Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gonna be a long week

Re: Gonna be a long week

Citing a statement from Chief Justice John Roberts in 2017 in which he acknowledged that the judiciary “is not immune” from the problem of sexual misconduct, Hirono said it is her duty “to ensure the fitness of nominees” for positions that have lifetime appointments.
    “Since you became a legal adult, have you ever made unwanted requests for sexual favors, or committed any physical or verbal harassment or assault of a sexual nature?” Hirono asked.
    This surprised me, even for a Democrat.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

But Harris seemed just the opposite in her time. What a contrast.
    Kamala can't carry her Starbucks for her and do it right. Absolutely no reasonable comparison between the two.
    seeya
    dan

Again 100% of the narrative on tv is about democratic supported terrorist groups that are forcing Americans to take sides and yes as divided as both side are becoming at some point there will be another civil war if there are not drastic changes to unite.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Wow. People are shooting each other over political beliefs. There is more hate and anger on both sides than at any point in my life.
    People can’t even have political debates and discussions anymore. Like it’s literally impossible.
    There is more name calling and character assassination than I’ve ever seen on both sides. That’s always been around with our politicians but never like this with the voters.
    Someone (you?) literally said we may have another civil war.
    What do we need to heal from? Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Wow. People are shooting each other over political beliefs. There is more hate and anger on both sides than at any point in my life.
    People can’t even have political debates and discussions anymore. Like it’s literally impossible.
    There is more name calling and character assassination than I’ve ever seen on both sides. That’s always been around with our politicians but never like this with the voters.
    Someone (you?) literally said we may have another civil war.
    What do we need to heal from? Lord.
    Can't heal when the wound is still infected.

Having a supermajority of one side, with no filibuster to stop them, etc. will not heal, as you well know.

I see no way to heal at the current time, as the goals and principles and overall ideological divide is so great there is little room for common understanding, at least at the political level. At the individual level it's there, but when it rises to national policy there's just not much overlap left.

And I don't know how to "fix" it or if there is a fix. For 250 years there has been a group that believes more in the ideological notion of individual liberty, and one that is more concerned with equity. That fundamental divide has been compromised over time and again, but I see little desire to find compromise these days. Anyone who suggests it is labeled a heretic. It can only be compromised if neither side is absolute about it, if there is some respect for the other side and a desire for balance. There is very little of that among those who are the most influential.

I think you are right, "conservatives" will end up fairly quickly in a permanent minority, the left controls all education and media, for at least one generational cycle (see 1960s to the 1980s response), and during that time if things are pushed without compromise, there will be no return to it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And Biden will not "heal". He has that ability, as does Trump, but he won't.

I agree he at least dislikes the idea of court packing, but here he sits with a very strong lead in an election, more money than they can spend, a complicit media, every advantage, and he cannot stand up to the most radical part of his base and say "no, we must find ways to work together, we must find ways to respect each other."

If he's going to heal us, why not start now? When he gets elected and the senate is also Democrat, that heat will be turned up by a multiple to drop the filibuster and pack the court. Wait until the first big SCOTUS ruling the left hates.

If he can't do it now, when is he going to turn into this moderate voice of reason?

No, I think biden knows it's a bad idea, but I also know he's spent his entire career successfully sitting on a fence and looking graceful doing it. He'll do whatever helps him politically, and I'm afraid the winds will tell him and his staff to at least support ending the filibuster. he wont' get nearly the blowback as court packing, it's too esoteric, but it will be the end of America as we know it if it happens.

And that's not hyperbole. that 60 vote line is the last place in the entire US system that you need more than a simple majority to impose your will. The White House and House were always that way, and federalism is long dead and gone, leaving just the Senate as a place of compromise. If Trump wins there's little point to ending it and taking the risk, but if Biden wins only he can tell Schumer to not do it and make it stick.

