoms....no fever, no loss of smell/taste...nothing. I am 54 and was 100% in a week back to running.

Peace

Richard (CW)
    I will tell you for a fact, you can tell with a conversation on what political side someone is on and how they describe it lol.. it’s funny

I will tell you for a fact, you can tell with a conversation on what political side someone is on and how they describe it lol.. it’s funny
    And I can tell you for a fact that those of us who have had family members die from Covid-19, and have their daughters risking their friggin lives because people are idiots, don't appreciate making light of it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    And I can tell you for a fact that those of us who have had family members die from Covid-19, and have their daughters risking their friggin lives because people are idiots, don't appreciate making light of it one bit.
    You are correct, I can tell you firsthand it’s nasty stuff for some, and zero symptoms for most youth, and some people can lay right next to you for a week and not get it... it is certainly nothing you want to mock because it may not bite you but I’d hate to see my mom or dad endure it.
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    You are correct, I can tell you firsthand it’s nasty stuff for some, and zero symptoms for most youth, and some people can lay right next to you for a week and not get it... it is certainly nothing you want to mock because it may not bite you but I’d hate to see my mom or dad endure it.
    That's what makes this thing so insidious, and so divisive.

You can get it, have 10 people around you get it and it's not even a sniffle. Or you can die from it in short order. You can get it from walking by someone or not get it after spending a day with them.

There's no rhyme or reason to it, so if your experience with it is that it was nothing then you think it's nothing, but if you know someone who has died from it that's a very different perspective.

it also means we really have no good answers on what to do, also creating frustration.

In the end the "answer" seems to be to muddle through, with very little certainty and no consensus on anything. Which is also extremely frustrating. Wear masks, distance, try to be smart, and hope for the best.

Psychologically it has to be a mild form of the effects of combat, where you can do everything right and it may save your life and it may make no difference at all. There are no certain answers and yet you may die from a wrong choice.

Been a strange year. I think we should sue the Chinese for all the damages.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 10-27-2020 at 09:51 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

This
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

I agree; draconian lockdowns are more harmful than the disease...but the disease is dangerous.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    I agree; draconian lockdowns are more harmful than the disease...but the disease is dangerous.

Darryl
    It can be both and apologies for those I offended...we all have to be careful yet we have to find a way to continue living..

It is serious but you cannot shut everything down like the Governor of Kentucky wants.
    Be smart and manage yourself accordingly.

We hear about numbers rising and a doctor was on tv tonight saying that while yes the numbers are rising they are mostly young people and they get over it within 10 days, very few are going into intensive care now this does contradict the national narrative that’s out there.
    I just talked to a guy today that lives in Compton Cali today and he basically stated the same.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

It can be both and apologies for those I offended...we all have to be careful yet we have to find a way to continue living..
    I think you were going the same direction I do on politics; liberals consider COVID to be a deadly disease and conservatives act like it is the flu...the disease is probably in the middle a bit.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I hope you guys don't think I am making "light" of it. My daughter and Wife are nurses as you know and I am terrified for them to go to work. It is the only reason I really got tested. Since I work from, my wife thinks she carried it to me. My lungs literally felt like they were going to explode, that was my only symptom though. Since February, I have only been out of the house to go to the grocery store.....I have yet to be in a walmart or restaurant. We did go to a wedding and I didn't want to be there. I mask up even when I go in the grocery store. I am content to stay right in my castle until we have a vaccine honestly. I don't wish it on anyone....as mild as mine was, not being able to breath is the worst. I do think I need to get out more and believe in herd immunity, but my Job from home finds me working long hours so there has really been no reason to get out unnecessarily.....that was really no different for me before COVID though . Prayers for all!

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Last edited by Carolinawildcats; 10-28-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    I hope you guys don't think I am making "light" of it. My daughter and Wife are nurses as you know and I am terrified for them to go to work. It is the only reason I really got tested. Since I work from, my wife thinks she carried it to me. My lungs literally felt like they were going to explode, that was my only symptom though. Since February, I have only been out of the house to go to the grocery store.....I have yet to be in a walmart or restaurant. We did go to a wedding and I didn't want to be there. I mask up even when I go in the grocery store. I am content to stay right in my castle until we have a vaccine honestly. I don't wish it on anyone....as mild as mine was, not being able to breath is the worst. I do think I need to get out more and believe in herd immunity, but my Job from home finds me working long hours so there has really been no reason to get out unnecessarily.....that was really no different for me before COVID though . Prayers for all!

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Don’t go out unnecessarily please. Want to keep you around. Best strategy if you can is be very careful and wait for a vaccine.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    I think you were going the same direction I do on politics; liberals consider COVID to be a deadly disease and conservatives act like it is the flu...the disease is probably in the middle a bit.

Darryl
    IMO Operating in the extremes is the most harmful.

IMO, the whole mask mantra is creating a false sense of security, which is why 85% in the CDC study frequently or always wore a mask. You have to wear a mask and stay away from crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    IMO, the whole mask mantra is creating a false sense of security, which is why 85% in the CDC study frequently or always wore a mask. You have to wear a mask and stay away from crowds.
    Which ironically was one of the concerns back in March from the Surgeon General and other leaders, that by telling everyone to wear a mask they would think it would protect them and they would then engage in risky behavior.

They weren't wrong, they just didn't explain in more detail and tried to dumb it down, and it ended up making for a very confusing mixed message.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.