Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: I voted today

I voted today

So if Trump wins FL by 1 vote, you can thank me

I usually vote early, in person. This year was no different. Fl started early voting on Monday. I waited until today to avoid the crowd. Is overcast and slight rain which was fine. Waited maybe 10 min, masked and social distance. Far cleaner /safer than a trip to Home Depot or the grocery store.

Personally I believe all mail in ballots should be required to be post marked by Oct 30 so they will be at the election commission by Nov 3rd
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: I voted today

Going to try and vote Saturday here in Louisville.

The wait down here in Collier County has been up to 2 hrs per the news reports. I’m going to vote early next week, in person
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I usually vote early, in person. This year was no different. Fl started early voting on Monday. I waited until today to avoid the crowd. Is overcast and slight rain which was fine. Waited maybe 10 min, masked and social distance. Far cleaner /safer than a trip to Home Depot or the grocery store.

Personally I believe all mail in ballots should be required to be post marked by Oct 30 so they will be at the election commission by Nov 3rd

I will vote in person as I always have. What an honor for all of us!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

First time I have ever had the need or desire to vote.

I voted today

I’m an Election Day voter, always have always will...God willing and the river don’t rise.

I’m starting to feel like we’re screwed. And by “we” I mean every citizen in the United States.

Trump better be on his game tonight, and use this opportunity to break Buyden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 10-22-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I voted yesterday. Will be out of town on Election Day (actually travelling back...)

I did vote for a Dem. Local Mayor is a Dem. Good guy. disagree with some of his overall politics but he has the best interest of our town in mind and wants it to be successful.

I am “a “permanent absentee”’voter. So my ballot came in the mail the way it always does. I voted, much much redder than I usually do, and then mailed it back. A week later I got on the Montana secstate website and saw that my ballot had been received by my local Clerk and Recorder/Election Admin. Only difference this yeat was postage paid. That usually is only the case in. Bozeman muni elections, a policy I started in the mid 2000s

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    First time I have ever had the need or desire to vote.
    You should be proud of that! Congrats!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

We need Universal balloting technique. I am all in favor of making voting as simple as possible, and would make it possible to do by computer in a similar manner to your on line tax. Would also require nail in or absentee ballot received before election day, not post marked. Of course there are pbms with both those but problems are there to be solved, not to be excuses
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

That is a situation rife with tampering possibilities.....

We need Universal balloting technique. I am all in favor of making voting as simple as possible, and would make it possible to do by computer in a similar manner to your on line tax. Would also require nail in or absentee ballot received before election day, not post marked. Of course there are pbms with both those but problems are there to be solved, not to be excuses

Doc in Montana it must be received by election day. That works well.

I usually vote on Election Day at about 6:10 am but this year voted by absentee ballot about two weeks ago.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Doc in Montana it must be received by election day. That works well.
    I agree....

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    That is a situation rife with tampering possibilities.....
    No more than sending out ballots to everyone, often being incorrect ballots, as we have seen.

Is tampering possible using that method? Sure but I submit my taxes electronically, and feel comfortable that it is secure. Makes it easy to cross reference with a social security number. But, as I stated, "Of course there are pbms with both those but problems are there to be solved, not to be excuses"

I received a picture of my Mother today holding her mail in ballot. You have never seen a bigger smile since it is the first vote she has ever cast. I was very proud for her.

She is an avid fan of the president by the way, and if it aint' on Fox news..she doesnt watch it.
    But that's my Momma' And none finer ever lived imo.

Believe me I felt I had to vote, I totally believe America is falling and I love this country and what it’s built on.
    I cannot fathom some of the Democratic views.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    You should be proud of that! Congrats!

Believe me I felt I had to vote, I totally believe America is falling and I love this country and what it’s built on.
    And I believe you are mistaken about some of those things. But we're entitled to disagree on that as Americans. On such has the history of this nation been built.
    As the great republican John McCain implies in my signature, we must each be about maintaining this great nation through compromise of thought.
    And the only option is to unite and not contribute to or support division as has been the well known and stated goal of our enemies abroad. The only path forward is one we come to mutually, and not individually..as a people. Thats my opinion on the nation I grew up loving and still love.

But whether we agree or not, the right of each individual to vote in each election is still to be celebrated by every American. If we ever lose that, we lose it all anyway. That's the greatest and more present danger imo.
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-24-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Have the polling police recognized you as a repeat voter yet?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

The biggest threat to Democracy right now in my opinion is the strategy started in earnest by Newt Gingrich that one of the two parties in our two party system lacks legitimacy to rule, even if they win. Very dangerous and sets us up for one party rule.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    The biggest threat to Democracy right now in my opinion is the strategy started in earnest by Newt Gingrich that one of the two parties in our two party system lacks legitimacy to rule, even if they win. Very dangerous and sets us up for one party rule.
    Very wise deduction. That's why our votes should all command respect.