Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gonna be a long week

I am going to try and watch all of the proceedings of the senate to examine the bona fides of the Supreme court justice nominee. If I get thru day one with out going to the bathroom and throwing up, I will have experienced a miracle. All the opening remarks have been given by members of the judiciary committee, Judge Barrett, and a few other outsiders who know her from past experiences.

Committee is in recess until 9:00 am et tomorrow. Proceedings can be viewed live on CSpan
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Gonna be a long week

Great, I’ll be looking forward to reading the cliff notes... save me from puking, thanks for taking one for the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Gonna be a long week

It looks more like an Obamacare hearing. It looks like the Dems are trying to make this on healthcare, when it isn’t.

I'm trying to do a politics cleanse. I signed up for a 30-day free trial of YouTube Premium so I don't have to see any political ads. Did the same with Pandora Premium. Not watching news on TV, took the political people I follow on Twitter, moved them to a list and then muted them all. FB friends posting political stuff--I love them, but I'm snoozing them. Just can't deal with it anymore. And yet here I am in The Barber Shop....
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 10-12-2020 at 09:08 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    It looks more like an Obamacare hearing. It looks like the Dems are trying to make this on healthcare, when it isn’t.
    If the democrats did not have ACA, RvsW, and Covid welfare funds to talk about they would have to walk out of the meeting room and let the Republicans go ahead with the vote.

I think they will not bother to question her qualifications once this week.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 10-12-2020 at 08:46 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Honestly will Barrett repel all those rulings?

It’s like the Democrats just want everyone to hate each other.

BEvans -- good luck with that. Not a bad idea. I keep waiting for Washington to call me for opinions but no matter how much I stay informed it doesn't happen, so not sure of the point.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Honestly will Barrett repel all those rulings?
    It isn’t likely any of those will be repealed. Something undoubtedly will be done in regards to abortion, but that is because the Liberal states are legislating abortion up until and immediately after birth, and the conservative states have sought to limit late term abortions.

It’s like the Democrats just want everyone to hate each other.
    Two things on that

1) "Love Trumps Hate"

2) I thought it was Trump who is divisive
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Great, I’ll be looking forward to reading the cliff notes... save me from puking, thanks for taking one for the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nevermind. Not worth it.
    Last edited by ukpumacat; 10-13-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    ~Puma~

If you have any medical issues beyond a hangnail, you are toast. Just lie back in your recliner at home and die. Republicans and Judge Barrett do not care if you live or die. On the other hand they do care if a fetus has a right to live or not. If you are a fetus, then the democrats want nothing to do with placing Judge Barrett on the empty spot in the SCOTUS lineup as they want the right to kill the fetus, and they can not get Judge Barrett to voice any personal opinions as she will decide issues based of constitutional law and legislative precedence.

Gonna be a long day as the circus will likely last until 9:00 et tonight.
    seeya
    dan

We do not need to be watching a confirmation hearing. Should be working on a new Covid welfare bill. To heck with the idea that the supreme court needs to be at full speed so when the election is contested on one side or another, the court can do it's job and determine who is the winner without question. Klobuchar is really going downhill in my eyes. She is now appearing to be a typical rude Minnesotan and I will never forget her performance.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Ginsburg died and we are where we are (she should have retired when Obama was President).

exactly. I have been saying this for some time...but she didn't want to. I see it a bit like Dak Prescott. Made a decision to not sign a big contract, hoping for a better one, and the decision didn't pan out. Live with the consequences.

The idea that this is the doom of either the ACA or abortion is silly IMO. It might lead to a BETTER form of both. An ACA where I can keep my policy which offers what I need, based on my beliefs and where I am willing to risk, and a policy on abortion where infanticide is outlawed would be beneficial.

Thing is Congress MAKES the law, not the SCOTUS. At least that is how its suppose to be. If congress does not like how the SCOTUS rules, they have the ability to CHANGE THE LAW. Most controversial SCOTUS decisions are based on poorly written laws where the justices interpretations are open because the law is vague or off point.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

And for the record, I'm against expanding the number of the Supreme Court. Joe Biden is as well. And this is a very simple thing to answer for him (politically, it made sense not to answer this early on...now that Fox is beating it to death he needs to Imo politically): "The President doesn't have the power to do that. That's a Congressional decision. I am not a fan of it and would not push Congress to do it as I think its a bad idea." Simple.
    He does not have the stones to do that. That would required him to stand up to Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, as well as the likes of Bernie, Warren and AOC. Plus I don't believe he isn't in favor of it. He is in favor of whatever leads to more power. He is a classic swamp monster, where power is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If you have any medical issues beyond a hangnail, you are toast. Just lie back in your recliner at home and die. Republicans and Judge Barrett do not care if you live or die. On the other hand they do care if a fetus has a right to live or not. If you are a fetus, then the democrats want nothing to do with placing Judge Barrett on the empty spot in the SCOTUS lineup as they want the right to kill the fetus, and they can not get Judge Barrett to voice any personal opinions as she will decide issues based of constitutional law and legislative precedence.

Gonna be a long day as the circus will likely last until 9:00 et tonight.

