Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Re: RIP Eddie Van Halen

2020 sucks.

One of those Days the music dies

Wow--one of the greats. RIP
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

very sad in deed.....

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    One of those Days the music dies
    +1

And as Darrell said, 2020 sucks.

He could sure make a lot of noise with a guitar.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I know that DLR was the front man and face of the group during VH's hayday but Eddie was the ultimate "cool". Banging super hot Valerie Bertenelli....sex, drugs and rock and roll. Everybody has Hendrix, Clapton and SRV as the greatest guitarist of all times, and I would agree but EVH is definitely in that class. He in essence invented, or perfected, the tapping style.
    Last edited by Doc; 10-06-2020 at 05:18 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I know that DLR was the front man and face of the group during VH's hayday but Eddie was the ultimate "cool". Banging super hot Valerie Bertenelli....sex, drugs and rock and roll. Everybody has Hendrix, Clapton and SRV as the greatest guitarist of all times, and I would agree but EVH is definitely in that class. He in essence invented, or perfected, the tapping style.

True. He is a legend.

Go with God Eddie.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

RIP Eddie Van Halen

He played some mean guitar in the background during some of my crazy days in the late 70’s early 80’s....

God’s speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

The hammer, tap & pull off plus his use of harmonics was amazing.
    God speed, Eddie.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

When I think of 80’s music, Jump is one of the first songs I think of just because of how it sounds.

For me for Van Halen it is Runnin with the Devil
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Their debut album was a staple blasting through the dorms when I was in school down in FL...

Van Halen famously had in their contract rider a bowl of M&M’s with no brown ones. As the story goes it was a quick way to determine if the other demands in the contract were provided, or that the contract had actually been read completely.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bands are notorious for those kinds of things in their green room demands. IMO it's childish, b/c one of my friends worked at a venue where meeting them was her job. One band demanded only green M&Ms on a ripoff of Van Halen. One demanded 3 beach towels. It was endless and silly. She literally went shopping for every band coming in.

BTW, nicest band/singer she ever worked for she said was Ted Nugent. All he wanted was BBQ and sides for the food, no other requests, and he made a point of asking the staff in to thank them for everything they did. He was the only one who did that.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Might try a little eruption to get your morning started.

https://youtu.be/OCwigPhpiXs

Last edited by blueboss; 10-07-2020 at 02:16 PM.