Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Thanksgiving in California

Fab Five

Thanksgiving in California

CA Gov’s Thxgiving insanity:
    -Must be held *OUTSIDE*;
    -Guests may use bathrm inside if sanitized;
    -Masks on while not eating;
    -Singing “strongly discouraged;”
    -Max of two hours together;
    -6 feet *mandated* in all directions b/twn all at table & otherwise.

Damn who knew you had to clean the bathroom before guests arrive? Hell, we don’t have that problem. My guests just let it hang out over the side of the deck.
    Real Fan since 1958

Re: Thanksgiving in California

If the bathroom is not sanitized then do you pi$$ and $hit outdoors?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Never thought I'd see the day a porta-potty was more sanitary than indoor plumbing

Back in August many indoor bathrooms were off limits in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge and you were instructed to use the portable facilities out back.
    it didnt appear very sanitary..or sane.
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-25-2020 at 09:51 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I didn't know Sevierville and Pigeon Forge even had indoor plumbing. Surprised they made room around the bobblehead hillbilly salt and pepper shaker displays.

Yeah, that's not a questionable overreach by the state into people's lives.

No doubt Covid is a special circumstance, but in Ky, Michigan, etc. these governors do have legal authority for emergency powers, but those laws often have time limits and other limits which are being wholesale ignored. At some point these things should at a minimum require being brought before the state legislatures.

Rather than wrap the leftovers in Saran Wrap everyone needs to just wrap themselves in it and we'll be fine.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Emergency powers are there as a stop gap between when an emergency arises and ehen state legislature has an opportunity to address it. Currently many of these powers are being used to bypass state legislatures and seat the governors as dictators by proxy
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    If the bathroom is not sanitized then do you pi$$ and $hit outdoors?
    Just hire a port-0-let. Nothing says appetizing than staring down a hole onto a pile of other people's turds.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbTarlek View Post
    Just hire a port-0-let. Nothing says appetizing than staring down a hole onto a pile of other people's turds.
    Better idea; cut down a tree, and put a folding, trench shovel next to it with a roll of toilet paper on it.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbTarlek View Post
    Better idea; cut down a tree, and put a folding, trench shovel next to it with a roll of toilet paper on it.
    Why cut down the tree?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Why cut down the tree?
    It’s a small tree to sit on while you take a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    CA Gov’s Thxgiving insanity:
    -Must be held *OUTSIDE*;
    -Guests may use bathrm inside if sanitized;
    -Masks on while not eating;
    -Singing “strongly discouraged;”
    -Max of two hours together;
    -6 feet *mandated* in all directions b/twn all at table & otherwise.

Damn who knew you had to clean the bathroom before guests arrive? Hell, we don’t have that problem. My guests just let it hang out over the side of the deck.
    So, are these suggestions or enforced by fine, arrest, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Basket Case View Post
    Haha. Surely you know the media has a hard on for anything California.
    Newsweek ran this story and Megyn Kelly tweeted it and it went viral.
    You won’t find a link on any article to the Ca.gov website that actually has the guidelines and tips.
    The truth is every state has these guidelines. Every single one. Do people abide by them all? No, of course not.
    California’s was actually updated recently to EXPAND households getting together (it’s not for Thankgiving...it’s all the time). It used to be 2 households and now it’s 3.
    My next door neighbor had a birthday party on Sat night and had about 30 people there. The guy behind him called the Sheriffs office because the music was loud late at night. They came. Just told him to turn it down.

Like I said, every single state has guidelines and tips like this for households and small gatherings. They are all a tad different but you get the point.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Basket Case View Post
    It's California. Would you want to find out? My guess it will be enforced arbitrarily.
    Real Fan since 1958

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Haha. Surely you know the media has a hard on for anything California.
    Newsweek ran this story and Megyn Kelly tweeted it and it went viral.
    You won’t find a link on any article to the Ca.gov website that actually has the guidelines and tips.
    The truth is every state has these guidelines. Every single one. Do people abide by them all? No, of course not.
    California’s was actually updated recently to EXPAND households getting together (it’s not for Thankgiving...it’s all the time). It used to be 2 households and now it’s 3.
    My next door neighbor had a birthday party on Sat night and had about 30 people there. The guy behind him called the Sheriffs office because the music was loud late at night. They came. Just told him to turn it down.

Like I said, every single state has guidelines and tips like this for households and small gatherings. They are all a tad different but you get the point.
    Are you saying Megan Kelly has a hard on? You're as bad as Trump.

Newsweek has reported that Gov Newsome and the Cali Dept. of Public Health have released "stringent new regulations". I would not put stringent new regulations in a category of guidelines and tips. For Thanksgiving Tips, you're safer to call the Butterball Hotline.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 10-27-2020 at 05:07 AM.
    Real Fan since 1958

Newsweek has reported that Gov Newsome and the Cali Dept. of Public Health have released "stringent new regulations". I would not put stringent new regulations in a category of guidelines and tips. For Thanksgiving Tips, you're safer to call the Butterball Hotline.
    Like I said, was there a link in the Newsweek article to those "stringent new regulations"? No. Of course not. And every outlet that picked up the story simply quoted Newsweek. Its a terribly misleading article and headline. There are no "stringent new regulations". The "new" in the guidelines LOOSENED regulations.

This is where we are now. Every basketball reporter knows that if they want hits...just throw something about UK in there. It will be shared all over every Kentucky forum. Desperate outlets know the same thing about California. Write something with a catchy headline (even if its not true) about California's "liberal policies" and you are guaranteeing that right wing outlets and forums will post about it. Its automatic.

Every single state has these types of guidelines because of Covid its just no other state gets people to click on the article and share it on the internet.

It just wouldn't be nearly as "clickable" for Newsweek to do an article on the fact that its illegal to shoot a gun, hunt, play cards or dominoes on Sundays in Alabama and that its punishable by fine or jail time (or hard labor for the county) even though its completely true.
    ~Puma~

Fab Five

I am sure any new regulations would be a loosening.
    Real Fan since 1958

I am sure any new regulations would be a loosening.
    They were. The guidelines were first written in late March. And then just recently updated in early October. They used to say two households was a "social gathering". They loosened it to three households being one.
    This wasn't written for Thanksgiving. Its for people going to the beach together, park together, hiking together, socializing at home together, etc.
    Again, every state has these. The article was click bait and it worked.
    Last edited by ukpumacat; 10-27-2020 at 07:23 PM.
    ~Puma~

Fab Five

Happy Thanksgiving, Puma! Oh wait! I forgot. Everyday is Halloween in the Peoples Republic of Cali!
    Real Fan since 1958

Happy Thanksgiving, Puma! Oh wait! I forgot. Everyday is Halloween in the Peoples Republic of Cali!
    Happy Thanksgiving Mick. Have no idea what the rest of your post means. Excited to be with my family this year (from more than 3 households. Shhhh).