You forgot, all diabetics will dies...and women will be charged more because they can get pregnant. And this is an end run by Trump because....well, its always about Trump, even though he just signed an executive order concerning pre-existing conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    He does not have the stones to do that. That would required him to stand up to Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, as well as the likes of Bernie, Warren and AOC. Plus I don't believe he isn't in favor of it. He is in favor of whatever leads to more power. He is a classic swamp monster, where power is what matters.
    Nevermind. Not worth it.
    Last edited by ukpumacat; 10-13-2020 at 06:31 PM.
    ~Puma~

We shall see. I betcha a Red Stripe he says something very similar to what I said by (or in) the next debate. I think it was politically expedient to not answer at first. Now I think he should. And I think he will. Adding to the Supreme Court is not going to be a popular idea and he knows that. Say what you will about Biden but he and his team know what they are doing and have ran a great campaign. Trump keeps shooting himself in the foot and Biden keeps avoiding the bullets. I think he will on this one too.
    which is why he won't commit to not doing it until AFTER the election. It takes a special kind of dumb to claim that voters don't have a right to know what his stance is before the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    which is why he won't commit to not doing it until AFTER the election. It takes a special kind of dumb to claim that voters don't have a right to know what his stance is before the election.
    His not answering tells you he would endorse stocking the court now.

Senator Stolen Valor frenzied at the possibility he won’t get to murder millions of babies.

I say this even though I am pro-choice (with sideboards). He is a weasel and not just disrespectful but dishonest and insulting in his framing of the issue.

I have decided to reread Term Limits by Vince Flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    His not answering tells you he would endorse stocking the court now.
    Nevermind. Not worth it.
    Last edited by ukpumacat; 10-13-2020 at 06:31 PM.
    ~Puma~

Blumenthal does not belong in the Senate. He is incapable of understanding clear and succinct answers to his direct questions, or if that is not the case, he is a good actor at portraying a bumbling nincompoop.
    seeya
    dan

Darrell. I believe she could out Lawyer you, and I do not think that would be easy to do. She is very sharp, crafty, and elusive. They have not been able to pin her down in any spot she did not want to be pinned, and believe me they have spent a lot of time trying to do exactly that.
    seeya
    dan

Above all, once again Mazie Hirono why she is the dumbest member of congress (not just the Senate but all congress).

What do we have a lot of healing to do from? BLM?
    Sorry but that is such a mid-used agenda narrative.
    Ha. Same. I have little interest in this at all. Its simply an opportunity for Senators on both sides of the aisle to do all of their pontificating, etc.
    Barrett is going to be confirmed and should. Just like Garland should have been. And its hypocritical for them to do so but it is their right. And that is coming from someone who is not a conservative.
    Do I like what this will do to the court as far as future cases being heard? Of course not. But it is what it is. I'm far less frustrated with the hypocrisy of Mitch and Lindsey than I am with all of the democrats who stayed home in 2016 and didn't vote.
    Elections matter. Presidential ones and Senate ones. Ginsburg died and we are where we are (she should have retired when Obama was President). Dems would do the same thing no matter what they said and committed to in the past.

And for the record, I'm against expanding the number of the Supreme Court. Joe Biden is as well. And this is a very simple thing to answer for him (politically, it made sense not to answer this early on...now that Fox is beating it to death he needs to Imo politically): "The President doesn't have the power to do that. That's a Congressional decision. I am not a fan of it and would not push Congress to do it as I think its a bad idea." Simple.
    Biden is going to win this election. And the Senate will very possibly flip because Trump is so terribly unpopular. But that majority would be better served getting real legislation done and filling as many Federal Court seats as possible in those 4 years. The American landscape is more and more pro-Democratic. They don't need to pack the court and stop that from happening. It will happen on its own naturally. Our country has a lot of healing to do. Changing the number of seats on the Supreme Court would do the opposite.

You act as if the news channels are not pro Democratic and report everything in the Democratic narrative.
    I have been force fed nothing but a Democratic/BLM/antifa point of view for the past 6 months and have frankly had enough.
    I don't agree. I don't think he likes it.

Both sides are trying to use it to their advantage. Reps are trying to use it to try and scare voters toward them. It hasn't worked and won't work. Dems have tried to use it for leverage with the nomination vote. It hasn't and won't work either.

Biden hasn't given his answer because he wants to show a united front and allow Schumer to try to use it for leverage. Now that its obvious that isn't working and now that its politically expedient to answer...he will. It won't be the strong "No, I will never pack the court" answer Sean Hannity wants (not like it matters). But it will be similar to what I said above. "I don't have the power to do that as President. And I'm not for doing that". That's all he needs to say and he will.
    It will still be all the buzz on Hannity and Ingraham but no one else will care and it will pass. All it really does is play to both bases and those were shored up long ago.
    This race was always going to be decided by independents and moderates and those are Joe's to lose.

Just wait and see...

So in the day when I wrote a letter of support for same sex couples “sexual preference and gender orientation” were the usage of the day, and of courts. The ACLU helped me with my language. And yet, here they are hanging her out
    To dry over that phrase. The Supreme Court even refers to “making personal choices” in the same sex marriage case. But They hang her out to dry cor this language. These are the actions of extremists.

She is a very smart woman. Has so much case law basically memorized from what I can tell. But Harris seemed just the opposite in her time. What a contrast.

You act as if the news channels are not pro Democratic and report everything in the Democratic narrative.
    No, I don’t act like that all.

What do we have a lot of healing to do from? BLM?
    Sorry but that is such a mid-used agenda narrative.
    Wow. People are shooting each other over political beliefs. There is more hate and anger on both sides than at any point in my life.
    People can’t even have political debates and discussions anymore. Like it’s literally impossible.
    There is more name calling and character assassination than I’ve ever seen on both sides. That’s always been around with our politicians but never like this with the voters.
    Someone (you?) literally said we may have another civil war.
    What do we need to heal from? Lord.