That will take far more guts than stating his view on court packing over the last week. He's shown he's exactly what I know him to be, a pure politician who is great at surviving politically, very poor at doing the right thing for the nation.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I read that Biden is going to win and my thoughts just sink, with Democratic control I feel defeated just knowing that they will push for higher taxes and a government that I do not support.
    I try to listen to Candice Owens and listening to her gives me hope but then I realize all these brain washed zombies that are out there sucking the life out of America will vote Democrat and ruin the great prideful America!

This goes back to what “deplorables” and “bitterly clinging” revealed; the utter contempt democrats and the media have for this country and its traditional people and mores. I had sixteen years of it. The D’s took a turn to elitism and govt unions, and away from blue collar with the Clintons and NAFTA and Hollywood’s influence on them. Frankly the way they dismissed the scandal was all part of that—silly people and their outmoded morality

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    This goes back to what “deplorables” and “bitterly clinging” revealed; the utter contempt democrats and the media have for this country and its traditional people and mores. I had sixteen years of it. The D’s took a turn to elitism and govt unions, and away from blue collar with the Clintons and NAFTA and Hollywood’s influence on them. Frankly the way they dismissed the scandal was all part of that—silly people and their outmoded morality
    And they pour their money now into elections in other states, control our broadcasts and our schools, and we are to be ruled from the east and west coast. A submissive flyover. Welcome to District 12. All hail the Capital.

I actually feel sorry for the Democratic group because it seems they need total direction on how to live their lives, complete non thinkers and looking for the bail out instead of working hard to achieve respect.

It is all over but the whimpering and gnashing of teeth. Meeting room is basically empty of democrats except that they show up at the appointed time to sit down and rehash their tired questions and try to get the nominee to slip up and voice her personal opinion rather than stating the legal opinion.

I am really impressed with the nominee and believe she will be an excellent addition to the panel of 9 and will be a constitutional voice among the panel of 15 or 50 of the future.
    seeya
    dan

Barrett is the way you should view the Supreme Court, view law’s constitutionality and stop interpreting them as the individual believes.

Anyone else stick around to watch the post program call in comments from the watching public? Proof that there is a reason this country is going into the dumper. The comments were hard to understand based on the interaction between the nominee and the senators who were there to determine fitness for the position.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    And they pour their money now into elections in other states, control our broadcasts and our schools, and we are to be ruled from the east and west coast. A submissive flyover. Welcome to District 12. All hail the Capital.
    Despite hypocritically decrying “dark money” our democrat senate candidate is the biggest beneficiary of it ever

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Despite hypocritically decrying “dark money” our democrat senate candidate is the biggest beneficiary of it ever
    Yep. In Kentucky McGrath is completely funded and her platform handed to her by mega-interests from New York and California. This election cycle more than any other has been an attempt to carpetbag one party's way into a majority.

It's legal, but it calls into question the idea of representative government. Money has always had that negative influence, and it has grown exponentially since the beginning of the postwar area. In SC Graham faces a candidate with what will likely end up close to $100 million in outside money, just for one Senate seat.

And here's a news flash: when people spend that kind of money to get their guy in that seat, they aren't doing it with the idea that the Senator then gets to vote his conscience. Just like how Burisma didn't hire the son of the US Vice President b/c of a mandated diversity policy.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Yep. In Kentucky McGrath is completely funded and her platform handed to her by mega-interests from New York and California. This election cycle more than any other has been an attempt to carpetbag one party's way into a majority.

It's legal, but it calls into question the idea of representative government. Money has always had that negative influence, and it has grown exponentially since the beginning of the postwar area. In SC Graham faces a candidate with what will likely end up close to $100 million in outside money, just for one Senate seat.

And here's a news flash: when people spend that kind of money to get their guy in that seat, they aren't doing it with the idea that the Senator then gets to vote his conscience. Just like how Burisma didn't hire the son of the US Vice President b/c of a mandated diversity policy.
    I don’t understand the left’s fascination with McGrath. Spending time in the military doesn’t automatically make you fit to represent the state. She has said she would be the most liberal politician in the state, that certainly isn’t a good thing.

But she is a woman of faith, that supports full term abortions!
    Oh and let’s not forget she flew fighter jets!